Pharmaceutical grade... Crucial?

Hey all I was wondering since I’m making my own juice, if important Is it to make it from pharmaceutical grade vg pg… I do use food grade USP grade but thought maybe IT’S neccessary to get it also in pharmaceutical grade.
Love to her some opinions
Thanks

2 Likes

Well, the cleanest you can buy is generally better however as soon as you open the container in an environment that is not a clean room it is no longer pharmaceutical grade.

8 Likes

I didn’t know VG was even available in pharmaceutical grade. My supplier just says 99.7% USP Kosher.

3 Likes

Yea Delosi has it…

2 Likes

Come to think of it I’m pretty sure USP means pharmaceutical grade. I could be wrong tho.

5 Likes

United States Pharmacopeia

9 Likes

USP Verified Mark. When you see the Mark, it means the supplement: Contains the ingredients listed on the label, in the declared strength and amounts.

Then you have grades on top of that certification.

4 Likes

thank you!

2 Likes

Outstanding point @woftam.

5 Likes

When I asked my pharmacist about the difference of food grade and USP …he said USP is a bit cleaner as its used in makeing like cough medicine…and other things also in inhalers …food grade is like 99,3% an USP is 99.7% an up…but h said there is no real difference in the way i wanted to use it in vape…

2 Likes

As far as I understood it there’s food grade and pharma grade and both can be usp or not.
I vape food grade but it is usp.
But I’m happy to hear that there’s no real difference.

1 Like

I was curious also. At a glance looks like it’s only the water contents

So unless your doing professional cloud tricks or using all 3 VG-PG-NIC at pharma grade just to try if you like it better.

I’m all for choices, there might be other sellers, but this vendor caught my attention when I saw this months ago. It was different from everything else I saw.

Delosi® Labs Vegetable Glycerin is the highest quality available with a water content of only 0.03-0.05%. It is the thickest, purest, un-diluted VG on the market and has the consistency of cold honey or molasses. Simply put, thick VG makes thick clouds; water makes steam.

1 Like

Ok so I have only been making my own e juice for a few weeks, got the USP variety of AG (VG with added water), probably not from a reputable dealer but from ebay or amazon, cant remember which.

But now when I vape on my substandard 0.5 ohm stick, Vapefly Tornado, I get a sort of burning in my throat.

I tried just the AG, as I read you can just vape VG, so figured I could vape VG with water in :-), but this was the same :frowning: I was putting it down to my Nicotine content at first.

Could it be possible that the AG is rubbish and causing this throat burn.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have tried searching the forum, and google, but no simple answer lol.

Happy for a link to a post if already been asked and I cant find it.

Carlton

1 Like

How much water?

Just a guess here…
Heated water produces Steam. Steam Burns

Never was into adding water, but Ive seen people say no more than 4-5% water.

1 Like

AG is not for e-juice. it’s more for mixing home made CBD vape stuff and i’m definitely not going into that one. Best to stick to good 'ole VG and PG

And as it was previously mentioned, parhma grade becomes food grade once opened outside of an iso3 or better clean room

3 Likes

Nice thanks

1 Like

Oh, I first got Aquarius gliserine from a well know e cig company, not sure I’m allowed to say which one but had a wicked devil as it logo lol, and this was mixed with flavour and nicotine 72mg, for a ego c type ecig ??, for my wife.

PG makes me choke or more cough a lot and pure vg is too thick by far for my little 0.5 sub ohm and clogs up really fast.

I have seen on here and elsewhere people adding up to 20% distilled water to their vg to make it thinner?? My ag comes with 10% distilled water ?? . I have added a bit more, bringing it to about 15% and this seems to have improved the burn taste ?

I still get a good cloud, no cloud chasing lol, but well more than the wife’s aspire k2 lol

So as you can imagine I’m now even more confused lol

I make it about 6mg strength?

Carlton

1 Like

I had no idea there was different levels of USP. I so they were all us pharmaceutical grade

1 Like

Yeah just make sure even if it’s food grade that it’s usp or ep there’s also another standard but I forget

1 Like

I ordered before with them. Im happy.

Just never tried their PG VG or Nic.

Been fending off trying it, been dieing too… Im sure it will be cool, very excited to try it. Even if opening it means dust contaminates the 99.9% purity

1 Like