Private Recipe Sneak Peek (WIPs) Part 1

Joy is usually described as a “fried dough”, but I would describe it more as yeasty. It’s definitely bakery but more like doughnut-ey than cake-y. Maybe not good in a choc cake …mandatory in a choc doughnut

2 Likes

Some say it’s a sweetener. I got a cinnamon beer type note. It might have been my mixing %. So I’m willing to give it another shot if someone can tell me how to get it to sweeten.

beer is what I taste too, but it’s a really the flavor difference between a bread and a cake which otherwise have the same ingredients. You add in such small amounts that I think people are mistaken why it’s added, and incorrectly believe it’s a sweetener

1 Like
http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/lets-look-at-flavourart-joy/32350?u=pro_vapes&source_topic_id=56662
1 Like

Joy gained hype as a flavor in BRONUTS. I have already manually posted but have since made my Chocolate Eclair recipe Public

would not be the same without the “yeast”

1 Like

Yeah I can’t imagine too many recipes that would benefit from tasting yeast that aren’t doughnuts or beer or bread.

2 Likes

I put Joy with my sweeteners.

If you try Medicine Flower blueberry, You will certainly love it.

2 Likes

Personally, I’m a Apple lover. Cannot go all Fugi. TPA is for me. Add some Fugi, and a timy it of IWA Two Apples to make a strong apple flavor. Surely steep the IWA 2 months first. It changes a lot in time.

3 Likes

Ok, this is why I need to stick to other people’s recipes when I want something with more than a couple flavors. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking when I made this. Well, I do, but I don’t know why I thought I could pull it off. Here’s a recipe for your do not make list. Lmao! Tastes like I puked on the floor, cleaned it with lemon pledge, and then licked the floor. After steeping for two weeks, just gross. Not quite as nasty as it was on day two, but still unvapable for sure.

I still want a juice that tastes like a creamy lemon meringue filling, but now I’m scared to try again!

3 Likes

I don’t know if you had read the comments about “The Real Barney Rubble V2” by bvapes http://tjek.nu/r/35nY I added a bit (2%) of Key Lime to it, and it made a very nice slightly tart but smooth Key Lime pie. You might wish to look at it as a reference to what your trying to achieve.

2 Likes

Not sure why I can’t get anything from my Cap Creamy Yogurt. It supposedly has a fair amount of Butyric Acid which actually is the acid in vomit …and butter/cream. Maybe you didn’t shake the flavor enough before measuring/adding …or maybe your bottle got my bottle’s share of BA when they repackaged. I can’t even smell it on the bottle so I can’t get any yogurt success …just gonna re-order.

…and @VapeyMama never think your fails are not appreciated! Quite the visual too BTW …oh you’re tryin’ ta say it’s BAD?! :wink:

1 Like

I would replace the Creamy Yogurt with Bavarian Cream or Vanilla Custard. My preferences in order would be…

Custard (FA) 2%
Vanilla Custard V1 (CAP) 4-5%
Bavarian Cream (LA) 2.5%
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 3.5%

I don’t know if you’d achieve what you’re after with the Lemonade. Perhaps if you have Lemon Sicily? And I can’t comment on that lime since I don’t have it. What I will say is I’ve personally struggled with mixing citrus flavors. Not that what you have there doesn’t work, but just that they have been one of my greater challenges.

Words, just words :slight_smile:

1 Like

squinting< …but I think you may be biased @Joy

3 Likes

I just kinda threw in the lemons that I had–TPA and the FW lemonade. No Lemon Sicily yet, but that’s on my wish list. Maybe I’ll have some money someday and get some… lol

1 Like

Flavorah’s yogurt is really good. I think it’s been renamed Greek Yogurt. I’ve not had a lot of experience with other vendors so can’t help there.

Not pukey tasting? Now that I have that idea in my head it’s all I can taste in any of my mixes with the CAP creamy yogurt. :frowning: Not sure I even want to open that bottle anymore.

1 Like

Not pukey tasting, no. FLV Greek Yogurt is really good but I can’t confirm it’s BA free. I never look at the data on flavors :frowning:

I don’t think BA is a new thing in flavorings. I know they say CAP Vanilla Custard V2 has a fair amount in it, and I’ve used it with good success. Others I suspect have it such as TPAs Red Velvet Cake and Vanilla Custard. I’m sure there are a lot that do. And some people report being sickened by any of it. I’ve not had that problem but like with the RVC - I can’t seem to enjoy it in anything. I guess it’s a lot of trial and error.

1 Like

On a positive note, I tried another (simple!) mix that I’m liking. It’s just 2% of each FA Catalan Cream and FA Vienna Cream. Had a super strong alcohol smell to it for a while, but after a two week steep it’s really good. Has almost a nutty flavor to it. I think I am going to try adding some different fruits to it and see what I can come up with.

3 Likes

I love HIC’s notes on those two flavors!

FA Catalan Cream:
This is the flavor Spanish catalan cream custard made
with the traditional flavors. It’s sharper and more complex
than Vienna Cream. It is a sweet, creamy, vanilla, a little
citrus (lemon-orange, if you taste carefully), a little
darkcaramel, and a small touch of cinnamon-spice (which
some can taste and some cannot). Vary your vaping
power to taste the range of flavors here. It’s bold enough
to stand up to even strong berry flavors and still be
noticed.
Catalan Cream makes a complex vape all by itself. Tobacco fans
can use it to smooth bold tobacco flavors while adding a
hint of sharp vanilla-caramel-citrus; the bit of spice in
Catalan Cream vanishes when mixed with strong
tobaccos.
Excellent with fruity-bakery flavors.

FA Vienna Cream:
Probably the richest, creamiest, no-diketone sweet cream
out there. It’s sweet and creamy with a hint of vanilla when
used 3-4% or less. Over 3-4% will give you a sharp flavor
that few find appealing.
This tastes similar to the filling in Boston cream pie.
Vienna Cream is closer to what most Americans consider
custard than FA’s Custard flavor is.If you add a little
nutmeg flavor (rum optional) it’s excellent eggnog.
Vienna Cream is a good start for ice cream flavors.It
blends perfectly with and smooths out bakery recipes. It
tames the strong flavors of FA Tiramisu, for example, and
makes FA Cookie ‘softer’ and sweeter.

2 Likes