Proper etiqutte ? for Collecting ejuice recipes

It’ll take a little more than that, my friend :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/0mt0CaW.jpg

Here’s a picture of some guy leafing through volume 8 of my todo list:

8 Likes

What’s the old saying, I wouldn’t want to be you…

Can I slap’em ??? huh huh can I can I???

1 Like

@daath I would love to “like” that post but the internet gods have banned me from liking anything the rest of the day…

So in the mean time I will scream I LIKE THIS! at my monitor, just let me know if I’m being too loud ok?

I REALLY LIKE THE PICTURES!!

:wink:

4 Likes

No bathroom reading for him

I started mixing after finding this forum. All I learned was taught to me by the wonderful, SHARING, people here. I couldn’t begin to calculate the dollars that would have been down the drain had it not been for copied recipes of others. Most of what I mix is an adaptation of a recipe. My brand flavor versus the flavor manufacturer you used. I will create recipes in time but for now, with humility and appreciation may I say, (publicly and on the global Internet), your sharing has helped me and many others, QUIT SMOKING.

5 Likes

I’d be lost without recipe to follow, after 2 years of vaping … spending $100s on concentrates, etc,… I’ve only 1 original recipe which I enjoy and continue to make … so I’m grateful to users for sharing their ideas and creations, diy is the preferred option for me as I’m on a pension and can’t afford high priced ‘premium’ liquids, sometimes I’ll repost a great ( imo) recipe for friends on a forum … but always stipulate that it’s not my creation
I don’t know why someone would create a wonderful mix,then post it on a site with ingredients altered or missing… makes a lousy juice and does the poster’s rep no good. why bother? just keep it private if you don’t like sharing

2 Likes

Did I miss this above in the comments? Is someone actually doing this? That sure would be a LOW DOWN TRiCK !!!

It’s very nice how you feel about all those that share recipes with you and all the others! I’m willing to bet if you continue to remind them how much you appreciate them they will continue to post…

3 Likes

Im glad you asked this question but sad your having the problem. As a new member to this most helpful site I too hope that no one is offended when I adapt their recipes. but ive got my preferences set as recipes private. im a true diy beginner so pretty much all my recipes are adaptations. I wouldn’t want anyone to think im trying to take their credit.

6 Likes

That’s what’s great about ELR, is that the members, or at least the majority of them, do not act this way about their recipes…unlike most recipe sites. It is common courtesy to give the creator credit, sure, but we are all here to share and I have never seen anyone act territorial about their recipes on ELR.
This is a great recipe site and I dont want this thread to turn into a “scare tactic” to keep people from sharing or adapting.

7 Likes

Substance Abuse Counselor…hmm,…I think I know you!

So… I’ve always shared my recipes that I think I’ve finished. I’m flattered when anyone uses them in any manner they choose. I thought everyone posting recipes here publicly felt the same. I don’t know why you’d make a recipe public at all and not want people to use it. Doesn’t make sense.

I have adapted many other people’s PUBLIC recipes too. If I made a change to the recipe, tweaking it to make it ‘better’ (IMHO better), I have made it public and ALWAYS give the originator credit. I suppose after reading all the comments, I’ll now go back and make all of the adapted recipes private.

Seems a shame to me not to share, but I certainly don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelers…

5 Likes

I agree with you 100% and I feel that if you adapted a recipe and have added things to it or tweaked it in a way that it’s not the EXACT same by all means share!!
If someone took my recipe and adapted it but then added things and changed it a little bit not only would I be flattered but I’d be very interested to see it and try it myself! I personally believe the only time to make it private is when the recipe is identical to the one that was adapted

6 Likes

In two days I’m about to profess my love for you . . . :heart:

3 Likes

I would lie if I were to say I’m not jealous…I thought your love was exclusive only for me sweet tits :, (

2 Likes

Your time will come sugar nipples :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you don’t hear from me for a while it’s because I past out from holding my breath :wink:

2 Likes

From what I gather from this thread, nobody really cares about there recipes being adapted and copied. Seems to me from the onset the way OP worded it may be extreme. Constant reposting by certain individuals is annoying therefore someone obviously spoke up about it. Newer users obviously don’t know proper etiquette so some exceptions have to be made. What I am seeing is people that usually share is starting to rethink if they want to continue to share. Regardless of what you read in this post, go back and read the initial post and make your decision based on that. We are starting to react to last post instead of the original.

1 Like

I’m starting to worry now… What happens if you hate that recipe in two days? Will you be at my door with a shotgun ??? huh? :confused:

2 Likes

No way, this has awesome sauce written all over it…

2 Likes