PG Free Base

Where can I get this and is there a brand name. I am developing a sensitivity to pg and am thinking this might help. Thanks

Amy, have you tried pEg400? I’ve seen some references to people using successfully that are PG sensitive.

1 Like

No I always wanted to. I can’t remember what I heard about it now there was a reason ppl stopped using it ??

@VaporJay I didn’t put up the post but it’s coming soon the website hasn’t gone live yet. I need it too.

I would be interested to know more about this vs VG/PG. Since it is fermentation of the corn’s sugar glucose into lactic acid, which is just one chemical step away from polypropylene glycol. I’m wondering if those with certain PG allergies would still have issues? Then there’s the whole corn/sugar debate and it being horribly bad for our systems. Sounds interesting though

1 Like

I have been watching to see what this is all about too. Seems a bit odd.

2 Likes

I have no idea how good for us it will be. What we’re currently using vs the corn based.

1 Like

I may just have a thing against corn too :wink: Soy and palm being what we are using but who knows right :slight_smile:

1 Like

well lets see what happens when the site goes live… just ordred another gal of vg so ill be set for awhile anyway… have to leave it to the experts to test it… hopefully its been tested with those sensitive to pg as it advertises that as being one of the reasons behind its creation… i also hear of other stuff being used asides pg, but those formulas are highly expensive

1 Like

Yes some soy & palm which are mostly high in triglycerides this is known as bad for us ( not necessarily in this setting -inhalation vs consumption yes we know a diet high in triglycerides is bad. ) so altogether we will have to see some tests to make a better educated opinion regarding corn vs soy & palm.

I am not trying to pick at your statements lol but you know as well as I do none of this is regulated at this time.

1 Like

Oh I wasn’t defending anything? Everything we inhale is “bad” for us? Only air is what should be in our lungs,(and that’s not even good these days) so I’m not sure where the disconnect came from? :slight_smile:
I’m not supporting one thing over another, I was only talking about PG allergies?
Finding out the lesser of all evils would be great!

Maybe I implied something else that I didn’t mean to?

1 Like

No you didn’t , I just was thinking am I picking his statement apart I didn’t intend to :wink: We’re pretty much in alignment… as usual.

It’s all good.

1 Like

It was early when I read your reply, so I was confused hehe :wink:

1 Like

Hi everyone, this is Evan with Liquid Labs. We are the creator and sole distributor of VaporBase 100% natural, PG-free, premixed base liquid.

I saw some traffic coming into our site from this thread so I thought I’d pop in and answer whatever questions you might have.

So far it looks like people want to know more about our pricing and this corn-based Glycol we’re using.

First of all, I’ve attached our full price guide to this post for you to look over. Pricing can be found on each product page on our site at www.liquidlabs.us/shop-now also.

As for the Glycol we’re using, it’s very similar to Propylene Glycol, but it’s derived from corn instead of petroleum. There are no traces of corn DNA in the final product. Allergen tests have been performed by a 3rd party lab and can be found here: www.liquidlabs.us/test-results

Our Glycol is labeled as 1,3-Propanediol, whereas PG is 1,2-Propanediol. 1,3-PDO does a great job of enhancing and carrying flavor concentrates, and we find it to be smoother than PG when vaped.

If you have any other questions just post up and I’ll make sure to reply.

I did not get it from Liquid Labs but I have some sample in of what they are mixing with. We are looking in to everything and I hope to be able to tell you more soon. I will say this. Pretty promising after the first day.

3 Likes

That’s super nice Walt for you guys to get involved your a voice we can trust ! I’d love to hear your thoughts on this blend.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Liquid Labs

I have been trying to research more details about PDO and have found some information regarding PG free alternatives and thought this information may help.
@wvsanta maybe something like Triethyl Citrate -TEC or Triacetin -TRI would work and be more economical than PDO.I found some links on reddit and found where @A_B_Dada has worked with PDO ,TEC ,TRI solvent carriers for over the past year.Hopefully he can help you and others with PG sensitivity issues find something that works.I don’t have any PG issues yet , I just discovered this while trying to research more about PDO and it’s qualities.
A couple of links that may help.

3 Likes

This looks like it could have some great benifits. I personally do not add any more pg than what is in my flavors and nic. Zemea is produced from corn and can be used as a carrier for flavors and nicotine.
Would love to see a Flavor company start using this, and nicotine too. I believe 5 pawns is now using this in their e-liquid.
http://www.duponttateandlyle.com/sites/default/files/Zemea(R)%20USP-FCC%20-%20Food%20and%20Flavor%20Presentation_V3_July2016_0.pdf

1 Like

Hey, bud. We have a few threads on this so im going to merge this one to an earlier thread that has some information in it. There has been quite a bit of testing done by folks on the forums, hope you find it useful.

EDIT: @James35 I forgot to mention, it goes by PDO now, we called it something else early on but i forgot what that was. So run you a search on PDO and you will find some great information on it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks ken!

1 Like