Private Recipe Sneak Peek (WIPs) Part 1

I’m sorry @Bogey_Again I don’t have enough experience with it to say with certainty. The ones in the know I’m aware of are @Kinnikinnick @Josephine_van_Rijn and @Pro_Vapes

1 Like

I am far from being an expert on these things, but to me it is less earthy and more floral/leafy.

1 Like

If you keep the percentage low, say under 3% and a good steep the floral note is not so much present, it is certainly a light tobacco. Maybe you could also add a little of FA’s oakwood for some added earthiness.

1 Like

or…

to simulate the stick in Orange Creamsicle

3 Likes

Oakwood makes me think of Chardonnay, so would you say it’s an American or French oakwood? :wink:

Seriously tho thank you for the information. I would also like a tobacco that tastes like a cigarette smells. (IF that makes any sense) What I’d like to make is creamy, white chocolate mint, with a hint of tobacco similar to this company.

1 Like

I’ve never had this one so I don’t know if it’s true to the name but you could try it out.

Here’s what I mixed up today. The Watermelon I used was a 10% in PG that’s been in my drawer for about 4 months, so it is pretty well steeped already (I used at 10% but put 1 in the recipe since that’s what it really is). Still, a good week or two will tell the tale as the flavors marry and the vanilla develops. I did try this and will have to resist the urge to vape it before it does steep because it’s really good. Juicy and a fresh taste.

Slippery When Wet (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Cactus (INAWERA) 0.25
Fuji Apple (FA) 1
Golden Pineapple (CAP) 5
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 1
Mad-Mix (Mad Fruit) (Red Bull) (FA) 1.5
Vanilla (MF) 0.7
Watermelon (Medine Flower) 1

Flavor total: 10.45%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

I’m looking for something refreshing and fruity, my rotation seems to be mainly creams and custards right now, this looks nice :+1: may be able to concoct something similar…what does the Mad Mix add?..I have nothing like that…

1 Like

I’m just getting started using the Mad Mix. It tastes like Red Bull energy drink if you know what that is like. It adds some mild tartness at this percentage and a punch to the fruit that’s hard to describe. That along with the cactus makes for an interesting twist. I couldn’t think of anything offhand that would be a good sub for it though.

2 Likes

On the list it goes…:wink::+1:

Yum. Orange razz Julius sound great. I think I got one more 15ml bottle availble to add a variant of this.
Maybe.

Toasted marshmallow tpa 1%
Oba oba FA 1.5
Orange cream tpa 3%
Dx sweet cream tpa 1.5%
Vanilla shisha INW 0.75%
Raspberry FA 0.5%
Lemon Sicily FA 0.2%
Manderine FA 0.4%
Sweet tangerine cap 3%.

Mixed 3 days ago. Tasting tonight out of morbid curiosity although I know it’s gonna need at least a couple weeks more steep…probably 3 more. Just thought I’d share this WIP and if anyone has suggestions I’m all ears. Pretty tasty but missing the pop I was hoping for.

Lord Voldemort (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Blood Orange (Raw) (Real Flavors) 1.25
Condensed Milk (Raw) (Real Flavors) 2
Cream Fresh (FA) 1
Dragonfruit (TPA) 6
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 3.5
Passion (Passionfruit) (FA) 0.8

Flavor total: 14.55%

2 Likes

I whipped up a couple more testers, besides my previous post. The finger tastes shows potential for these two…

WIPs

Mama's Apple Pie

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 2.5
Green Apple (MF) 1
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.8
Marshmallow (FA) 1
Pound Cake (Flavorah) 0.75
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.1

Flavor total: 6.15%

1 Like

Heading down the cocktail trail. Actually I’ve thought about a Mai Tai for a while. I think that’s probably the drunkest I have ever been when my wife and I went to freinds’ for a 4th of July party…maybe 15 years ago. I only remember drinking about 3 of them! Anyway, the flavor was soooo good and I wanted to try my hand at a juice. I did taste it and have to say that MF Pineapple keeps disappointing me. There’s something almost plasticky about it. And it’s not from lack of steeping because I’ve tasted this same odd taste a few times in well-steeped juices where this is used. FA Pineapple does me the same way though. In this quantity it’s not too bad and I can imagine it may dissipate some over the next few days. Overall though the juice isn’t that bad, but suggestions are welcome.

Mixer's Mai Tai (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Almond (FA) 0.4
Blood Orange (Raw) (Real Flavors) 1.2
Golden Pineapple (CAP) 3
Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) 0.3
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.75
Orange Citrus (Flavorah) 0.5
Pineapple (MF) 0.5

Flavor total: 6.65%

I call this one Sandy Crack because Sex on The Beach is just too artsy fartsy for me. Besides, what do you get from sex on the beach? That’s correct, a sandy crack. Anyway I’ve never had this drink but liked the look of the ingredients so whipped this together. Initial taste is very promising. Like the above recipe, suggestions are welcome!

Sandy Crack (SthrnMIxer Original)

Ingredient %
Blood Orange (Raw) (Real Flavors) 1.5
Cranberry (Flavorah) 1
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.5
Mandarin (MF) 0.8
Peach (MF) 0.8
Peach Gummy (Flavorah) 1.5

Flavor total: 6.1%

4 Likes

This drink I have had, but not for a long, long time. I had an uncle who let me try some of his when I was maybe 15. Not sure how this will go but I’m all giddy anyway :slight_smile:

Harvey Wallbanger (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Absinthe (TPA) 1.75
Anise (INAWERA) 1.25
Blood Orange (Raw) (Real Flavors) 1.5
Caramel (MF) 0.25
Ethyl Vanillin 10% (TPA) 0.75
Orange Citrus (Flavorah) 0.75
Vanilla (MF) 1

Flavor total: 7.25%

EDIT 9.7.16 - Mixed and tried. There are some flavors here that do need a decent steep to fully develop, the Vanilla (MF) probably the most. But I know these flavors pretty well and feel like I can anticipate what to expect. Thinking of eliminating the FLV Orange Citrus- too much citrus acidity flavor for an orange juice type. Thinking of adding either FA or MF Mandarin in the hopes it achieves a more juice-like profile. Any thoughts anyone?

Otherwise the Absinthe and Anise are working very well together and I have some high hopes for this one.

2 Likes

Ooo, looks interesting. I’m simply going to have to get some of that MF Chocolate.

1 Like

Dark Chocolate MF sent my 5 other Chocolates to the IMFs. I hear the White Chocolate MF is good as well. It’ll be on my next MF order.

2 Likes

That looks really good. Hey, you can get that chocolate (Oreo) cookie flavor from Real Flavors Cookies and Cream raw extract. I’m telling you that stuff is very good. Don’t let the name dissuade you. IMO at least it’s far more cookie than cream. That oreo cookie part is quite dominant and delicious.

4 Likes

I don’t have that one. I didn’t think to order it back when I made my 1st order. If this doesn’t work I’ll look into it. It’ll layer better than what I’m using.

1 Like

So an update on my PMS :joy:
I added marshmallow and fresh cream per @Grubby 's suggestion on another thread, and upped the strawberry just a smidge. I just mixed this batch up last night so it’ll need to steep to know for sure, but I’m vaping a tank of it right now and oh my, it’s so much better! That combo gives it a wonderful full mouth feel and adds kind of a softness to it. I think I might have to drop the Costa Rica special down a little bit still, but for now I’m much closer to where I’m trying to get with this.

6 Likes