Printing Recipes

That’s the one I got. It was only about $16. I’m looking forward to my next mixing session. If you want to continue to help or anyone who can chime in, I have one question that comes to mind now. . . When I find a recipe on the site that I like and I use “copy as HTML” (the best way I’ve found to copy and print out a recipe), It only gives me the percentages column and does not give me “what you see is what you get” which would include the ml column. So, with only percentages, how do you figure out how much of each flavoring to put into say your 30 ml bottle? I really wish the software in the site would give me the mls. Even if it was a recipe giving amounts for a 15ml bottle, it would be easy just to double it. With it only giving the percentages, don’t you have to do math for each ingredient? for example 30 x .002 for 2%. ??? There’s got to be an easier way. Or am I the only one who wants to print out recipes rather than make them with my computer open to the recipe? Ya, I sound frustrated. Sorry. Maybe I should just make a chart on how much 2% is and how much 4% is in 30 ml bottles, ect.

2 Likes

I doubt you’re the only one who prints recipes, but you are probably in the minority. :wink: If you click the blue wrench, there’s an option to print and it includes all the information including notes and such. Will that work? The other suggestion I’d make is to take a screen shot. If you’re on a PC, I can’t help you with how to do that, but if you’re on a mac you just push command+shift+4 and draw a box around what you want to capture or command+shift+3 will capture the whole screen.

2 Likes

Ya, That’s what I’ve been doing is making a screen shot (Ctrl+Alt+Prt Sc), pasting it into a document, cropping it, and pasting it into the document I want to print. WAY too much work. I also use the “Copy as HTML” that doesn’t give me all of the columns, add a column and then enter the ml information in by hand, so I end up with what I would have had if it was What you see is what you get". oh… whatever. I guess I need to understand why it is important to make it the way they have it set up. I have asked about it before, but i’m still doing all that work just to get what I see on the screen if I want to make a recipe. I guess everyone else works off their computer screen??? Ya, I’m holoring. Thanks for your patience with me JoJo. I’ll figure it out and get comfortable with what I’ve got soon.

2 Likes

There is also just a print button, rather than copy text. I work off my phone. Good luck!

2 Likes

If you are on windows use the snipping tool that way you can select what you want to copy then hit print

2 Likes

Using the print option produces something like this:

4 Likes

I print all mine out and save as a hard copy but as others have said I click the blue wrench and then click on the word print and it fires my printer up and prints out a copy just like @daath posted a picture of above

2 Likes

Yes, I have used the snipping tool also. I found and have used it just recently with the installation of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. That helps a lot. At least I don’t have to crop the snapshot anymore, and I can just paste it right into my document containing recipes because it is the size I made it. I like the tables though, so what I’ve been doing is also using “copy as HTML” and I save the recipe both ways. The screen shot doesn’t give you living hyperlinks, i.e., to the Author of the recipe. I definitely want those so I can go back later and rate the juice or thank the author. Ya, I could do a search later, but i’d rather have those virtues to begin with as you would using the features given us.

2 Likes

I print mine too, but not to paper. I save to my Google Drive. If you download the Google Drive app and you use Chrome it’s quite simple. On your Google Drive create a Recipes folder. When you click print on your recipe, change your printer to Save As PDF (included with Chrome). Then click save and select your Recipes folder on your Google Drive. That way it’s in the cloud and protected and you don’t have to waste paper.

5 Likes

@arthyols Welcome to the forum. I still keep certain things on paper. Though I use a calendar app, I still use the paper “Day at a Time” planner. And I use LOTS of post it notes for jotting down some things.

3 Likes

I’m an old fart (according to my kids anyway) but am definitely useless with digital “stuff”. Quite often I read conversations on forums and literally I have absolutely no idea what’s being discussed.
Therefore if I see a recipe I’m interested in trying I take a screenshot and then write it in a old fashioned paper notebook, generally doctoring it to what concentrates I own and/or what I think might work.
Once I’ve tried it I’ll make comments underneath the recipe and if one hits the spot it gets transferred to another old fashioned notebook but in a neater hand.

There, I’ve admitted my digital deficiencies and actually feel better for doing so.

6 Likes

Yeah, I am an old fart too mate…

But I love tech so everything is digital for me. :smile:

5 Likes

I’m exactly the same as you mate and it’s the reason why I don’t use those spreadsheets and all of that Excel malarkey because I don’t bloody understand it lol. Put me in a room full of antiques which I love and I’m happy but anything too “modern” and I’m lost, maybe I’m just a dusty old antique myself left over from the last world haha. We have a saying in our house called “in with the old and out with the new”:crazy_face:

6 Likes