PG-free Recipe Depository

Amoretti has 25 % off savory and spice extracts right now til 7/28/17 No Promo Code needed every little bit helps and the bottles are larger roughly 60 mls for the smallest size.

https://amoretti.com/collections/extracts/savory-spice?utm_source=Main+Amoretti+Newsletter+List&utm_campaign=55feb28fd0-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_07_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1ee84dc60d-55feb28fd0-146708733&mc_cid=55feb28fd0&mc_eid=673933228f

2 Likes

Thank you! I wish I was in flavor acquisition mode :frowning: Iā€™ll build a wishlist and hope they have some discounts running when Iā€™m ready to pull the trigger.

1 Like

They use ultra distilled Penta water. (6 or 10%) Which is outrageously expensive. I think itā€™s meant for lab work. Thanks fir all the tips!

1 Like

You can make your own penta water for pennies a gallon! I just looked at there water report itā€™s basically R.O. Water.

2 Likes

Deionized water would be even a step above r.o. U may be able to find a source of it from a good aquarium store. A real good pet store may have it, but an aquarium specific store would have a better chance of having it

1 Like

deionization is mainly used for removing salt from water, if you have a good R.O. Set up itā€™s not only not required but a waste of money.

I used to keep a reef tank, and the consensus in that trade was that adding a deionizer to your r.o system would remove all metals and minerals from the water. The r.o alone would remove near all of them

very well you can believe that if you would like. But I do know that I am a plumber with a water quality background.

I rewrote this several times so it wouldnā€™t come out curt, if it still is I apologize.

I donā€™t mean any disrespect. I was only sharing what Iā€™ve heard/read. Iā€™ve never actually owned 1, though Iā€™ve seen where the di water is available. I just thought w/it being used for vaping, youā€™d want the absolute cleanest product possible, especially if u could source it w/o buying the equipment yourself

For a minute it got me, then I remembered all the people that buy bottled water that is litaraly tap water and realized that people donā€™t do research they just usually believe the marketing hype, it just bothers me to se people taken advantage of.

Iā€™ve actually done a bit of research on the subject and Iā€™ve read enough to know that for the sensitive organisms in that sort of system (reef tank), it does make a difference, even if marginal. It just happens to pull out some of the things that those creatures are sensitive to

Micron filtration, required to make R.O. Membranes last a reasonable length of time.

R.O. Filtration, should remove just about everything litaraly down to a few ppm.

Deionization: used for removing positive and negative charged ions.

U.V. Light: kills bacteria, but it has to be exposed for a considerable length of time, most systems do not allow enough exposure time.

Ozination: kills bacteria, not heathy for you.

That is a screenshot of there processing from there water quality report.

Here is another tidbit that most people donā€™t know, bottled water is required to be tested for contamination once every 24 hours, tap water is required to be tested once per hour.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a list of some of the things that are claimed to be removed from deionization. The magnesium, nitrates, chlorides, ironā€¦ are all harmful to corals and other invertebrates. Thatā€™s all I was basing my comments on before.

Those are both water softener resins

Water softeners work thru ion exchange.

Give this a quick read please.

1 Like

I did, and thank uā€¦I believe this method is the one that Iā€™m more referring toā€¦

Did you see where R.O. Is a form of deionization? What I am getting at is unless you are in a lab setting where you need pure water then there is no need for anything more than a good R.O. System. Every thing else is litaraly washing money down the drain, like I said most of what is put out on water is pure marketing. Nothing more.

2 Likes

Water world!

Haha! Yes! Thanks for all the infos!

1 Like