Paranormal 75C Purple Ostrich

from what DJ said, he could vape right down to the cotton when it is dry and still get the flavor and smoke,clouds etc, hmmm!!!

1 Like

Hmmmmmmm X 2 I dunno about THAT level of magic hehe. I’m not busting TC balls here (or am I ??), but ask yourself this, what exactly COULD any mod change or adjust ?? Current flow maybe ? Current through a resistor, like I*R=V ??

Maybe a lil temp control sprinkled on top for good measure ??

4 Likes

Hmmmmmm x3. Real good TC can drain wick pretty well, but when the juice starts running out, well, it runs out, lol.

3 Likes

Depends what you mean with fiddling… sure, you need to find out what you prefer, which temperature, what power you’re going to use for it, maybe change those values for different juices and different coils.

I can’t speak for others because I don’t know many (in real life) who vape TC. I nearly always use the same coils (2x26g/38g SS fused claptons) and besides temperature every so often, I barely fiddle with any settings anymore.
My main atty is still the Goon v1.0 which doesn’t have a huge juice well. I just vape and vape and vape until there’s no more vapor coming out of it. When I look at my cotton, it’s bone dry and white as my background here. No burning, no cotton flavor. Just redrip and vape until the next time I get no more vapor.

If I’d be as nonchalant with a kanthal coil, I’d burn my cotton each time and I’d have to rewick every time I drip or carefully and constantly keep an eye on my wicks to see if they’re not dry.

Also, I get a very constant vape in TCM. No matter if I pull for a second or 4, the experience remains the same. With plain power mode, the heat would keep building up, juice would burn, cotton would burn and I’d be rewicking again.

I’m not talking about TC on cheap mods. Honestly speaking, I’m not impressed with those. I’ve only ever had 1 non-dna mod that did it half decent. Most of the times I’d have to turn the temp up to nearly 300C (about 570F I think) to get the same experience as 220C on my DNA.
Maybe it’s because of the “fancy coils” I use but to me, that shouldn’t matter. TC should simply work and for that, you need a decent and fast chip on your PCB that has the power to quickly notice any resistance changes and adjust the power accordingly.

Sometimes I hear people say that they get a better vape from power mode… well, not me. I can get a similar vape in PWM but I’d have to pay much more attention to it and probably pulse manually not to get too much heat.

Oh yeah, because TCM throttles power when needed, you’re also going to use a bit less power, be easier on your batteries which gives you a longer lasting charge and it will likely also extend the life of your batteries compared to only PWM.

I like having not a care in the world when vaping and just enjoy my juice. I am totally sold on it and I’m not looking back.

This new feature Replay does sound interesting. It will likely shorten the time where you have to learn what settings you need. It will probably allow you to switch to new exotic coils on the go without having to put much time and effort in learning the sweet spot of them (the DNA250C will do that for you, as well as the 75C with the new firmware).

If you have the replay function on your mod, put in some temp control coils (Ni, Ti, SS, Ni80 according to this vid), try and see how it works. I’d be surprised if after a few tanks you will be going back to your Kanthal coils, but everything is possible of course.

I’m not sure I would buy a DNA device if I’d just vape in power mode. I don’t immediately see the big advantage. With TC, I definitely do and I use it as good as all the time. No burnt wicks, no dry hits (cough, yuck, cough cough, formaldehydes, yuck), always the same experience, less battery charging, … what’s not to like?

3 Likes

From the video, it sounds like the mods you buy in the US won’t have the firmware, but nothing will stop you from downloading and implementing the international firmware :wink:

2 Likes

ROAR, why does THAT ^^^ not surprise me ?

1 Like

@anon28032772 OK, great points. How does ^^^^^ that work ?? Got to be temp right ? A saturated coil/wick will remain at a lower temp, as it runs drier, the temp goes up, and the mod rachets it back down to prevent burning I’m guessing ? I guess because I always use tanks i.e. RTA, RDTA, etc. I have never had to worry about dripping or running dry.

1 Like

Anything that vaporizes, removes heat from its environment. That’s basically how sweat works to cool your body. Same with a coil, the liquid vaporizes and removes heat from the coil. That’s why a wet coil will never glow. As soon as the liquid disappears, the heat will run up in the coil.

When the heat runs up, so does the resistance of your coil (with SS, Ni, Ti but not so much with kanthal). So in TCM, the mod dials back the power to keep the temperature/resistance in check. In PWM, you keep applying the power, the heat keeps increasing and eventually your cotton will burn.
At around 200-220C, your cotton won’t burn immediately and that’s why you don’t get any dry hits. You can just redrip and continue to vape on the same wick.

1 Like

At least that’s the idea… different companies have different ways to implement this (I’m no expert in what which company does). Some pulse, some dial the power to a constant to keep the same resistance and I’m sure there are other ways I don’t know of. I don’t need to go in deep technical detail to get the idea across I hope.

1 Like

Roger that @anon28032772

2 Likes

I think, by ONLY using tank setups, I’ve avoided the whole, “My cotton’s on fire” thing, so maybe that part I just skated by. I’ve had some dry-ER hits, but mostly due to overpacking the deck, but I see the safety aspect in regards to burning the cotton up now.

2 Likes

From what I understand, the Replay is much more than regular temperature control. They’re monitoring many more variables than just the resistance of the wire. It’s like next-level TC and even better than what we’ve got right now. I’m curious to see the first reviews!

Maybe I just have to buy myself another mod this year :slight_smile:
(but I’m still going to wait for a good deal)

1 Like