PG storage

yes , storing in a fridge is fine and will keep your flaves for an extra extended period of time , i do suggest a dedicated mini fridge so you can keep the fridge set at the warmest setting which in my case is apprx 49degrees F , some flavors do crystalize only teo of mine do the rest are fine and i have had zero separation issues , @woftam @Walt_RealFlavors are two people that come to mind that also suggest use of fridge however there are many more , ive always thought room temp to be 68 degrees or so , what i have heard is to keep flaves in a cool dark place and whats better than a fridge to keep things cool and dark , im not saying you have to keep in fridge but i do completely disagree with the statement. that storing in a fridge isnt a good idea ime its a great idea :wink:

3 Likes

I suppose as with everything, if you go by different information sources, you get different answers.

''Basically, what my flavor manufacturer tells me is that the flavors have a “best used
by” life of at least nine months and often much longer, when they are not continuously
opened and are stored in glass. It is not necessary to store them in the refrigerator, but I
don’t think that this would hurt them. But sometimes refrigeration can cause recrystallization of flavors that have a lot of the crystals like ethyl maltol in them. ‘’

So from this source, straight from a vendor, it doesn’t really hurt to put flavors in the fridge, but it is definitely not necessary either. Room temperature (or what they say, a cool dark place) is fine and is not “horrible advice” like you said. I did suggest to keep the flavors “cool”, e.g. a cooled wine rack, because heat (i.e. above room temperature) will affect nearly everything.

2 Likes

im not going to argue , your statement was different before and that original statement is horrible advise period thats my opinion and the FACT is that storing in a fridge is completely fine as i said this advise is wrong

2 Likes

@Adam89 I read a lot of the posts, and I don’t think I saw anyone mention this. ALWAYS break down LARGE containers. PG/VG/NIC, doesn’t matter. Every time you open it, you’re introducing more and more air each time. In the BIG containers, as you use product, MORE air space is in the container, making it worse.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I never store PG/VG (unless unopened from manufacturer) in anything larger than 1L. I fill to the TOP (leaving no air space, except maybe 1/4") and keep them in a dark closet. NIC, I break down into 60ml-120ml bottles, fill to the TOP, and freeze.

Never a bad idea to break down into smaller bottles, so that way whatever you’re using, you only open/close the smaller bottles.

3 Likes