Purilum Super Sweet

I am posting this as I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is in Purilum’s Super Sweet.

I know they have an SDS sheet, on the page but it doesn’t list the specific materials.

Only reason this matters is Capella has a Super Sweet, but it has the following ingredients:
‘Water, Sucralose, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate’

Sodium Benzoate is BAD stuff, it causes damage to the human reproductive system.

TPA/TFA has a sweetener, but it only has sucralose in it and nothing else.

So I know TPA’s is safe as they have spent the money to test it, but as for Capella, not so much.

This leads me to ask the same thing about what is inside of Purilum’s “Super Sweet”.

Perhaps @Nicotine_River can offer some advice, or someone else has seen something that I’m missing.

8 Likes

All I gotta say is excellany question.

Lol. Edit. Excellent question. Hahha. Damn auto correct.

4 Likes

Sodium benzoate is bad stuff. Bought some energy drink syrup that had that stuff in it and I turned into a puffer fish. Total bloat and stayed that way most of my shift.

3 Likes

sorry for the late response. Tpa sweetener contains sucralose and ethyl maltol. Don’t know about purilum super sweet but now I want to.

2 Likes

Yeah, right? I was just actually looking at MSDS sheets for various companies today and when I got to Purilum I couldn’t find a thing. I know they don’t use diketones but as for what else they contain, it is a mystery to me. Good catch on the ingredient other than sucralose in TFA Sweetener, but now I am wondering if Maltol and Ethyl Maltol are the same thing…

1 Like

there is a difference between EM and maltol. not sure what that is but can’t be to hard to find out. Now I’m curious so I guess it’s research time.

2 Likes

maltol syrup will give major gas and the shits. its perfect for Christmas parties but the EM doesnt cause the fun stuff

5 Likes

Scroll down to the bottom and the sheets are listed. You can download them.

4 Likes

Cool, thank you. Too bad all it had was “FEMA/GRAS Flavoring Ingredients” which is super vague. Is that the difference between an SDS and an MSDS?

2 Likes

I’m think so but not real sure. I was just looking at the SDS sheet. I guess it’s showing they did testing without putting the active ingredients. That kind of sucks.

2 Likes

thanks. I have seen that stuff in the baking aisle. hope no one would vape that.

4 Likes

Guess one could. Think I’ll stay with the natural sweetness of pure vg.

2 Likes

No difference between MSDS and SDS

They stand for “Safety Data Sheets” and “Material Safety Data Sheet”. Same exact document just different names! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome! You guys are on it :smile:

3 Likes

sucralose is far from safe, known carcinogen. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10773525.2015.1106075?journalCode=yjoh20&

3 Likes

This is why I switched to stevia. Even in consuming it as food, artificial sugars are more toxic to the human body than regular sugar. Sugar is very acidic which promotes the development and growth of diseases such as cancer. Stevia is actually extremely alkaline:

2 Likes

I like adding a little bit of sweetener to certain juices and use cap supper sweet this is a little disturbing. So my question is there a sweetener that will match or come close to cap supper sweet that I don’t have to worry about it causing health issues?

2 Likes

Has anyone tried FLV Sweetness for replacing the sugar and sucralose containing flavors? Flavorah website says “FLV Sweetness is a flavorless sweetness enhancer. Non-fructose, sugar free”

4 Likes

I have considered using it, but after looking at the MSDS sheets, it would appear that they do not say what they use whether it is sucralose, EM, or other. They (@Flavorah) says that they do not hide anything on their MSDS sheets, yet the sheet contains no information on what is in their “Sweetness”. Unless it is a bottle of air or water, something is obviously not being displayed…

If @Flavorah would kindly let us know what they use in their “Sweetness”, it would be much appreciated. They have yet to reply to my messages though…

1 Like

They are not hiding anything - msds are for safe handling of spills if there is nothing toxic in it then there is nothing to put on the msds. Please stop putting a sinister spin on things and try not to rely on msds for an ingredients list.

8 Likes