Polished Rx200s

Hello guys see I polished my whole rx200s and it goes really shiny then goes dark why is that … is there any way to stop it ??
what about this? : https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-7701830-Stops-12-Ounce-Crystal/dp/B0010NY95S/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1508703701&sr=1-1&keywords=Rust-Oleum+7701830+Stops+Rust+Spray+Paint%2C+12-Ounce%2C+Gloss+Crystal+Clear

u can clear coat but then u lose the fun of polishing. Not sure what u are using to polish but aluminum is lil diff then the copper and brass some compounds will continue to work on aluminum even after u wipe it and bring black to the surface.

2 Likes

I did this to mine too. The best product I could find was a clear acrylic - it went yellow & chipped off. I’m not familiar with it, but I think the product u’ve found will work much better. My mod is now bare metal, which is how its gunna stay. 3 +'s to that… no polishing, no finger prints, & although a bit drab, I consider it unique - hey, drab is the new cool!
I should say, mine is the older rx200 so made of zink alloy & its oxidized to a mid-gray kind of color - no clue what oxidized aluminum looks like

Most coatings that are durable enough will yellow. Others are hard to apply (aerosol). Try Minwax Wiping Poly. It’s super durable and self leveling so you just apply it with a cloth or (foam?) brush. I know it sounds impossible, but it’s great stuff and you can pick up at Hombre Depot or Lows. It’s thin so you can build up coats. and it’s durable as F. Be sure to degrease fully after polishing …some Acetone or Alcohol. Minwax Wiping Poly also is supposed to be less likely to yellow