Pazzo FlavourArts new line

Will be buying that Cannoli one asap. I’ve been hoping FA made one and while this isn’t exactly what I expected, it certainly intrigues me. I’m sure that one will need a little steep before you can give us a fair assessment.
Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see your experience with them as a SNV/a couple days steep/a week/two weeks/a month to see how the steep progresses. I’ve had one shots that were as good after a few hours as after 3 weeks, so would be interesting if FA one shots would good right of the bat too. Do you know anything about pricing too?

2 Likes

I have no insight on the price point they will be retailed at. I do know Richard Hong has said the Pazzo line will be hitting Select Venders inventory within 2 weeks. And should be available by the end of February

3 Likes

Testing: Ace (Pazzo) (FA) on the shake, 7days & 14 days of maturation

Setup: Tested on Cigreen single coil RDA at .5 oHm resistance.
Aromamizer Supreme RDTA dual coil at .28 oHm resistance.

Flavor Description: Tropical Fruit mixture, Consisting of but not limited to Melon, Kiwi, Orange, PineApple, CoConut & Banana.
On the shake very nice & well balanced, No Banana flavor distinguishable.
After one week maturation the CoConut fades & Pineapple becomes more pronounced, so does the citrus bite.
Nice concentrate, a Tropical Fruit flavoring that would shine with the add in of CoConut +/or Banana
Off-flavors: Not really, but it’s maybe a touch sweeter than you’d expect for something so zest-heavy.
Throat Hit: Light, totally manageable for citrus.
Uses & Pairings: This is 95% of the way to a one-shot. Flavor is really impressive. Adding a Coconut, Banana or Cream would push it to the next level.
Notes:
Fairly strong stuff, my tester was mixed at 5% and gives you about all you could ask for. Does lose some of concentrates original creaminess over time. Many will find it to be delicious as it is.

9 Likes

Testing: King (Pazzo) (FA) on the shake, 7days & 14 days of maturation

Flavor Description: Black Currant Candy, light sugary taste with no floral notes.
Very nice right off the shake. No bite, which normally is the case with Black Currant.
This concentrate has a pleasant Creamy back note.
Inhale is sweet. Dark Berry type of flavor that isn’t Jammy. Nice mouthfeel without being overtly creamy or dense. Exhale has that same dark berry note but with a really nice tart top note. The sweetness tends to grow and the end result is a mouthfeel ends up being pretty much a gummy kind of flavor.
Off-flavors: For some Black Currant is a little bit weird, but in a good way. You can’t really compare this concentrate with any other Dark Berry.
Throat Hit: None, the most minimal of the harshness on the exhale.
Uses & Pairings: Could be used in just about any fruit mixes to add a unique top notes, sweetness, and darker depth. Good complement for darker berries and a good counterpoint for brighter fruits.
Notes:
My tester was mixed at 4% as recommended by the manufacturer. That seems to be the perfect percentage a standalone. Does not lose any of concentrates original creaminess over time. Many will find it to be delicious as a single flavor mix.

11 Likes

Testing: Queen (Pazzo) (FA) on the shake, 7days & 14 days of maturation

Flavor description: Redberry fruit combination of a variety of Berry flavors.
Of the FA Pazzo line this is the most unique concentrate.
Hard to describe, Candied, Sweet, Fruit flavor. But I am unable to tell exactly what the fruit flavor is?
Very pleasant and could easily work as a standalone
Off-flavors: None at 7% this is a most appealing flavor
Uses: Could be used to sweeten or enhance other fruits to create a unique flavor profile. Excellent as a standalone.
Pairings: Creams, other Fruits, Desserts & Bakery profiles.
Notes: With being able to definitively say what the Red Berry taste is? I can say this is a must try from FlavourArt. You won’t be disappointed.

10 Likes

Testing: Jack (Pazzo) (FA) on the shake, 7days & 14 days of maturation

Flavor Description: Similar to a mild Candied ripe strawberry essence. Strawberry Candy, Bold & Sweeet strawberry flavor.
Note worthy is does not appear to have any flavor fading issues.

Off-flavors: None, Pretty much straight forward Strawberry Candy.
Throat Hit: No more harshness than any other comparable Strawberry concentrate. Leans more toward a candy type fruit profile.

Uses & Pairings: This would be excellent when matched with a cream or custard. Personally, I love it just the way it is as a single flavor mix.
Notes: Mixed at the manufacturer recommended percentage of 8%. Strawberry concentrates can be subjective flavors. I recommend always single flavor testing so that you can see if they will fit your taste palate.

11 Likes

Testing: Joker (Pazzo) (FA) on the shake, 7days & 14 days of maturation

Flavor Description: Cannoli, Delicious Dessert pastry with cream filling. Subtle rich cinnamon undertone. After two weeks of maturation the Bakery type Cinnamon fades and the Creamy Pastry becomes prominent.
Great concentrate, Dessert flavor that is excellent as a standalone or could be used to enhance a simple Fruit recipe.
Off-flavors: None, Pretty much exactly what you would expect from a Bakery/Dessert type profile.
Throat Hit: None
Uses & Pairings: Excellent as a one-shot. Flavor is wonderful. Adding a Coconut, Banana or Fruit could make your next mix delightful.
Notes:
My tester was mixed at 6% as recommended by the manufacturer. I feel this is the perfect percentage as a single flavor. Does lose some of the rich Cinnamon taste after a period maturation. But the concentrates creaminess enhances over time. Many will find it to be delicious as a one shot.

12 Likes

Thanks for these Mark :ok_hand::tada:

3 Likes

Yes, thanks Mark.
Really want to try King, sound right up my street.

3 Likes

Thanks @Mark_Turner
Much appreciated!
Wonder if these will be available in the UK?

4 Likes

I hope so - that Joker has my name all over it (and not just because I’m so incredibly hilarious :nerd_face:) :laughing:

6 Likes

I can’t imagine why they would not be available in the UK. You guys get everything from FA across the pond. We can’t get FA Premium Custard in the States :grinning::+1:

6 Likes

Thank you @Mark_Turner

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, I look forward to getting these from Chef’s Flavours.

3 Likes

Is it just me? Besides the Joker and Ace, these one shots seem fairly close to just regular flavors from FA and less like pre-mixed recipes.
From this review, I think I’d like to try the Ace and just maybe the Joker but I can’t say I’m too impressed with the others, solely based on what I read here. Really curious what the pricing is going to be like and if the final product will come in FA’s usual 10ml bottles or the presented 30mls like you have here.

4 Likes

No I agree, The Pazzo line is nice. But I definitely won’t jump on the Hype Train.
Queen is the only Concentrate that stood out as unique +/or intriguing to me.
I think for New to DIY Mixers the Pazzo line will be of more interest.
Or someone that just wants a quick & simple mix that’s tasty :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks for the review…!

2 Likes

Actually Mark, you can get FA Premium Custard here:

https://www.diyvaporsupply.com/custard-premium-fa/

7 Likes

Wow! Thank you, I did not realize that :rocket:

3 Likes