Pugsley's Gigeresque and other worldly review of the Smok Alien 220w Baby Beast Kit

Booom that’s me off to order :+1:

1 Like

Let me know what you think when you get it, I’m loving it I haven’t stopped suckin on it since the postman gave it to me…

I mean …erm…(sigh) :disappointed:

3 Likes

you know what my lovely…when I answered that I thought you were going on about the Vaporesso Transformer…which is postless…by now I would imagine you have sussed out that I was talking out of my arse haha…I don’t why I thought you were on about that and not the alien lmao…oh dear…what a dick…

1 Like

The only con I have is the paint as well. I cant get the firmware to work on my computer but its working solid the way that it is anyways so I am ok without the update. I bought one for me and my brother and then I won one in a contest and all 3 are solid units so the quality is there I use different tanks on each one for different juices haha

Thanks for the review it was an amazing review!! I want the G priv next haha

1 Like

you’re very welcome @Kpac, glad you liked it :wink:

Does anyone know if they have fixed the paint issues? I’ve really been thinking about getting the rainbow one. I’ve seen some reviews that say they haven’t had a single problem with the paint, and others that are horrible.

I don’t like the silicone sleeves either. I guess I should just not take a chance. Maybe just get the tank? Which coils offer the best flavor? I like the 35-45w range best usually.

Any opinions are appreciated :slight_smile:

Ok, just a thought but maybe I’m wrong and I mean no disrespect to anyone but, why not use the crap out of the mod till you scratch the heck out of it and then put skin on top? By then a new mod will be out and you know it, you will want that one and scratches won’t be a problem any more.

Just a though is all.

2 Likes

Some people are saying it starts to flake and scratch in the first week.

And once it becomes an uneven surface the wraps don’t stick well and get lots of air bubbles. However, I just found a clear one I could put on before using :wink:

Thank you for the idea!

I have a newbee, question for the Smok Alien since, well I am very new lol… I was wondering weather to use the mod in watt or I don’t even know if mine has temp? I’m sure that crap vape shop said to use it in only watt mode, they said I don’t need voltage mode (not sure if it even has temp). I am using a stock triple coil in the TFV4 jet fuel sucker. What temp would you put it at if I could select temp mode and do you recommend I come off of watt mode? If so what temp setting should I use that would not detonate anything? I have new 4 coils (TFQ4) that I will place into the beast when my first triple blows up, but after 5 weeks I have yet to replace any coil and I am using it at about 85 watts not as my regular vape but when I come home from work.

Man I am happy that I at least bought the right mod considering how raped I got at vape shop… 100 bucks for mod CND, 69.99 for TFV4 tank…bastards… ok I’m still piss’d about it. lol

I have updated to the lates firmware as well 1.2.1 or close, (don’t want to turn mod off lol)

Thanks in advance, vape on…Dawg …out!

@woftam had a spare silicone sleeve, works great and now my basher mod with confidence. No paint problems since, I wasn’t too worried anyways but it did chip when I looked at it. Don’t know about the rainbow batch?

I haven’t seen anyone with the rainbow one but it’s still painted in the same black so my guess would be that it will have the same issue as it’s the black that comes off, mine has a lot of scratches on now and has become my ‘car mod’ lol, I like my mods to look nice, The G-Priv incidentally hasn’t got a single mark on it. it has worked flawlessly though has to be said, and as for the baby beast tank well…I only used it with the RBA so I can’t comment on how good the stock coils are, and I couldn’t get it to stop leaking so I fell out with it and gave it Grubby lol…I’m not good with patience lmao …

2 Likes

hey @DiezelDawg69, I wouldn’t worry too much about using Temp mode, which it does do by the way, most regulated mods do these days, If the Vape shop said only use it in Watts mode he was maybe only advising you since you are new to vaping…I don’t use it, I tried it and it didn’t benefit me in any way so I stick to VW, if VW works for you then I wouldn’t worry :wink:

1 Like

I caved and ordered one :frowning:

But I found this first and will order one of these to put on before use: http://www.jwraps.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Clear-Wrap&CartID=1

Then I saw this. 2 versions? Why, what for, how come? Are they trying to confuse us?

I have literally no idea…I didn’t know this was a thing, It looks like a different OS from what I can gather :worried:

1 Like

I didn’t either until I just ordered it. Sounds like I should be safe as long as I don’t upgrade to the new firmware. Yet. Just info on the forums.

2 Likes

well…paint aside, and whatever chip it uses, it’s still a very solid little mod, I’m sure you’ll love it, :wink:

2 Likes

I’m sure I will. Very excited. I will order the clear wrap and install just for a preventative measure against the paint problem.

2 Likes

yeah I would if I were you, and don’t look directly at it…the paint gets scared…especially if it’s naked…:scream:

4 Likes

I finally got my hands on a alien, and I can honestly say that the TC on it is fucking atrocious.

2 Likes

is it really lol…:confounded:…I wouldn’t know, I never ever use it.

1 Like