Private Recipe Sneak Peek (WIPs) Part 1

Okay, I’ve played with this a bit. Based off of a Castle Long V2 by David, changed up the percentages a bit and used a little Real Flavors.
It has been a year (or 2 or 3) since I had tried the Castle Long Reserve, that I wanted to try again… I couldn’t vape the juices that used Coconut extra, this mix seems to taste nice right off the bat, and still is pretty smooth with only a day rest. If it holds up (and doesn’t mute out) I’ll make a larger batch, as it is… well hopefully someone might try this out and let me know what ya think.

Castle Long Tut
4.00% Kentucky Bourbon (TPA)
2.00% Toasted Almond (TPA)
2.00% Vanillin 10% (TPA)
1.50% Bourbon (Vanilla Bourbon) (FW)
1.50% Oak Wood (FA)
1.00% Acetyl Pyrazine 5%
1.00% Coconut (SC) (RF)
0.75% Brown Sugar (SC) (RF)

5 Likes

how is the SC RF coconut ??? i. always messing around with coconut specifically tpa coconut extra and cap coconut and cld never get it not to tatse like the smell of suntan lotion lol

1 Like

For me I’ve only played with coconut candy and coconut extra. I kept having a rough time with things tasting only of coconut when the extra was used… even tried dropping the percent down to 0.2% when the recipe called for 2.0% and I still could only taste coconut (not in a good way). Seems like I can use the SC RF Coconut and finally mix things calling for coconut and still taste the other ingredients… I like it.

4 Likes

bookmarked for later when I get more RF SC flavors on hand for an all RF SC adaptation. I could probably adapt it now as I have most of those flavors except for vanillin (I probably have something else with vanilla notes I could sub, and kentucky bourbon (I have RF SC Bourbon for that).

I like it but have only used it as a single flavor test so far at 1.5%. I have a few different recipes planned to use it in when I get back around to testing.

1 Like

I sub FA Madagaskar (Vanilla Classic) for Vanillin at same percentages.

2 Likes

Day 1… I have continually finger tasted this over the 1st day. It’s absolutely addictive. I loaded my Boreas today and gave it a try. I’m not really a SnV person, but this is tasting really phenomenal. It does seem it needs a bit more steeping though because I do get a slight sharpness that I feel will calm down in time, but this flavor combo is almost spot on. The topnotes are SB and Grape with citrus undertones. There’s a very slight tartness they I feel is nearly the same in the real Skittles. The sweetness and tartness is well balanced in this mix. I have a feeling that this mix will be my most flavorful creation when it is completed.

4 Likes

I have no grape flaves at all , could you recommend a couple , is MF your preference , i think a grape would be tough one byt it is one of the only fruits im missing

1 Like

Until my Grape MF purchase, I had no grape that I really liked. Although it is the most flavorful I’ve tried, it’s not as potent as some other MF flavors. IMO it’s very similar to Welch’s Grape.

Usage .5-1.2%

1 Like

that sounds good thank you

1 Like

I don’t have any mf at all how would you compare the strength of mf to rf sc.

Looking at the notes i would guess at 3 - 4 x as strong ?

Edit: just read a few more notes some look about the same strength ish

From what I have used I’d say MF is 2-3x more potent. Like most vendors I find MF usage does vary. Sometimes you only need 1 or 2 drops… others might be 1-1.2%, depending on the mix.

Cool thanks - i will try it at 2x and see where that gets me @ 3.6 % the strawberry must be quite strong - but I love me some skittles.

Just re read

The SB in this mix is SB SC RF. I prefer the SC SB over the MF.

1 Like

Ya my eyes deceived me i thought it was 3.6 % not 1.5 lol

1 Like

Just time chime in…I love mf. Right now just vaping pear mf. Simple fresh cream with a bit of marshmallow FA and it’s just yummy.

1 Like

I have the pear, but I haven’t used it but once. Care to share your recipe? I’d like to vape a good simple pear.

Turns out I have been vaping the below thinking of how to properly twist pear mf. Well, it turns out I twisted on my first mix. Lol. Every decision below is based on experiance and just smelling the concentrate.

Below represents how I mixed.

Mixed 1/15 70/30pg. Version 1. All flavors marked zero flavor pg/vg in ejuice me up.
Chris Pdx M’F’n Pear
Pear mf 2% (yup…I believe this may be the highest percent for this flavor)
Marshmallow FA. 1.5% (smooths edges, lifts bottom notes)
Pear FA 0.75% (yup to give a bit of “pear sweet”)
Fresh cream FA 0.5% (yup…yeah duh it’s there…it’s required for my style of simple fruits)
Fuji Apple FA 0.5% (this is what I call the reverse Fuji pear effect)

Min steep I would guess is two weeks. But at this I don’t touch anything till 4 weeks.

I don’t “air” out any of my mixes. 10 min hot water bath just so I could shake my mix on the sawzall.

Mallow could be dropped to 1% or 0.5% personally I may drop to 0.75% to allow for a harsher punch. But most people will not like that.

Future twist. 0.5% honeydew mf.

1 Like

Thanx bro… pairing the 2 pears might be what I’m missing. I’ll give this a shot cause I love me some pears.

btw… good notes… very helpful.

Try Lemonade cookie TFA. This is more of a lemon tart, but the lemonade cookie is a light fluffy lemon flavor and is really good.
Lemon cookie with creamy filling - by Jazzy, Feb 17, 00:48
Ingredient ml Grams %
Cake Batter Dip (FW) 1.25%
CAP NY Cheesecake 1.6%
Graham Cracker v2 (CAP) 0.6%
Juicy Lemon (CAP) 2%
Lemon Sicily (FA) 1%
Lemonade Cookie (TPA) 1.5%
Whipped Cream (TPA) 1.5%

PG/VG-ratio: 12/88
Flavor total: 2.84 ml (9.45%)
Tastes good as a shake and vape (more like lemon meringue), gets more cookie-ish in 3+ weeks.

3 Likes

Nana Oat Bars look fantastic! I like that we are now in the same ballpark with flavorings, you make some really great stuff. I hearted it and will mix it up tomorrow but ill be using Banana SC RF at a slightly higher % just to see how it works out.

WIPs

I mixed only one tonight:

It isnt really a V2, its a rewrite which resets it to V1. Just from the smell ill probably be looking at a Peanut Butter addition.

I mixed this during the weekend:

Another complete rewrite with current flavorings. I was thinking Cardamom (FA) as an addition. I want this release to be lighter, much lighter, in flavor than the other V’s.

I mixed this on the 14th:

Good call on the GC SC @Pro_Vapes, ill be replacing GC Clear with it in all my current recipes.

This one i have been working on since Paczki arrived at my home. There are 6 versions all together but i think this is the one i am moving forward with. I get to vape test several of them in a couple days.

The finger test is fantastic, in future versions i think ill be playing with the vanilla a bit, perhaps adding a bit of french van or ShishaV.

EDIT: One of these days ill stop tinkering with some of the recipes i work on and actually release them…

7 Likes