Predator 228 "Shorted "

Anyone solved the shorted coil fault on the Predator 228 without complete strip down and rebuild. Tried with a number of tanks which work on other mods so know it is a fault with the 228.

1 Like

Have you cleaned the 510 connector well?

2 Likes

If itā€™s like other Wismec/Joyetech products, then it might be that youā€™re bottoming out the positive pin in the 510(Happened on my VTC Mini with the Kanger SubTank and Zephyrus) Screw the atomizer a half turn out and try firing again. If it works, then use a spacer or mod guard under the atomizer to take up the space.
Iā€™ve made a few spacers from plastic gallon milk jugs and old gift cards. Just use a paper hole punch to make the hole for the 510, then using the atomizer as a guide, trace the diameter of the base then cut away the excess,

Hope this helps-Cheers!

7 Likes

Hey thatā€™s pretty smart!

2 Likes

Once in a while I come up with a small gem or two. I canā€™t claim the hole punch idea as my own, tho. Someone(I wish I had better memory. Damn drugsā€¦) over at /r/ecr turned me onto that little hack. It made diagnosing my VT75 a helluva lot easier, too. I made a ā€œgasketā€ out of some card stock to test my theory that it was a grounding issue that was making the VT75 not happy with the Aromamizer.

3 Likes

Hey it came from you as far as I am concerned, the trick is not to create everything but to remember what everyone else has created.

1 Like

TRUTH!!! Itā€™s amazing what one can pick up lurking around places.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, but no go. Predator 228 just rubbish.

2 Likes

Crap. Sorry about that. Iā€™ve lurked on a few vape-related boards, and it seems that Wismec/Joyetech and SMOK have REALLY been having some QC problems lately. A lot of vapers are getting good results with Smoant products-maybe give the Battlestar or the Charon a look?

2 Likes

Honestly if you want a bad ass mod get a @Whiterose0818

1 Like

Iā€™ve used the paper hole punch trick too. I have to use the shim with the STM, KFL+V2, and the Naut Mini, when I use them on the Evic Mini. It works excellent. The hole size is perfect. The shim actually ā€˜snapsā€™ on, over the threads, so it doesnā€™t fall off every time you take the tank off the mod.

3 Likes

@paingawd Thanks for the tip. I never thought to try that.

Quite welcome! Hereā€™s to hoping it helps solve the problem-Cheers!