Proper etiqutte ? for Collecting ejuice recipes

Maybe a horse head is appropriate here?

Even a digital version that I can email him? With the message “I know what you’re doing”

Yes we do!! Hence the flora thread you and I created!! (which btw hasn’t had any new entries in a while, I’m on it!!)

1 Like

Personally, I would be flattered if anyone copied my recipes … my last reaction would be to accuse them of stealing a recipe that I shared in a public domain. However, I must not be that great of a mixer because I don’t seem to have this problem. LoL

1 Like

Was it really “A lot of comments”. Everyone here is really nice and I know just one person can really make you mad. If you can make something nice to vape - weather you learn how to by looking at other recipes or whatever way, then you are one smart dude. I can’t seem to make anything from scratch that tastes good at all. All I can do is add something else to someone else’s recipe to make something different. I hope you don’t let anything someone said sour your enjoyment on mixing. Hug and XO. Just forget it if it was only one day or one jerk. Time will help. I’m sure you are doing just fine. I can see you have a good conscious, so I’m sure you are doing just fine. You’d know it if you were stealing anything and it seems you feel you have not. So, just forget it. Everything’s fine.

3 Likes

HEY!! That’s not your football, that’s mine!!

2 Likes

So true @Pro_Vapes ! I would like to hope that this discussion could make people aware that there is such a thing as proper etiquette, nothing more. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to consider not sharing their recipes because of the discussion here in this thread or the one person who complained about their recipe being stolen. Perhaps the proper etiquette for SHARING should be taught to this person ! Guys, gals, there is probably only two things we should get out of this discussion and NOT SHARING is not one of them…

One, give credit where credit is due. If you save someones recipes to blend later, keep it private. You are essentially giving them their just credit by not putting duplicates on ELR with your name on it. If you make major changes (I do not mean use another vendors flavors) and want to share, in the comments be sure the original creator gets a mention. I also recommend changing the name either slightly, or to whatever. For instance, Recipe My Way, Recipe v2, Recipe with a Twist. You get the picture.

Two, sharing is a good thing ! For a community to band together as we do and share our knowledge and recipes is a fantastic thing. We must always know the fact that there will be bumps in the road. There will always be one person that is gonna say something that is gonna get people up at arms. Fact of life dudes. What we must do is not let things like that bother us. The consequences are too costly. Blow off your steam, then let it go…

Let’s keep up a good thing…

PS: @Pro_Vapes, I’m sure you can tell this is for everyone, not just you…

5 Likes

Just for that, I’m gonna go and steal some of your recipes.
Feel better now?

6 Likes

I think I’ll go for his “Black Elvis” but I’ll just rename it “Blacker Elvis” :wink:

6 Likes

OK guys, a little etiquette please…lol

3 Likes

Hey guys I have this AMAZING new juice in my store!! It’s called Blacker Elvis, $25 for a 15ml bottle!!

3 Likes

make him our bitch…lol

3 Likes

Technically I see this as sad because now the other guy gets the credit. However I also see it as the ultimate gesture by you. By making your copy private you are saving the sanity of thousands of people as they try to trawl through all the recipes here on ELR. Bravo to you @DarthVapor3 !!!

2 Likes

Why thankie kind sir :wink:
I’m not looking for any glory or accolades here and if I can avoid a confict or someone going off on a slanderous rage because I asked politely to please not post dupes then so be it.
The way I see it is, if it was a recipe I wanted to share with the great people here then it’s out there either way! Although…in my particular case it would be nice to have a block user option because that would allow me to avoid a lot of issues I’m currently going through. I’m ashamed to even think of an option like that here on ELR but maybe some radio silence for a week or 2 will also resolve it…who knows

1 Like

I am totally new to this site and e juice mixing as well. I want to start out by saying thank you to all that have posted their recipes on this forum and for the work they put in making them. I started reading this thread and stopped about 1/4 of the way and I am probably out of line on this, if so I do apologize in advance but here is goes … Coming from the restaurant industry as a chef for the last 27 years I will say this, there is no recipe that you can come up with that someone else already hasn’t done … That being said, I can see where someone would get upset about others taking their recipes I get upset when people take the ones I came up with for my soups and sauces and claim them as their own, but… in order to get to mine they have to go into my notebook in my knife box to read them… If someone is going to post them online expect to have them copied used changed and claimed by someone else … That is the price you pay for posting in a open forum

4 Likes

That is exactly what we are saying my man and welcome! Always nice to see a fellow chef :wink:

3 Likes

thank you sir .

Black Elvis is damn good … worthy of his own impersonators … He makes Ememin wish he was white … lol

1 Like

Thank you … yes I do. :joy:

Well, no one but the author of the recipe and myself can access private recipes - but I’m not really browsing around people’s private recipes much - there are currently over 12.000 public recipes, but there is a whopping 184.000 private ones - I’m not digging through that mess! :smiley:

You guys know my position on recipes shared publicly on the internet :smiley:

I don’t earn money on my own recipes, nor do I plan to - so I share all of the recipes that I make, that I find good. I have a lot of private recipes, but they’re all WIPs or not very good…

I totally get that people want recognition for their hard work - because most likely that’s all they’re gonna get - recognition. That’s why I always attribute it to the author if I plot in a recipe that’s not my own. Sometimes I even write what my inspiration was, if the inspiration was a recipe.

I have a vague plan, which I put on my todo list: Unchecking “This is a private recipe” on an adapted recipe will have no effect if you didn’t change anything - the recipe will be private, unless you change something. I was also thinking of writing a small script that will go through all public adapted recipes, and check if anything was changed - if not, set it private…

Not totally sure that’s what I will do though. After all, I still allow single flavor recipes, which I find meaningless…

5 Likes

Yeah I didn’t mean it like that daath, your a respectable dude that has massive generosity! I was just saying “technically” they still arent private when you put them on the internet. I know you would never go through anyones stuff like that, I hope I didn’t offend ya.
I was only pointing out that in theory, more than just myself can access them is all, even though that would never happen. Unless someone broke into your house and put a gun to your head and forced you to download them all to a thumbdrive or somethin
Again it was by no means directed at you, all I’m saying is if someone really gets all butt hurt about their recipes they shouldn’t post them anywhere but in their pocket :wink:

I think your plan for duplicates is on track though!
I would hate to see that todo/wish list of yours my man! That thing has to be massive!