Petition to end FDA unfair regulation of e-cigarette industry

Please take the time to sign this petition. Spread this around to all your friends too if you would and ask them to do the same with their friends. Let’s get this thing signed by thousands!

7 Likes

Signed and shared. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Do I need to be a USA citizen?

I think it’s probably best, yes, considering this is a law affecting US Citizens and an appeal to the POTUS elect. But I don’t think it’s a requirement.

Done, Rob! You did great on putting this together, :wave:

1 Like

Signed and shared with family and friends. Thanks.

1 Like

Done anyway - will support you guys on an international level :blush:

4 Likes

Well alrighty then! Thanks Lolly!

1 Like

Thanks, but I can’t take the credit. Had a ton of help and with that I thank those who weighed in. If you see typos, grammatical or spelling errors please understand I’ve had to do this with divided attention. I don’t think there’s anything major but I wouldn’t be surprised to find errors that would make an English teacher cringe :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took notice! It’s really nice that many people jumped in on this together. It’s a great job to everybody over-all and it’s a good thing that there are many proactive/helpful people within the community! You along with all who gave input did very well on this. Hopefully this message is considered when it reaches to congress/president elect :clap:

1 Like

Got some non vapers signing as well. :+1:

3 Likes

I’m pretty anal about grammar and didn’t pick up a thing wrong! :+1:

2 Likes

Has any person / persons / organisations written a set of regulations that make sense and put them out there?

I mean, its obvious vaping needs some form of regulation, im talking about silly marketing towards kids, lack of any real guidance on safety etc

The vaping community might actually do well writing down what they feel would be fair and benficial regulations to the longevity of vaping as a whole / as a business and submitting that.

I signed it as well as a non US citizen just because i wanted to support you and vapers in the US

4 Likes

I don’t know but I agree, if our industry leaders can put forth some solid, common sense suggestions for GOOD regulations, it would probably help a lot. I think the main idea is to divorce it all from the tobacco designation and put it in it’s own new category because it’s not a food or alcohol either. It’s a brand new uncategorized product. Maybe the USDA should handle it? Nicotine is a drug in higher concentrations but it also occurs naturally in food. Maybe the nicotine by itself could be FDA regulated? Not that I like the idea, I just don’t see a viable argument against it. Our devices, PG/VG and flavors are clearly not drugs or tobacco in any way though, that’s what so insane about the current regs.

2 Likes

Unfortunately most of the Nicotine we use comes from Tobacco plants, therefore we lose that part of the argument, i havent checked but how long have you been able to buy nicotine liquid and what was its purpose?

If you omit the Nicotine which you can do what are you left with? Handheld smoke machines? Shisha?

What brought about the regulations, a petition against vaping?

Bingo. I’m sure we’d all like it if there were no regs on nicotine but the rest…it should all be completely unregulated. There are already uses for batteries, there are devices that generate wattage, flavors and other components of liquids are already established within industry and private use, and the rest, well that’s just ridiculous. Nicotine is the ONLY component to vaping that could reasonably be regulated and it should be to the extent children cannot purchase it.

1 Like

Liquid nicotine is used in pesticides. I could google to see if there are other uses but that’s the one I know about.

3 Likes

It’s already regulated, you cannot purchase it unless you’re 18 or 21 depending on state/country laws. For online deliveries is must be signed for on delivery. Nicotine is classified as a stimulant in the same vein as caffeine although it can be toxic in high doses. There’s numerous reports supporting vaping but what it boils down to is the tobacco industry losing billions in lost sales, which in turn is lost revenue from tax. The WHO in their latest Framework Convention on Tobacco Control in India are recommending a total ban on vaping and they continue to ignore all the evidence supporting vaping as the best option for smoking cessation.
I’ve also signed and shared. Good work, SthrnMixer. Let’s hope it gets some results. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Not an American, but I signed it anyway. I used the comment area to point out that the Royal College of Physicians in the UK were among the first to shout from the rooftop that smoking will kill you - now they’re saying that vaping is far safer. Hope no Americans mind me putting in my 2 cents!

Now that I’m thinking about it, I probably should have mentioned the HESA report as well - a bunch of suggestions regarding legislating vaping in Canada.

4 Likes