Premixed Base, seems thin and not as tasty a

I used to buy 100ml pre mixed base and just take out 15% of base and add my flavour easy peasy. Since the new TPD came in I cannot buy 100ml. I went big and brought 1 litre of pre mixed 70/30 and added my 15x nicotine shots. The base is a lot thinner and doesn’t seem to vape as well as the 100ml base I used to buy. Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are your nicotine shots in pg?

If so you’ll be further diluting the base in addition to your flavourings.

5 Likes

Couple of questions, Did you change your source for the Blended Nic. Base (different vender)?
Have you contacted the vender you purchased it from? Because I feel that should be the first thing you do.
And when you say “doesn’t seem to vape as well”.
What exactly is it that you are experiencing?
Harshness, Off Taste, Weak Nicotine what makes it different for you?

5 Likes

Hi mark,

I brought the nicotine from grey haze in Nottingham. Spoke to them about what I was planning and they said there nicotine would be ideal for the mix I was looking to do. I brought my base from a website TMB. Checked there reviews and everyone seemed happy enough with the product. It just seems very dry hit. Not as much flavour so I tried a 20ml of flavour 80ml of mix and that blew my head with flavour. Also no way near the cloud I used to get from 100ml pre mixed :frowning:

2 Likes

Is it 70vg 30pg or vice versa what you describe sounds like a pg heavy mix

2 Likes

Yes It sounds like you have a high PG base you’re mixing with like @woftam mentioned above.
A 70PG/30VG blend would give you a very dry hit “harsh throat hit”. Would reduce your Vapor production. And PG is excellent as a flavor carrier, so you would notice a more pronounced flavor taste in the Eliquid. Just out of curiosity does your PG/VG base seem extremely thin? Are you experiencing any leaking or increased seepage from your Atty?

2 Likes

No leaking but it is extremely thin liquid! I was thinking of next trying a 50/50 mix next, very new to this DIY Liquid and a friend of mine has given me some aqueous glycerine would this help thicken the base liquid at all?

1 Like

this is the base and I added 15 x 20mg of nicotine

1 Like

Why not getting VG and PG separately and mix it yourself to the % you want it to have. That way you have full control over everything.

7 Likes

I would recommend using VG to thicken your base, AG is thinned out VG. Also as @Norseman stated above mixing your own VG/PG is a sure fire way to get the preferred base you desire. I really believe your container was mislabeled. Everything you have said indicates what you have is a 70PG/30VG base.

4 Likes

Did you add the Nic shots directly to the 1 Liter of VG/PG or did you mix a smnaller amount? How many ML’s of Nic and Base did you add? Is your Nic PG, VG or a mix of both?

I added 15 x 20mg nicotine. The base came ready to add the nicotine to make 1 litre of 3mg 70/30 base

m8, with this bottle, ehrm… it’s already 70v/30p
and assuming that your nic base is also the same and not including more pg than this:
add like 10% flavor and it’s already going to 60v/40p since (while high VG juices usually require some more flavor than 10% depending on concetrates) while flavors are pg based
any further dilution ( i don’t know what nic base you’re using) and pg will rock the place while most vendors usually add some DW (witch dilutes VG like PG*4 (this is not 100% accurate, but DW dilutes more than PG in overall)) in their bases wich means dilution % goes even higher and this explains why you see your juice being so thin…

if you want to make high vg juices for real, you should buy seperately VG and PG (the 0 ones) while if you are able even buy VG nic base too…

Hey Mohok Actually it’s not.

If you read on that can it says add 15x20mg Nic to make it a 3mg 70/30 base.
Meaning that the base without Nic is higher than 70/30 so the only dilution from 70/30 is the added flavors and nothing else.

read the bottle

1 Like

Pretty sure it is you

2 Likes