Private Recipe Sneak Peek (WIPs) Part 1

0.02% feels very low on cardamom. Is it what you meant?
I mixed http://tjek.nu/r/h4LM and it. Is nice but I fell like I need more cardamom, I am now wondering whether I need less in fact.

1 Like

Ok 1.5% cardamom would be totally unvapeable for me - I last used it in a mix at about .2 and it was super strong. Maybe I am cardamom sensitive

3 Likes

I mixed

after this discussion, with a sub from bano to banana shisha inw

It works, I can taste the Catalan cream burnt sugar better in this mix than ever.

Maybe I am mixing too high…

3 Likes

We all taste things differently, depending on set ups, medicines diet changes and more. Tickled that you guys are playing around and experimenting… showing that sometimes lower is better, sometimes it isn’t… I like to see how people play with the flavors, (not just with FLV) and take them from low to high or high to low… it can be a pretty cool idea. Sometimes I play with one recipe and take a few up high and a few down low and then flip it to see what would happen. I wouldn’t do it with rich cinnamon or smooth vanilla, vanilla bean, and a few others, as those do work with just a few drops… but the rest… :wink: Open season! Thanks @Ken_O_Where and @SuperFrog for tinkering… hope you guys had fun! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

In my case credit goes to the recipe creator. But, I’d be sieved if I wasn’t going to experiment with variants. Pineapple/peaches/apricot/fig will get the same treatment as they all will do fine with cinnamon and catalan.
My only problem is that flavour quantities are so low that a 30ml bottle is the lowest reasonable size and I don’t have so many 30ml :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the actual drink the cardamom is used as a light dusting on top and at .1% is is very very strong to me, so i figured go as low as my scale will weigh.

Mixed a couple more tonight:

Ran of out Vanilla Mint right in the middle of mixing it so i had to cut down to 4.85%, it was meant to be 6%. Still smells yummy tho.

In this mix im just looking for an apple to use with cranberry so it really just about exploring.

Finger taste aint too bad but i dont like the taste of Country Apple until it is cured for a few weeks.

9 Likes

that may be my problem with it , i havent let it sit long enough

2 Likes

The more i mess with this flavor (pur country apple) the more i realise) how strong it is. I started with 4% and it overpowered everything in a fritter recipe. 3% combined with maple created an anise type effect…2% other aspects of the profile were present but still it dominated. Im down to 1% now in a muffin man clone and while it is not so much dominating the cooked apple aspect is still to strong imo. I know this flavor will make or break a mix its just a matter of getting things balanced. Further testing will be at 0.5-0.75% perhaps combined with a more fleshy apple (i hear caps double apple accomplishes this) to tone down the overly sweet cooked aspect of pur golden apple.

4 Likes

Looks good. Im following. I havent been able to find the sweet spot for the cherries flavor.

1 Like

very early testing but i am determined , i cld guarantee this will need more cream and i wont stop until i nail ill keep you in the loop , i need to eat some of the real stuf again ( excuse to eat it )

2 Likes

I agree with you here, I tested it at 6%, 4%, 2% and 1% and first thought that this a very mild apple. Put it away and forgot about it, till I read this yesterday. It stood now a month as single flavor tester max VG. The higher testers I can’t vape its overpowering nearly eye watering apple. But even the 1% tester is on the edge. I don’t mostly mix Max VG but I sometimes like testing in only VG since it gives me a indication of how strong that flavor will be when I put it into my regular ratios. I think the recipe I was planning on making later will just start with 0.35% of the apple and then increased if needed.

I normally stick with Fuji Apple, INW two apples and/or Cap Double Apple. But wanted to explore some other ones as well, before jumping for the FLV Apple Filling lol. I don’t use FA Fuji apple above 3.5% because of the extreme floral note it gets, hard to mask even with heavier creams etc. I mostly use it around 1.5 - 3% and it seems the Pur Apple is even stronger than that. In general its a complete different apple tho lol. As always time will tell, but I’d love to hear your results after a bit more testing.

1 Like

Thats some good info @mixologist13, my experience with the flavor is little. I have used it in just a small handful of mixes going back to when it was called something else in the beta test. I think i test mixed it at 3% or 4%, i remember it being really sweet so i thought 2% might work with some cranberry but i think i till go ahead and mix another bottle around .75%.

Many thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Im on a " what can i make " with only FLV flavors i have i came up with this one off the mixer its nice but has a strong note , almost floral , im thinking it the Lembas Bread which should tone down since its only 4 drops in a 30ml bottle

7 Likes

WIP

I really hope this vanilla cream combo will work out. Kinda like a starter mix for a good cream base. This cream combo has potential to be flipped by subbing the caramel for your favorite top note… toffee, strawberry, blueberry.

6 Likes

Next up…

WIPs

4 Likes

i do enjoy but as everything i have, it needs work, did u see my '02 dakota?

4 Likes

I also came across this recipe… I hope it will make a good vape…

http://creamandsugar.ca/chocolate-caramel-peanut-butter-bar-recipe-no-bake/

2 cups graham crackers crumbs
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup + 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1-1/2 cups icing sugar
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
20 caramel candies
1 tablespoon cream
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1/3 cup roughly crushed and chopped roasted peanuts

My Rendition…

Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredient %
Beer Nuts (Flavorah) 0.30
Caramel (MF) 0.60
Dark Chocolate (MF) 0.50
Frosting (Flavorah) 0.30
Graham Cracker (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.25
Italian Cream (Hangsen) 0.50
Peanut Butter (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.40

Flavor total: 2.85%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

I was fortunate enough to have won the Grand Prize in the FlavourArt-North America 3Js recipe contest.
Which included a FA Mixology Kit & The entire line of Flavor Concentrates offered by FlavourArt. To say I am excited and overwhelmed with the win would be an understatement.

24 Likes

Well done Mark awesome achievement. Peach Buds was your winning entry ? (with no FA in it)

4 Likes

“keep your friends close and your ennemies even closer”:slight_smile:

1 Like