Private Recipe Sneak Peek (WIPs) Part 1

Update on my horrific lemon puke mix:
I don’t know what I was thinking, but I just filled up my tank with it. I guess I’m a bit of a masochist…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I figured it probably wouldn’t make me throw up, so it was worth a shot. I’m out of nic, and waiting on my order to come in the mail, and I wanted to see what I had on hand to take on vacation this weekend if the order doesn’t show up in time to make more before I leave. Anyway, now at four days short of a three week steep, I’m actually liking it! There’s a little bit of bitterness… but the BA taste is gone and the lemon chemical flavor has faded away and is blended nicely with the cream and meringue. It’s still not what I was going for exactly, but I think I’m actually might try again using the recipe as a starting point. I think it needs more cream, and probably a little less yogurt. Possibly some better lemon flavors. But yay! I’m not going to have to count this as a complete failure!! I guess this is a good lesson on why not to throw out your nasty shit mixes until you’ve steeped the living hell out of them. :wink:

7 Likes

Words of wisdom! :grinning: It’s amazing what 2 to 4 months in the steep closet will do for some mixes!

7 Likes

A little experiment i am doing. A semi dragons blood doughnut mix. Just finished mixing… smells interesting enough. Lol cant wait to give it a vape :slight_smile:

oh man that cap glazed doughnut is awfully high. From my experience if I use it at 2% and build around it by adding some FA cookie and some FA meringue it will taste less play doughy! But that’s just me and to each they’re own :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The dragon fruit is the only thing i can taste still. I just need to completely rework it.

1 Like

Take the Donut to 3% and increase your Sweet Strawberry to 8% or combine with another Strawberry. It should turn this mix around. The profile looks good, but the %'s seems off.

1 Like

Ill just dump what i have out and try that. Thanks

1 Like

@mikelej14 Never dump juice! …that’s what brother-in-laws are for :wink: Doesn’t your girlfriend have an @hole brother? maybe sister? (these are jokes) Hey I’m an @hole send it to me :wink:

I’d split the 30 ml in half into two 30 ml bottles. Since you are technically doubling you re-add the same amounts, but since it’s into two bottles you divide by two …so

Bavarian Creme .15 grams in each

Dragon Fruit .3 grams in each

Glazed Doughnut 0 grams effectively lowering it to 4% which should be reasonable for a doughnut vape

Sweet Strawberry .75 grams to each no need to bump as the advice was add another strawberry (?) but 5% is likely OK so you still have to add (doubling remember)

Maybe Strawberry Shisha (INW) .5 grams …you want a jammy strawberry for a Jelly doughnut

No strawberry Shisha? Maybe Strawberry (Red Touch) (FA) or Strawberry Ripe .75 grams in each

Vanilla Whipped Cream .3 grams in each
then just top off (to the shoulder of the bottle) with VG/PG

7 Likes

And so I begin my adventure into the tobacco realm. Here’s a simple one that turned out good so far. I’m not 100% sure what steep time should be but today is 11 days and it’s delightful. Not ready to make public yet because I’m thinking the blackberry may need a little bump - it’s quite faint now, almost undetectable but it peeks through occasionally. So far, so fun!

Black on Black (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Black n Mild (SC) 3
Blackberry (MF) 0.8
Italian Cream (Hangsen) 1.5
Vienna Cream (FA) 1

Flavor total: 6.3%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

This one is interesting. I used my sister as a test subject this weekend. Her first response was a puzzled look and to say that’s different. Then she kept vaping and about 2 minutes later said she liked it. I like it too but it’s as though something is missing and I can’t quite place it. Still, I could vape this as is and unless I have some epiphany, that’s what I’ll do.

What Nut? (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Coconut Extra (TPA) 1.1
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 1
Hazelnut (FW) 1.5
Horchata Smooth (TPA) 4
Peanut Butter (Flavorah) 0.8
Sweet Cream (CAP) 2

Flavor total: 10.4%

4 Likes

Looking good! :grinning:

The more I started gathering nice tobacco concentrates and enjoying the taste of each as a stand alone flavor, studying the profile, the percentages of other concentrates in a recipe got lower and lower. I found I didn’t want to cover up the flavor of the tobacco; other flavors “peeking out” was how I started to lean in my mixing style.

With the recipe above, I’m tying to throw an apple and bourbon “casing” on the tobacco, as they would in the real world of producing a pipe tobacco. It’s good, but for me, there is almost too much apple in the mix…even at .5%. But, I’ll vape what I made up as a tester and it may grow on me! :grinning: That happens quite a bit with quite a few of my mixes.

6 Likes

That’s soooooo mean, putting up a recipe with a Euroflavor and a prototype :cry:

2 Likes

That ‘What Nut?’ looks great. I may try it this weekend, but I’m gonna add
about .25% AP. just for fun!

1 Like

This is not my usual vape, hence the title. After 13 days of steeping it is not bad at all. A bit more time might make it even better.

The Totally Unexpected Nutty Caramel Ice Cream Cone : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/707585/The+Totally+Unexpected+Nutty+Caramel+Ice+Cream+Cone

1% Biscuit (INAWERA)
3% Butter Pecan (FW)
2% Caramel (Flavorah)
1% Creme Fresh (FA)
2% Milk Chocolate (INAWERA)
6% Pistachio (TPA)
3% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 18%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/5E1G

3 Likes

That might be what I’m missing! Thanks Alisa. I made another version of it with some chocolate and will probably be adding AP to that one just to see. :+1:

1 Like

:pensive: …had a feeling I was going to get some flak for that; hoped that you weren’t looking too hard!

2 Likes

Fat chance Granddad, I always look hard at your recipes :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

There’s a [Liquid Stevia (Pyure)] entry now…? Damn, gotta move my notes and update a ton of recipes. This is a much more accurate title, will use it going forward.

P.S. Unicorn Assasin looks tasty man :yum: I gotta get my hands on some FLV Pound Cake first though. I’ll bookmark it and definitely give it a go once my funds have recovered from July 4th sales events :laughing:

2 Likes

I mixed this up 5 days ago. I made 30ml so I have enough to test along the way. Right now I’m feeling like the coconut, lime, and graham are all there in nice amounts but it needs more of the actual cheesecake. Not sure if that will come out more with steeping or not, this is the first time I’ve tried the cheesecake graham crust flavoring. Any tips on coaxing more cheesecake out of this mix…Maybe another plain cheesecake flavor?

2 Likes

sammie puffs v3

Ingredient %
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 2
Coconut (FA) 0.5
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 0.5
Dark Chocolate (MF) 1
Graham Cracker (FW) 3
Marshmallow (FA) 2
Milk Chocolate ( TFA ) 1.5
Vanillin 10% (TPA) 0.5
white chocolate mousse IDE 1.5

Flavor total: 12.5%

I actually ended up using toasted marshmallow tfa at 2% instead of FA. I got some of this recipe off of somewhere and I changed quite a bit of it around. I wanna say I got the starter from someone on reddit. I just didn’t want to take full credit for it. This is so good! I mixed it up yesterday and I can’t stop vaping it. I’m going to try my best to mix up some more tonight so that I can have some to let it steep a week or so. I’ll probably bump the milk chocolate tfa up to 2% as well. I think when I mix it up I’ll mix up 2 30ml bottles and in 1 bottle I’m going to try adding a few drops of black fire fa.

1 Like

Juicy Melons 07/04

Ingredient %
Cantaloupe (Flavorah) 2
cooling effect IDE 0.8
Passion (Passionfruit) (FA) 1.5
Peach (Flavorah) 2
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 2
Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA) 0.8
Tropical Citrus (Flavorah) 1
Watermelon (Flavorah) 2
Wild Melon (Flavorah) 3

Flavor total: 15.1%

This is good! I can’t tell you how many ml’s of this I have gone through! I was on a hunt for a good summer time and watermelon/punchy type vape. Hope you guys enjoy! I have tried this as a shake and vape and after it steeps, both are very good!

2 Likes