Private Recipe Sneak Peek (WIPs) Part 1

Holy shit, that picture… I need some of that.

4 Likes

I looking for the perfect cookie for this mix. It’ll probably be a cookie combo. But that sauce on the plate I’m thinking walnut, brown sugar and butter in a cookie, 'nana custard base. I really hope I can pull this off. It would be the master of layering flavors.

4 Likes

Basically a shortbread cookie, eh? And you are already a master!

A few things im working on:

This one is a complete start over

Bluenanna Custard
3% Banana Cream (LA)
3% Blueberry (FW)
2% Blueberry Extra (TPA)
2% Custard (FA)
4% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

Flavor total: 14%

This one is untested but mixed.

Eggnog Danish
0.5% Catalan Cream (FA)
0.75% Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP)
6% Eggnog (Real Flavors)
0.5% Sweetened Condensed Milk (RAW) (Real Flavors)

Flavor total: 7.75%

Eggnog… More like YUMNOG!

Eggnog
0.5% Catalan Cream (FA)
7% Eggnog (Real Flavors)
2% Vanilla Custard (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 9.5%

Thinking it needs a bit more cinnamon.

SinannaScotch Cream
4% Banana Cream (LA)
0.5% Butter Rum (LA)
3% Butterscotch Ripple (FW)
1% Catalan Cream (FA)
0.1% Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 8.6%

Cherimoya and custard, it aint as easy as one would think.

Cheribarb Custard (Gámma)
3% Cherimoya YC (INAWERA)
2% Custard (FA)
0.6% Rhubarb (INAWERA)
4% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

Flavor total: 9.6%

Another untested, curing time…

Eggnog Bread Pudding
1% Bavarian Cream (LA)
12% Bread Pudding (Real Flavors)
3% Eggnog (Real Flavors)
1.5% Eggnog (TPA)

Flavor total: 17.5%

EDIT: I just realized that this isnt the thread i thought it was, again. Sorry about that, PV. I get the two threads mixed up a lot…

3 Likes

Pen out… taking notes.

4 Likes

Im not sure how i missed the shortbread cookie extract in that recipe. I think ive done too much mixing today…

Did you do a single flavor test on the shortbread cookie? Wondering if i need it.

3 Likes

I haven’t achieved a consistent BB yet. I have a couple very good BB mixes, but it’s hard to transfer those BB combos to other mixes. BB FW is now on my shopping list.

4 Likes

BB FW is fantastic, probably one of their best flavorings. I think you will find it is quite close to MF BB, just weaker.

BB mixes arent as easy to mix as one would think, certainly not as easy as strawberry mixes. My other versions of Bluenanna had BB MF but as it isnt widely used i decided to reformulate it, adding the Custard FA for the light lemon notes to boost the BB a bit, at least that is the intended affect i am shooting for. MF BB and FW BB mix very well together.

4 Likes

I’ve been too lazy for the needed SF testing. Not only that but my work schedule consumes most of my days. I kinda been shooting from the hip and hoping for the best. Bad practice I know, but work usually slows down in the late fall until spring. I’ll play catch up then.

4 Likes

Hey, sometimes that works out just fine too. I know im certainly guilty of it.

3 Likes

You mean I’m not the only one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :zap:️:zap:️:zap:️Just waiting for kiwi mf to steep. I just added 0.75 to 1% to existing mixes and reduced other things. I decided to do a smell test…omg…very strong kiwi smell. It was like fresh cut kiwi…very tart. I think I can resist for one more week.

I’m still vaping my batched orange mixes. Only 45mls to go. Which take me through Sunday.

3 Likes

A lot of MF extracts are like that. Some choose to blend them with lesser concentrated flavor to boost the synthetics a bit. I try to make MF extracts the top note and enhance them with Pyure, Sour Wizard or sometimes lesser concentrated flavors two weaken them a bit. Nothing like vaping real extracts vs synthetics though IMO.

FA Kiwi is the 1st Kiwi I’ve found to be enjoyable. After your comment MF Kiwi is next up on MF list. Thanx for your notes.

2 Likes

Blueberry (MF) kinda smell yucky from the bottle, once it is all mixed tho, WOW. Most of them are like that, in my opinion.

2 Likes

I think you mentioned MF Cherry before. I can’t remember which one you have… I got Morello Cherry MF in today’s vmail. I’ve read it’s like a cooked cherry pie type. Any experience with?

2 Likes

I have Black, White Cherry and Morello, both are wonderful. Morello is very tart and mixes well with other cherries, it can be tough to mix with. In fact i have only used it a few times but that is probably due to having so many flavors to test. I havent even used White Cherry yet.

3 Likes

Thanx for the notes. Sounds like some sweetening needed. I want to make a cherry pie. My apple pie and peach cobbler came out so well, I hoped maybe the Morello Cherry MF would make a good cherry pie. I have 2 INW cherries I’m happy with also… it might take a combo. Thanx again.

3 Likes

The hard part, finding the balance, hehe. Ill break Morello again, it has been quite awhile since ive used it.

I really need to order the flavorings i need to make that Peach Cobbler, i have looked at that recipe so many times… It looks fantastic and as one reads the list of flavorings one can nearly smell grannys Cobbler again.

2 Likes

Do you have Wild Raspberry MF? It’s now my favorite MF flavor… spot on and so easy to mix. I’m 3 for 3 with it.

3 Likes

I do, i have the regular Rasp too. I had tried to make a Thimbleberry flavor with Rasp, Wild and Morello. I failed, miserably. I had to put that stuff away for a bit so i wouldnt have an aneurysm.

My wife makes a Wild Rasp, White Peach, vanilla cream. It is pretty good for some of her first MF recipes. Sadly she keep her notebook hidden, for some krazy reason, or i would post the recipe.

Wild Rasp is a fantastic flavor, strawberry is another but then again i could say that about all of them except hazelenut, wtf…

2 Likes

man I was just thinking the same thing (drools)

1 Like

I would wait for the vape test. I suspect there may be a bit too much of the “green” note (much like the rind flavor note from melons). Kiwi FA is all sweet and ripe with a little touch of the natural.

1 Like