Photo Bugs Show off Your Fun Stuff - It's Friday!

Hey guys, I got a new lens. It needs a stabilizer so these images aren’t as crisp as I would like them to be but once I have the stabilizer, it will be really cool. It was cheap, only $150.00.

The Water Tower is 4 miles away, The Bunny is in the neighbors yard. The bird is in the tree in the back yard

. The moon… well the moon is really really far away!

Everyone please show off some cool pictures you took!

21 Likes

Wow that is a great bit of kit. Look south I am waving can you see me down here I may look upside down. :laughing:

6 Likes

That lens also has a 2x coupler I haven’t dared try to use yet. I will be able to see you and an alien picking up rocks on the moon. Hi! I see you!

4 Likes

Wowowowowow! Totally awesome :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Thanks Lolly! I’ve been wanting to buy a lens like that for years, I just couldn’t financially justify it. The auto focus ones (That do all the work for you) are well over $1000.00… but I could justify $150.00. Photographers had to use manual focus lenses to take any picture until about 15-20 years ago. I figured I could stop being lazy and use one for a change lol.

4 Likes

Shot with nikon 105mm macro lens on nikon d90

11 Likes

10 Likes

If anyone has a spare or unused digital dslr body, I would highly recommend having it converted to near-infrared.
It will change how the camera records light and color, producing very interesting results.
And with very simple changes in the channel mixer in photoshop, you can false-swap colors to produce interesting effects to sky/skin tones.
I will post a comparison between as-recorded, and false-swapped a bit later.
https://www.lifepixel.com

2 Likes

Autofocus is great for certain things, but manual is where it’s at!

2 Likes

Oh, dear…

…never leave your equipment on the ground… nature can take over in a heart beat! :rofl:

9 Likes

I feel like a mid-century housewife who just got a dishwasher for her birthday. Can’t wait to throw those dirty tanks and decks in there…Yay!

5 Likes

as recorded with converted dslr:

“false-swap” in channel mixer in photoshop:

9 Likes

I love 1. The color of the sky.

2 Likes

@sirgalvid1 have any more photos of your miniatures?

1 Like

My best boy

6 Likes

Taken with my Canon EOS 700D through a wire fence using a sigma zoom…can’t remember which one…

8 Likes

And I thought I was cool getting the ones I have of a hummingbird on the sego next door. I have to get the memory card out of the case and frankly I’m jus too lazy right now. lol those are friggin amazing.

I love pics people do of any kind of wildlife or birds and stuff

4 Likes

I had never seen a hummingbird irl until last year. They are amazing :+1:

A couple of pics from me taken with a Canon 1Dmk2 and a Canon 70-200
The car is a Buick 57 and the dog is a Rottweiler i had.

8 Likes

A couple I took w/my cannon

7 Likes