Pugsley's dish best served cold review of the Vaporesso Revenger 220w Mod

tenor (1)

Well…revenge…for one…apparently…not sure what on or who with but the latest offering from Vaporesso sure is angry about something and has 220 vengeful reasons to hate on anything you’re brave enough to screw into it’s head…

giphy

No messing about with this one…we’re going straight into no-nonsense review mode because…well…I’m scared…

Hello again my hopefully not quite as spiteful as what I am about to review billow brigade, Quite the fired up little vengeful vixen we have on our hands today, for reasons no one really seems to know, must be a woman (ooh careful)…The people responsible are Shenzhen Smoore Technology Limited under the trademark name we all know as…Vaporesso. I have in my arsenal a handful of Vaporesso goodies, My 2 Tarot’s have been my work back up for 2 years…still goin…looks like shit but, never skips a beat…just…falls over a lot…must be all that bourbon custard I vape…

thenug-Iuc8cfnpwe

And of course the Tarot Nano which in my opinion was the best mini mod of last year, more features than a lot of mods 3 times it’s size and price so…what indeed is on the revengenda…well…Iron mans helmet as it goes…fairly certain they actually wanted to call it the Avenger…courtesy of my fellow super heroes at Cvapor…The Vaporesso Revenger 220w Mod.

MtZiKJ3

The Revenger is a 220w dual 18650 powered fully TC capable ultra compact device that is Vaporesso’s entry into the powerful compact ‘Kit’ category…think Alien, and Predator (both now deceased for me)…The ‘Kit’ comprising of the Revenger and the NRG tank, but it’s pre made’s only so…meh…just the mod for me…although I’m sure the NRG is lovely…if you like that kind of thing…

For test purposes I decided to go with the ijoy RDTA 5s as i’m currently testing it (next review) and…well…I figured it was wise…and no I’m still not particularly a fan of bottom feeders but rather that than pre made’s (shudders)…so…without further ado…Revengers assemble!..(I’m sorry)

First impressions…Nice retail presence, apart from the pattern on the front which I thought was water damage or dirt and spent a good few minutes trying to clean the fucking thing before I realised it was part of the design, still…at least some effort was made, In the package…nice braided USB cable plus the usual paper bumf and of course the Revenger Mod. Picking it up the first thing that sprung to mind was…‘Feels like a toy…looks like Iron Mans head’…It’s very light weight and compact, It’s basically a plastic sandwich, Alloy plates front and rear and a moulded all in one battery box as your savoury filling…

Battery cover on one side, held in place with very strong magnets and the screen on the other, and each side has an extremely glossy glass like inlay which looks kinda cool but A- it’s a right finger print magnet…and B- will more than likely show a lot of scratches in the future…still…when it’s new…it looks bloody lovely…had to pretty much polish it between each shot mind…

funny-face

Shiny …

The front screen is clear and easy to read and below it are the 3 function buttons, Left for down, right for up…and centre for the most confusing menu system known to man…hold for 2 seconds to change onto the next mode…do that several thousand times to see each mode…click it fast 3 times once you are on system menu to enter a sub menu…use left and right buttons to toggle through options…hold menu button for 2 seconds on selected sub menu to enter sub…sub menu…toggle to exit and hold for 2 seconds to get back to the start…Cock off…I looked like I was texting someone and I was only trying to adjust the fucking time on it…oh yeah…it has a clock which comes on automatically when not used for a few seconds…which is actually kinda cool lookin…I just…forgot to take a picture of it …

disappointed___gif__by_themischiefmonster-d7ej23k

It does of course have full TC capabilities with all you’re popular wires as well as 2 memory modes and a bypass function…it’s Vaporesso…they love functionality…regardless of how confusing it might be…although let’s be perfectly clear on this…I’m not saying it’s dysfunctional in anyway shape or form…I’m not saying anything bad about it at all actually, I love it…are you listening Revenger…I love you…I think your great…(Totally don’t want to upset it through fear of it blowing my face off in a months time)

Vic4

On the top we have a very nondescript 510 which in my opinion could really use a plate because it’s positioning is exactly where every 510 should be…IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE,

com-resize (8)

Some people thumb…some people trigger so just…have it…in…the middle!..how is that a difficult concept for manufacturers to grasp…the middle is clearly the best place for a 510 on most devices…and another plus point for that is this…the room you can have up there. Now let me tell you the Revenger is an ultra compact mod, you can tell that by the picture up there of the battery bay, For a dual 18650 powered device it is tiny, and the smooth oval body fit’s in your hand absolutely perfectly so how is it…for a device this compact…Can I fit my 28.5mm Armageddon MFG on there with no overhang what so ever…

I’ll tell you why…CENTRAL 510!.

And with 220 wotnots at it’s disposal it can bitch slap that chunky motherfucker into the dirt…even down to .05ohms

GTFO-avengers-iron-man-kicks-thor

And not only does the form of the Revenger fit your hand so well, the fun button is also perfectly shaped for your thumb, it’s long and flush at the bottom and curves out ever so slightly towards the top to match the curvature of your thumb, it’s also very clicky…I like this fire button…

At the base Vaperesso have characteristically tapered it to make the base narrower…now this was a huge con with the tarrot, Putting it down on a table was a cliffhanger everytime…was it going to stay up…was a breeze going to gently come in through the window and knock it off-balance sending your glass tank shattering all over the table top…was that math required to correctly adjust the volts to match your required temperature just…too much for the little fella…

com-resize (9)

Whatever the reason…it was a shit design, and at first glance you would think they had done it again, The Revenger however has enough girth to sit solid and stout on any hard surface without any intention of toppling over like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

No…it hasn’t fallen over…how else was I going to show you the bottom…tut.

Now for something that makes me feel a little light headed every time I read one…the specs list…

Main Features:
● Supports 2pcs 18650 batteries ( not included )
● Wattage range: 5 - 220W
● TC range: 100 - 315 Deg.C / 200 - 600 Deg.F
● Supports multiple output mode: VW ( H / N / S ), CCW, CCT, VT ( Ni, Ti, SS ), TCR ( M1, M2 )
● Resistance: 0.05 - 5 ohm
● Thread: 510
● Material: aluminum alloy and plastic
Specification

Product Details Brand: Vaporesso
Type: Electronic Cigarettes Accessories
Accessories type: MOD
Model: Revenger
Material: Aluminum Alloy,Plastic
Mod: Temperature Control Mod,VV/VW Mod
APV Mod Wattage Range: Over 200W
APV Mod Wattage: 220W
Temperature Control Range: 100 - 315 Deg.C / 200 - 600 Deg.F
Battery Form Factor: 18650
Battery Quantity: 2pcs ( not included )
Dimension and Weight Product weight: 0.1400 kg
Package weight: 0.2400 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 4.50 x 8.90 x 2.80 cm / 1.77 x 3.5 x 1.1 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 13.00 x 8.00 x 5.00 cm / 5.12 x 3.15 x 1.97 inches
Package Contents Package Contents: 1 x Mod, 1 x USB Charger Cable, 1 x English User Manual
tumblr_no961kw9bu1urmhgko1_400

So my final thoughts on the Vaporesso Revenger 220w Mod will be that it’s a pretty serious piece of kit, The finish could well have durability issues in the long run but a lot of us have endured worse with the Alien, at least the paint seems solid. It has enough functions to cater for most vapers, It’s super compact, It has the all important central 510 which takes a 30mm without looking offensive, It has more power than most of us will ever need and a hand-feel seldom found on most devices these days…it even fits quite nicely in your pocket…and for all intents and purposes…this is a BUDGET mod…yeah …budget, It may not have all the bells and whistles of a DNA device nor is it by any means a heavy-duty lump of solid metal…but Cvapor have been kind enough to adorn me with a heck of a deal for this. Use code ‘Revenger’ at checkout and you can pick yourself up one of these for £33.74/$43.99 here…

Vaporesso Revenger 220w Mod - Heavily discounted

If…like myself, you’re a 30mm vaper, I don’t think you will find a device this powerful and this compact that can fit a wide top on for this money…it’s as simple as that.

Next up is that Ijoy RDTA 5s, however I’m leaving for Vapefest in a couple of hours so I’ll be finishing it early next week, In the meantime if you would like to see how this vengeful little minx scored against other pieces of awesome vapeology then please feel free to hop on over to Steampugs and while you’re there check out the shop where you will find many bargains and even the odd discount code.
Until then.

Loki-Rolls-Out-In-The-Avengers

Pugs.

21 Likes

Nice one @Steampugs - maybe you could pair it with a dead rabbit and have a Fatal Attraction combo.

6 Likes

very nice my friend you make me want one!

5 Likes

Nice writeup bro :+1:

3 Likes

Great review!

Also, I appreciate the “business behind-the-scenes” aspect you’ve been tossing in lately!

Dealing with components vendors all the time (from a technician’s POV) , I’m always curious as to who actually makes what! Labels and brands don’t mean shit to me, until you can make the association with the actual product manufacturer.
Only then can you begin to see where the rubber meets the road IMO. :wink:

Anyways, it’s a nice touch, that’s not gone unrecognized/unseen. And it’s appreciated!

6 Likes

Oooh, me likes shiny :smiley:

Great review as always :ok_hand::grin:

5 Likes

Thanks very much everyone! Sorry for late reply, currently sat in the Planet of the Vapes tent at vapefest waiting out a horrific thunder storm…good old British summer time :neutral_face::ok_hand:
On the slightly surreal side…people here know who I am :confused:…crazy , been talkin to 2 people who are actually using gear they got from my site!..mental…hope they dont break while im here…that’d be awkward…

We should totally have a tent here :ok_hand:

11 Likes

Whoop! Famous :grin::tada::tada::tada:

7 Likes

Hardly lmao…it was kinda cool though, they were really nice people :ok_hand: nice bunch POTV 🖒

3 Likes

Best idea ever lmaoo :ok_hand:

1 Like

Great review!

Lots of stuff to like about the piece. Center 510 is the tits. Compact and weighty. Price range is perfect.

Thanks for the review brother.

5 Likes

Thanks Brother :wink: much appreciated…not weighty though, opposite, very lightweight this one :wink: …just the fact that it fits wide tops is worth the money…and I know how you’re all about the girth pumpkin :wink:

6 Likes

Hey, a guy with girth likes a mod with girth. Feels comfortable in the hand. :joy:

7 Likes

And you know what…it does feel comfortable in the hand…:laughing:

6 Likes

Nice review, once again! That’s one slick looking little mod.

4 Likes

Why thank you very much kind madam :wink:

3 Likes

nice review buddy… i went yesterday and bought myself a black one… it’s my first central 512 mod. i love how it looks… the included tank, i gave it a shot just to be fair, using one of the coils that came with the kit… as you said, it’s a “meh!” - but that’s for me. i had to install an RTA with some clapton to get the flavor hit / fix i need from the juice - although couple of friends really liked the included tank - for now it’s running with a Pharaoh RTA (which BTW, is amazing for flavor)

beside what you mentioned, i liked couple of other features (this is also my first Vaperesso device)
1 - software upgrade: and you can also adjust some settings (TCR, CCW mode curve, screen messages) thru the PC then upload to the device. i had to upgrade the device to the latest firmware right after unwrapping, being the geek i am. very smooth experience, no fuss - though i think the feature that writes back the settings (the adjustable curve) didn’t seem to work - didn’t spend much time on it as i was also fiddling with my new Pharaoh tank
2 - Fast Battery Charge feature: the mod has a built-in 2.5A battery charging feature - that’s 6x the speed of my standalone charger. i know it’s not recommended to fast-charge your batteries as some say this shortens their life span - but it’s good to have it.

definitely a great device. i didn’t like the complexity of the menu (and how small the menu font is - literally have to use reading glasses to see them), but once i adjusted my settings, it’s been the + and - button only since then. the device feels great in the hand… i may pair it with an Engine Mini - as the Pharaoh is way too big for it - but it’s been playing nice with all the tanks i threw on it…

thanks again Pugs …

6 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t sure about mentioning the fast charge because…although I have done it on the odd occasion…I don’t like to recommend it, but like you said…it’s a good feature, and its a good mod.
Thanks for your feedback buddy much appreciated :wink:

3 Likes

Another great review Pugs. I’m totally with you on the centered 510. In my opinion if the mod is a symmetric shape there is no reason to offset the 510. It just looks funny.

2 Likes

Cheers Louie :wink: :thumbsup:

2 Likes