PLEASE send your broken mod to me!

Ok… Part 1 of Issue #1 of what I’ve lovingly coined Coroner’s Corner (the what I hope to be… series of articles, primarily as a direct result of this thread) has been served:

I hope that it proves to be not only enlightening (as reading material), but perhaps can benefit not only the community, but the manufacturing process itself.

I hope to have “Coroner’s Corner” be an affirmation and “atta-boy!” on things done well, as well as a spotlight on areas that need improvement. All with the hopes of improving the level of understanding (for those who are curious about such) of what goes into these little technological marvels of being an aid in ending tobacco dependence!

I hope that I do your support, and donations justice.

Again, I appreciate everyone’s help and support, which are making it possible!

5 Likes

Dang it… I keep forgetting to send you my dead guys! I’ll get on that…lol

4 Likes

You’re not talking about me are you ? :laughing:

9 Likes

You’ve been absent without leave my good man!
Don’t let it happen again. Search parties were being formed… :wink:

8 Likes

!!?? Tell us you haven’t been doing any “Pre-Mortems” :zipper_mouth_face::grin:

4 Likes

Oh god no…:joy: I mean I might take a peek under the hood but only if it’s already dead.

That sounds awful…

4 Likes

What about a broken mage gta atty @Sprkslfly ? We had it for a month or so and all the sudden it shorted. The other one we have still works! Weird!

Not sure there’s much to be done for most atties aside from possibly replacing the plastic/delrin/ etc (inserts)…

But, I’m always game to have a look and see what’s up (or what went wrong)!

You have the temporary (recovery) address yes?
If not, give me a holler!

1 Like

A few shout outs and thank you’s (some being well overdue):

@Silhouette
I’m fairly sure I said thank you previously, but I wanted to make sure… :wink:

@juice_junkie_lover
Wow brother. A nice little smorgasbord of a surprise package! The (what is becoming) the “obligatory Alien” :rofl: but also a couple other little BIB “tootle-puffers” that will be interesting to look into (once I figure out how to get into them without completely demolishing them…if I have that option). An extra special Thank you for the “above and beyond”. You’re another legend in ELR! :hugs:

@PathVape
Who sent yet another Alien, as well as an IPV 5.
I must say, I’m beyond impressed with the overall construction, and attention to detail, and use of quality electronics!! (When the time comes, the review on this will be short and simple, but I can’t say enough about the level of quality present in this particular device!!

4 Likes

I should receive the Vaptio wallcrawler won here in a few days, thks again @Vaptio_official, and will be doing a pre-mortem. It looks promising as my pocket mod but since its free,a mapping of the unfamiliar internals is mandatory.

3 Likes

So… Without getting myself in a mess (hopefully), I’ll call this post “Happy Campers”:

@Laura5
Everyone already knows I’m sure… Had an Alien happily return home (quite some time back now).

@VapeyMama has a Vaptio N1 Pro that will be happily returning home shortly!

@Dan_the_Man is another success story with his Sigelei Fuchai Pro! (soon to be returned!)

Thanks again to everyone who’s trusted me with not only their information, but their kindness in sending these devices to me to “have a look” at!
Especially cases like @PathVape, who I hadn’t really had much interaction with previously. I appreciate your faith, and I can’t say thank you enough in cases like yours (because most of the others mentioned thus far, “know me” fairly well, and are folks that I would consider friends, and would happily meet IRL).

I’m honored to be “allowed” to be “at your service”.
Sincerely,
Rob

12 Likes

I appreciate that. I’m glad you found the IPV5 interesting! my pleasure that it can be useful for you to play with it. If you can make it work I hope that you enjoy it or give it to someone who needs it. That would be a nice ending. If you can’t make it work at least you had the oportunity to go inside I maybe post your feedback of that device in the future.

Keep it up!

6 Likes

what is wrong with the ipv5?f I have one that I have dropped more times than I can count. Still vapin. Of course I have takin it aprt several times now. Glued a piece here, soldered a piece there.

1 Like

IIRC, Doesn’t respond to the Fire button being depressed. Haven’t had the chance to put a meter on it yet (to verify if it’s the button or something on the circuit)…there was also a little evidence of liquid having leaked at some point.

1 Like

I have a v g o d that has a little scratch on it do you want it.

10 Likes

I have opened and cleaned mine more times than I can remember. Of course my short term memory is shot, but I do remember remembering.

Dude, if you lived near me I would come over and hang out

1 Like

On the bus on my way to work and actually laughed out loud, head down the rest of the journey

5 Likes

:flushed: That liquid was there when I got it. That happens…:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

3 Likes