Poll: What´s in your base? (Nic excluded)

• 100% PG
  • 100% VG
  • 50/50
  • mainly PG
  • mainly VG
  • other ( :beer: )

0 voters

I am curious what kind of base you use :sunglasses:

and will upload the results of a similar poll from a German vaping site when its finished there.

Please comment if you like.

Thanks for your votes!

PSPS: Be kind and let us know the ratios if you have time.

2 Likes

Really is there people that vape 100% pure pg liquid ?

2 Likes

Would be nice to see what ratios people vape though… mainly VG is anything from 50.1% VG all the way up to 99.9%VG
Even though I’m pretty sure most people vape 70/30

4 Likes

Yes, atm 5 (of 150) vapers voted for that option in Germany.

3 Likes

Mostly VG , 70% -80% I always add some PG even when using some all VG nets or Medicine Flower concentrates. I did try PG free for a brief time but wasn’t completely satisfied with the results.

4 Likes

Pepps may comment with ratios.
Did not want to make it too complicated.

And some use water as well…

2 Likes

Amen to that :smiley:

2 Likes

40%PG…any less and the flavors become muted to me at least using my equipment around 180W. Higher VG also radically shortens the life of my builds. I think if I was allergic to PG I’d try PEG200 or other substitutes, otherwise I’d stop vaping.

3 Likes

Are we talking nic base or finished product base? I would recommend editing the title of the thread.

5 Likes

No nic, thanks.
But Nic itself is only a small amount.

Talking Recipe calculator wise:
Desired PG/VG content.

2 Likes

Went back to 70%-VG and 25%-PG with a dash of PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol) 5%
After trying high VG.

3 Likes

Just jokin’ Bro! I’ve just been waiting to use this gif and hopefully you can take the joke… LMAO!

10 Likes

50% PG
40% VG
10% H2O

This is “traditional” base, here in Italy. H2O lowers the temperature at which e-liquid vaporizes.

4 Likes

Yes. I am an OG. Lol.

But yeah. My finished liquid is 30pg/70vg.

4 Likes

60vg/40pg finished product. Still can get to thick in the cold, I just deal with it.

15-20mg of pg nic…not always a small percentage @lambu

3 Likes

03-03-_2018_18-56-38

1 Like

I’ve been a 80/20 vg/pg man for a while, but since I’m not pg sensitive I started converting some mixes to 70/30 vg/pg. I noticed some N.E.T.'ers like a more balanced pg/vg ratio to help enhance tobacco flavors, so I stepped up my pg amount just a little hoping to increase flavor production a bit.

4 Likes

I do 60vg 40pg
My mixes dont require tons of flavor so it works better to have it thinner.

2 Likes

Cool. I havent played around with my ratio since I was using a single batt mech and a plume veil. Im not harshing that setup as I loved it. Ive carried it all over the planet and been 100% satisfied. Anyhoo, back then and now on my big lipo stuff ive found the need for higher pg. My hypothesis is its needed to thin out the juice to feed the (hemp anyway) wick at 60w+ powers. Have you recently upped your power or experienced this?

I just visited @worm1 in meatspace and he gave me a 20% VG mix of @woftams yumberry custard. Its got a flavor to it I know people wouldnt mix in. I say that mainly because Ive only had juice from a few folks hands, mostly mine over close to 6 years. So my vape is inbred. Anyway, custard always does it, high VG always does it. Im now thinking it is my equipment and builds probably scorching a component of the custard and/or VG. @Worm1 nearly flooded his mod dumping my juice it is so runny compared to the yumberry at the same temperature and I pour for 4 seconds. My visit has gotten me thinking… Sorry to ramble.

3 Likes