Purilum Tasting Notes

Lol, I shoplifted all of my flavors, duh…

So lets see here, last ones I did were the Gummy Candy and Jelly Candy…

Gummy Candy- This one was very similar to TFA Gummy Candy, but a bit more smooth. Both still have that not chalky taste, but something almost bitter/ chalky? I am sure it is very difficult to put the taste of gelatin (bones, hoofs, knuckles of a cow, lol) into a flavor. I can say though, this and the jelly candy are distinctly different. I did this at 5% as well, but could not vape on it for long. Perhaps it would be better lower, but even at low %'s I found little in the way of taste. As for the texture, it has a powdery taste but it is almost off-putting? I am very interested to see how others will make this work and what they have to say about it. I could see it mixing well with the jelly candy to make a good gummy flavor.

Jelly Candy- This one was the better of the two, sweet but not overly sweet. Had a good, gummy/ jelly note to it, very clear, no off taste. I used it up to 5% before I was satisfied. Won’t get lost in the background of other flavors, but also won’t take over a mix. Pretty much does what it is supposed to. Very similar to CAP Jelly Candy, but the CAP version has a pineapple note to it and can sometimes taste chalky while this one is very clean. Would vape it by itself, but wouldn’t complain if I had to, it carries enough of it’s own taste while at the same time being a good backdrop. Makes a good fruit snack/ gummy (er, I guess that is what jelly candy is, duh).

More to come, just wanted to start with that. I know @MysticRose has tried quite a few, but I found myself using different (lower) percentages than she did. I am sure it is all a difference in the mod you use and how your taste perceives it, but this thread will not only help with flavor profiles, it will also give a good idea on suggested %'s.

10 Likes

Oh yea, jelly vs gummy, for those who are curious…
http://www.candyblog.net/blog/item/candy_encyclopedia_the_difference_between_gummi_and_jelly

5 Likes

Well dammit, now I know something NEW !!! I think I lean more towards the gummy myself, and have never vaped anything gummy, I think I may have to try. Beyond that, where the @$%#%^$%& can I get the dancing bear rings, as I NEED THEM !!!

5 Likes

I have tried and have tasting notes on all the Purilum flavors except Melon Patch, which is sitting beside me waiting.

They are all under the notes on the recipe side of elr if anyone is interested. If I coped and pasted all my notes here it would take up too much of the thread me thinks :wink:

Unless I have already deleted some of them? I am trying to clean up my flavor list to make it current, but I don’t think I have deleted any of the Purilum yet.

8 Likes

You probably have the MOST notes on the PUR line, not to mention the most extensive ones. Do you know if the notes remain when you delete a flavor from your stash?

5 Likes

No, they don’t. That is why my flavor list is so far out of date, didn’t want to lose the notes :frowning:

7 Likes

@MysticRose No no, PLEASE take over the thread. I saw another (kinda) Purilum thread but it kind of meandered a bit. Can you copy/paste here ??

4 Likes

Dammit, @JoJo caught me.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

It really would put a bunch of boring notes that people will get tired of scrolling through. Although then I could delete some flavors from my stash without feeling bad because all the notes are deleted along with the flavors. It really would be an irritating lot of info to scroll past though :frowning:

7 Likes

I don’t mind…

3 Likes

How about pasting it in a document and putting it on something like dropbox or google docs? Or if you wanted, send it to me and I’ll put it on my Google drive with all the other vape stuff and post a link. Just a thought.

7 Likes

@MysticRose I didn’t mean to sound like I was making “busy work” for you, but I’ve read some of your reviews on NR’s website, and they are outstanding IMO.

7 Likes

Your never boring. You do something magical that I can’t seem to force myself to do.

7 Likes

I don’t speak for everyone, but I wouldn’t mind scrolling through. Granted, I’ll likely read a great number of them.

7 Likes

Just remember, some of you asked for this! And for those that didn’t ask, blame them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

JoJo had the best suggestion with making a file and she could link, but at that point I was already 3/4 done with copying and pasting, and so it was full of asterisks and scores for formatting. If no one minds the symbols we could still do the file and link. Can people that just use cell phones open files? I’m sure they probably can, I just use my tablet more so I am not familiar.

Here we go…

Per request I am posting my notes here. I’m sorry this will be such a huge post. The star ratings I gave are based on how closely I think the flavor tasted like the name, and not necessarily whether I liked it. Example: I think I gave Strawberry Rhubarb Smash 4/5 stars. I can’t stand it as I don’t like strawberry rhubarb, but it was a good replica of the title. Then there are others that I personally wouldn’t buy or use, even though they had a good rating. Example: Bananascotch Cream, even though I rated it a 4/5 (I think) because of how closely it tastes like the name, I personally would not buy and use it. Because the 2 flavors are combined, it limits the versatility for mixing IMO. I could easily make the flavor myself using banana and butterscotch if I want the combination, so why would I limit myself to having to use both together in a profile. However, some people may like it as they only have to spend money on one flavoring to get both, so it’s a 2 for 1 type of thing. Or they may like it as a single flavor, or find it easier to only have to use 1 flavor instead of combining. So it just depends on what you are looking for. And as always, taste is subjective, so you may like something I didn’t or vice versa.

All flavors were tested with a 30/70 mix with no nicotine.

The following flavors were tested using a Troll RDA with a wickless single SS .8 ohm Clapton coil at 20W.

ARCTIC MINT

Percentage Used: 2%

Stars: 5/5

Steep Time: 6 Day and 2 Weeks

Aroma: Wintergreen or spearmint, fresh, crisp.

Flavor Description: At a 6 day steep this is a naturally sweet spearmint, slightly cool and clean. I couldn’t detect any off flavors, and it’s not overly sweet like a candy. At a 2 week steep this is a wonderful refreshing mint. I can’t figure out if I’m tasting spearmint or wintergreen though. I am leaning more towards spearmint as I’m getting that faint fruitiness that is usually found in spearmint and it’s very refreshing which is more common to spearmint. And the bite of the menthol in this is just slightly lower than peppermint but more than is usually in spearmint. It also is missing any hints of green or pine type flavor. Ok, based on all that jumbled criteria, I am going to say this is a moderately sweet refreshing spearmint with a little heavier level of menthol. Soothing and cool with that light generic fruitiness in the back note.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 5/10

Pairings: Almost any fruit, tobaccos, creams, coffees, teas, candy, mints, chocolate, cucumbers.

Notes: I can taste a nice spearmint gum with this as a single flavor at 2-4%. Also a fantastic accent at .5-2% paired with watermelon which is one of my favorite pairings. I think tobaccos and teas will be great with this one as well.

Comparison: FA White Winter is very similar, however it has a slight creaminess that isn’t obvious in PUR’s, and PUR is heavier in the menthol which gives it a little more of a cold kick and makes it seem a bit more refreshing.

BAVARIAN CREAM

Percentage Used: 7%

Stars: 1/5

Steep Time: 19 Days

Aroma: Medium strength, warm cream, caramel, vanilla.

Flavor Description: At a 19 day steep, the flavor is almost non-existent to me. There is a very slight hint of slightly caramelized vanilla if you really concentrate. It seems more milky rather than creamy, and is missing the richness usually found in Bavarian Creams. I will have to give it a longer steep and/or try a much higher percentage. At 19 days though it seems it should be at least a little creamy and flavorful, but it’s possible this flavor requires a longer steep to fully develop.

Throat Hit: 1/10

Uses and Pairings: Desserts, bakeries, and custards. Any fruits other than citrus. Vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, cookie, chocolate, coffee, irish cream, other creams.

Notes: Compared to LA, TFA, and FW: PUR is about 1/4 the strength. Lacking flavor, creaminess and vanilla for me.

BOYSENBERRY

Percentage Used: 6%

Stars: 3/5

Steep Time: 2 Weeks

Aroma: Fresh boysenberries, sweet and tart.

Flavor Description: This is an authentic fresh boysenberry that’s not artificial tasting. This one is a brighter berry, slightly closer to the raspberry side than the blackberry. I’m not getting the juiciness with this one, it actually seems a bit dry to me. It doesn’t taste like it’s sweetened or has sugar added, but seems slightly sweeter than natural. It’s missing that tartness usually found in fresh boysenberries, and I think that is why it seems sweeter.

Throat Hit: 2/10

Pairings: All other berries, apple, pears, coconut, honey, apricots, peaches, nut, cardamon, cinnamon, cream cheese, creams, ice cream, custard, tobaccos, smoothies, rum, sherry.

Notes: This is a lighter strength flavoring, and it’s pleasant but average. It’s not great, but not bad either. It’s kind of one note, missing richness and complexity. For me I think a good strength for a single flavor is 7-9% and 2.5-4% in mixes.

BOYSENBERRY PRESERVES

Aroma: Boysenberries, sweetness, slight perfume/floral.

Flavor Description: This is a sweet medium strength boysenberry. It’s not artificial tasting, but it’s not a fresh sweet and tart berry either. The taste is a dark, ripe and juicy boysenberry that has been cooked down with sugar, like a jam or pie filling. The inhale is deep rich blackberry/boysenberry and the exhale brings the brighter notes with just a faint tang.

Throat Hit: 4/10 It does have a just little bite to it.

Pairings: All other berries, apple, pears, coconut, honey, nut, cardamon, cinnamon, cream cheese, creams, ice cream, custard,cookies, cakes, pies, tarts, danishes, bakeries, tobaccos. This is an excellent choice for any baked goods as the fruit already has that cooked flavor and will blend well.

Notes: The floral perfume aroma present in the concentrate has steeped out, and I don’t taste or smell any in this at the 2 week steep. It wasn’t extremely prominent, just a hint. I recommend 48-72 hours steep at minimum to avoid it, and the slight bite from the berry really drops off after the 1 week mark. For me I think a nice strength for a single flavor is 5-8% and 1.5-3% in mixes.

BUTTER CREAM

Steep Time: 3 Days and 2 Weeks

Aroma: Aroma: sweet, butter, cream, slight rancid sour (BA?).

Flavor Description: At a 3 day steep I found this to be a dense, creamy, authentic rich butter. Naturally sweet similar to sweet cream butter, not a butter cream frosting. Butter flavor is dominant and very authentic, nothing artificial and definitely not like margarine. At a 2 week steep, the butter flavor has smoothed out just slightly with a longer steep into a more balanced butter with cream, the butter is not quite as dominant as when freshly mixed. It still a lovely creamy butter flavor, sweet and natural tasting. It has more of a rich fluffy whipped type mouth feel/body with the longer steep. This could easily be used as a dense rich butter flavor in the first few days, but it developed into a good whipped and fluffy butter cream with the additional steep time.

Throat Hit: 0/10

Pairings: Almost any fruit you like with cream especially berries, try to avoid citrus and acidic fruits. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, nuts, tobaccos, bagels, cookies, cakes, pie crusts, custards, pastries. Anywhere you want butter.

Notes: I was worried a little bit about it being too delicate to hold up to stronger flavors. It still needs more testing to see what it will provide to a variety of flavors. However, I did mix 2.5 mls of the 6% tester with 2.5mls of pre-steeped Elephant Ear, and it’s a delicious buttery frosted pastry with an amazing body.

Comparison: CAP Butter Cream is a little less sweet and also has great body and a creamy mouth feel. It’s butter flavor is more artificially flavored than PUR’s and also has a faint astringent chemical note that does steep out when used in low percentages. CAP’s is more of a cream with the butter being a lighter back note vs PUR’s which is more of a sweet butter with the cream being the lighter back note. I personally prefer the flavor of PUR as the butter is authentic and more prominent, without having any chemical off flavors. However, I also think there are recipes where CAP’s will work better, it’s all dependent on the flavor profile you are seeking to create.

This is not a SF candidate for my tastes. I recommend 1-3% as an accent flavor.

BUTTER MINT

Percentage Used: 2%

Steep Time: 6 Days and 2 Weeks

Aroma: peppermint candy, candy cane, butter mint.

Flavor Description: At a 6 day steep this is a smooth, sweet, candied peppermint. It’s very much a butter mint with the familiar body and buttery creamy mouth texture, not the hard candy or candy cane. Although it could be taken in that direction in mixes if desired. It provides a chilly cooling sensation without being peppery or too strong. At a 2 week steep this has mellowed slightly. I don’t want to say the flavor has faded, it hasn’t. I guess the best way to describe it is that it has continued to smooth out and become silky. It’s still a wonderful creamy butter mint. The buttery creaminess is very distinctive in a good way.

Pairings: I can see this being used to provide light peppermint to gums, cookies, teas, beverages, tobacco. This will also add a very buttery minty creaminess to chocolates, ice creams, coffees, custards, cheesecakes, milkshakes. Or make flavored butter mints by adding vanillas or fruits.

Notes: Although this did settle a bit with the steep, this was also very good as a S&V. It’s just slightly stronger for the first few days, but still smooth, mouth-watering and delicious. For a SF I would probably bump it up to 3-4%, and .5-2% as an accent.

BUTTER PECAN

Aroma: Baked pecans, butter, caramel, cream.

Flavor Description: At a 3 day steep I’m in love. Nutty, buttery, slightly creamy, mildly sweet. Smooth, authentic fresh roasted pecans are dominant yet not heavy like candy. At a 2 week steep this has become much richer. The pecans are still very dominant, in a good way. The butter and caramel has really strengthened and stands up equally to the pecans now, and the dairy cream type creaminess has faded a little. It’s still creamy, but it’s more the rich creaminess you get from butter rather than milk or cream. Well balanced with the ratio of caramel to pecans, it avoids being overly sweet and candy like while still being rich and buttery. Delicious :slight_smile:

Pairings: Almost any stone fruit and definitely banana. Bakeries, cookies, cakes, creams, custards, coffees, tobaccos, candy, nougat, ice cream.

Notes: For single flavor I recommend 6-8% in an RDA and 7-9% in a tank. For an accent flavor probably in the 1-4% range. So yummy! Just in case you missed it, I really like this :wink:

Comparison: Compared to FW, this is more natural pecan that has been browned in sweet cream butter and caramel. The pecan nut is more prominent and it’s moderately sweet. FW has a lot stronger and heavier cream component, almost like a butter pecan ice cream. It’s also sweeter and the pecan isn’t quite as dominant. Both of these are very good and will provide different notes to recipes.

CAPPUCCINI COFFEE

Stars: 4/5

Aroma: Strong dark roasted coffee bean, warm cream, chocolate?

Flavor Description: At a 3 day steep this is a medium roast coffee, robust, milky, back notes of chocolate and faint vanilla. Slight bitterness of the coffee bean at the beginning of the inhale, followed with surprising sweetness although it seems slightly dry. It’s very good, I wasn’t expecting the sweetness. At the 2 week steep mark this hasn’t changed drastically so it would make a good shake and vape. The slight dryness did disappear with the longer steep time, but it wasn’t overly bothersome in the beginning. The warm cream is mild and has smoothed out just slightly and it’s still a robust roast with that surprising sweetness at the end. The mild bitterness/darkness of the coffee bean is also now more noticable on the beginning of the exhale as well, so overall this has become more balanced during both inhale and exhale. This is the first coffee flavor I have found that I like, actually tasting like freshly brewed coffee versus the typical instant coffee taint.

Off Flavors: None, slightly dry for the first few days.

Throat Hit: 3/10

Pairings: Irish Cream, amaretto, brandy, creams, white and milk chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, creme de menthe, vanillas, toffee, malted milk, meringue, salted caramel, toasted marshmallow, whipped cream, cinnamon, biscotti, butter pecan, butter rum, cookies, cakes, nuts, tobaccos.

Notes: I don’t like black unsweetened coffee, this is great with the cream and sweetening coming through. I recommend 4-6% in an RDA and 6-8% in a tank for SF. Accent in the 1-3% range.

CEREAL

Steep Time: 7 Weeks

Aroma: Mild, grain, corn flakes or rice krispies. Flakes seem dominant?

Flavor Description: This is one of the better cereals I’ve tasted. Mild naturally sweet crispy corn flakes. It has the slight grain flavor without being dry. Noticeable full mouth feel, this has an authentic generic cereal flavor, and has avoided the sandy over done oat flavor I usually get from most cereals. This is going to be a very versatile flavor.

Pairings: Cereals, desserts, bakeries, crust, anywhere you want to add body. Breads, donuts, dough, any fruit, cream, milk, vanilla, cookie, apple pie, custards, cake.

Notes: I’m planning on using 7-9% for SF and 2-6% for blends.

CHEESECAKE GRAHAM

Aroma: Medium strength, creamy vanilla, graham cracker dominant.

Flavor Description: Very, very good. Graham cracker crust is very dominant and good strength, and it tastes like the crackers moistened with a creamy butteriness. I’m not getting a lot of cheesecake itself, but it’s the best graham crust I’ve tried, with the sweet buttery moistness that has been missing in other brands. I am also getting notes of creamy coconut very similar to Purilum’s NY Cheesecake during the first 2 weeks. This is going to be a very popular flavor for me. Some people may find the coconut is too prominent, especially if they don’t like it, or it doesn’t work for the intended flavor profile during the first week or two. It’s less noticeable at lower percentages and does steep out, it’s the intensity of the graham cracker until it mellows.

Off Flavors: Coconut

Throat Hit: 3/10 Gets better with steeping.

Pairings: Desserts, bakeries, cookies, cereals, custards, anywhere you want body. Vanilla, cheesecake, fruits except citrus, cookie, pies, crust, butter, any creams, custard, condensed milk, cakes.

Notes: Very good strength at 7% for SF and 1.5-4% in blends. Compared to CAP Cheesecake Graham, this is much more authentic. Not as creamy as Caps, but it actually tastes like a real buttery graham crust itself.

CONDENSED MILK

Aroma: Faint milky cream, sugar.

Flavor Description: This tastes like a sweet dense thick cream. It has great mouth feel and body, the cream flavor being more prominent than milk. I would describe it as moderately sweet cream on steroids. It’s very close, but missing the richness and extreme sweetness of Condensed Milk. This will be a really versatile flavor that will pair well with almost any flavor.

Pairings: Desserts, custards, coffees, bakeries, cookies, vanillas, cereals. This will be a really versatile flavor that will pair well with almost any flavor.

Notes: This is not a SF for me, 2-6% in blends.

COUNTRY APPLE

Aroma: Strong, realistic apple, fresh, juicy, tangy, sour.

Flavor Description: This is a very good and unique apple as it tastes like it’s been cooked. I can taste the sweet flesh of the apple, along with just a hint of rind. Natural realistic flavor, not crisp and sour. It does have the normal faint tanginess though. No spices or sugar, just slow simmered tender apple.

Off Flavors: Slight peel.

Pairings: This is a great apple for bakeries, perfect for pie filling or apple danishes or dumplings. Most any fruit that pairs well with apple. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, cinnamon, clove, maple, brown sugar, caramel.

Notes: Good strength for SF at 7-9%. 2-6% for blends.

Compared to FA Fuji, this is much different. It’s not as overwhelmingly dominant, so I can see it being much easier to work with in recipes. It is also missing that fresh tart crisp sharpness that is in FA’s version. I think they are both very good, it just depends on what you are looking for in your recipe.

CREAM DREAM

Aroma: Strawberries, peaches, cream.

Flavor Description: Medium strength play doh with very light back notes of strawberry and faint peach. It seems like it’s dry as well, I’m not getting any cream. The play doh is overwhelming and is really getting in my way of even describing the nuances. The only time I have ever gotten that play doh is with doughnut flavorings. So I’m assuming some is in there for body and/or sweetness? Or it could be way too much AP? I’ve never used so much AP that I’ve gotten the doh taste so I’m not sure if that is a possibility? I could smell slight play doh when scenting the concentrate itself, but it disappeared with the steep. Please add some input in the comments on this one if you’ve tried it, especially from those that have either bad or good experiences with doughnut flavors.

Off Flavors: Play Doh

Pairings: Creams? Juicy fruits? I’m a little lost on this one, I’m sorry.

Notes: If you are sensitive to doughnut flavoring like I am, this is one you’ll want to avoid. I’m not going to try any lower percentages as I know I will just get the same thing, just maybe weaker.

FRESH COCONUT

Aroma: Medium strength, realistic, creamy, milky, fleshy coconut.

Flavor Description: This is a stunningly delicious and authentic fresh coconut. Very realistic meaty coconut, creamy milk, and moderately sweet. Not as sweet as sweetened coconut but a little bit sweeter than natural. I’m thinking the natural sweetness of the VG might be adding a little to it, very very good!

Off Flavors: Slight plastic the first 2 days, then disappeared.

Pairings: Most any fruit, especially pineapple, peaches, melons. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos.

Notes: 7% is a really good strength for a SF. I am going to try 1.5-4% in blends. I do love FA coconut, but this one is edging it out I think.

GOLDEN PINEAPPLE

Aroma: Medium strength, tangy, sweet, slightly artificial, canned pineapple.

Flavor Description: Juicy lightly sweetened canned pineapple. Very realistic and good flavor, doesn’t have that acidic tartness you get with fresh pineapple. Could be very versatile depending on the application, but it does have some flavor fade and becomes quite weak after a steep at this level.

Pairings: Any tropical fruit, especially mangos, papayas, coconut, melons. Cookies, cakes, lighter creams, nuts, brown sugar, cream cheese.

Notes: 7% is too low a percentage for longer steeps. It will require further testing, but it’s going to need quite a bit more to maintain strength for long. SF I would say 5-8% if used within 2 weeks and 1.5-5% in blends. For best results I really recommend vaping in 2 weeks or less after mixing.

Compared to CAP’s Golden Pineapple, this is very similar in flavor profile. Not as strong or tangy, but also not as sharp and acidic.

GUMMY CANDY

Aroma: Strong sweet tart candy, fruity.

Flavor Description: Yummy! Very vibrant generic fruitiness with a very authentic gummy candy flavor. Sweet and tart, and juicy. This is not like real fruit gummy bears, it’s the actual gummy candy. Pretty strong at this percentage.

Off Flavors: Unpleasantly strong artificial and faint chemical taste for the first week.

Pairings: Any fruit. Or combination of fruits. Candy.

Notes: This isn’t a SF candidate for my tastes, but I would keep it around 7% if going for it. I’m thinking 2-5% with pretty much any fruit flavors or blends would be really good.

JELLY CANDY

Steep Time: 5 Days

Aroma: Tangy Fruit, Sugar.

Flavor Description: I’m getting a generic fruitiness with a hint of tanginess and moderately juicy. The taste is so realistic I swear it feels like it’s been coated with sugar. This smells AMAZING!

Off Flavors: Very artificial and sugar is overpowering the first 2-3 days. Steeps out.

Pairings: Any fruit. Or combination of fruits. Candy. Jams and jellies, doughnut filling.

Notes: I think this will add a candy like flavor to almost any artificial flavored fruit and a jelly/jam flavor to fresh fruit flavors at the right strength. With the addition of fruits I can see it being a very authentic jelly candy in the 5-7% range, and a jam or jelly in the neighborhood of 1.5-3%. If it strengthens much more with a longer steep I will probably bump them down a little.

KIGOLA

Percentage Used: 8%

Aroma: Ripe strawberries, kiwi. Sweetness, tanginess.

Flavor Description: This starts with fresh naturally sweetened ripe strawberry, I’m not getting any artificial or candy tones from this one. About mid inhale the kiwi comes out to play, slightly tangy and juicy. The kiwi is also very natural flavored as well, and continues through the exhale while lingering on the tongue. This is very well balanced and both play well together. It’s got a very nice body to it with great vapor production. It’s naturally sweet like fresh fruit should be, not overdone at all.

Pairings: Any fruit for a fruit salad or mixed fruit, watermelon, coconut, creams, custards, fruit juices and cocktails, fruit smoothies, tropical blends, koolada, sour.

Notes: This is a very refreshing and natural fruit blend. Very simple but a great single flavor at 8%. I’d probably use 6-9% for a single flavor and 2-4% in a mix.

LEMON SICILIAN

Stars: 2/5

Aroma: Mild lemon juice.

Flavor Description: Very faint lemon juice, slightly sweet with a hint of acidity/zest. Lemon concentrate diluted with water. This is almost flavorless at 7 weeks. I will have to try it freshly mixed to see if it’s different.

Pairings: To be honest, I’m not going to recommend any pairings right now as the flavor is so faint I believe it will be dominated by any additional flavor.

Notes: This is probably another victim of the all too familiar lemon flavor fade. At a guess, I would say use this in less than 2 weeks after mixing or not at all. Further testing required.

MANGO

Aroma: Sweet faintly generic fruit. Juicy, tropical.

Flavor Description: At a 3 day steep I taste a sweet, juicy, and very mild fleshy fruit. Slightly generic with tropical notes, if I didn’t know the name I wouldn’t be able to figure it out. Maybe it needs a higher strength or longer steep? After 2 weeks this has changed dramatically. It has developed into a very authentic naturally sweet and ripe mango. Not an overly ripe cloying sweetness. It’s extremely refreshing and has a noticeable body with no hint of the skin.

Pairings: Almost any fruit, especially banana and tropical varieties. Citrus, pineapple, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut, melon, nuts.

Notes: This one needs a longer steep to fully develop so don’t give up too early. For use as a single flavor I would recommend 5-6% for an RDA and around 7-8% for a tank. 1-4% used as an accent.

MARSHMALLOW

Aroma: sticky sugar, faint vanilla.

Flavor Description: At a 3 day steep this is give me a spoon yummy!! It tastes just like that plastic tub of light and fluffy marshmallow creme. Slightly sweet, moist, airy, and a light vanilla. At a 2 week steep this has lost that sticky marshmallow crème it had before, and has developed into the most realistic marshmallow flavor I have tasted yet, even down to the powdery sweet outside of the marshmallow and the fluffy but still chewy body/mouth feel. Except…vanilla. It still seems to have a noticeable vanilla flavor to me, which may put a few limitations on what you can mix it with, but very few as most things taste great with vanilla. Maybe it’s the sweetness that I am reading as vanilla? I will be very interested in hearing other’s opinions.

Off Flavors: Vanilla

Pairings: Almost any fruit. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos, bakeries, desserts. Almost anything.

Notes: Have I mentioned that I love this? And yes, that is very subjective and you may hate it with a passion. Like I hate FA Joy when I’m craving a flat warm beer, like never! This is going to be an amazing additive for sweetness and/or body. If you like marshmallow as a single flavor, I would recommend 6-8% in an RDA and for a tank around 7-9%. As an accent anywhere from .5-5% depending on the flavor or effect you are trying to achieve.

Comparison: CAP’s is also very sweet, but is missing that body/mouth feel and doesn’t really taste like marshmallow to me, just generic sweetness. FA is a very good marshmallow, it has a sweet and mild marshmallow flavor that has a fantastic thick mouth feel and body. The marshmallow flavor is delicate and usually overwhelmed easily with the addition of addition flavors. I use it as a sweetener and body enhancer rather than flavor. RF is very similar to FA in that it’s a great sweetener and body enhancer with a very mild actual marshmallow flavor. PUR’s version actually has a moderate to full marshmallow flavor itself along with body and it’s not just a generic sweetness. But, as I’ve only tested the single flavor so far I’m not sure how strongly the flavor itself will stand out against other flavors.

20 Likes

@MysticRose Thank you VERY much for taking the time, to share what’s in your head, with us. :slight_smile: This of course WILL, put immense pressure on the REST of us, to try and keep up with you.

5 Likes

MERINGUE

Steep Time: 6 Days

Aroma: Mild burnt sugar, sweet, slight caramel.

Flavor Description: Sticky sugary sweetness. I can’t taste egg whites (good thing). Moderate caramelized/burnt sugar, no fluffy mouth feel at this point. Still very good and meringues usually require steeping to develop texture. Compared to FA, this one has more pronounced caramelization and less egg white, also less fluffy mouth feel. The PUR has better flavor, but texture is lacking. Will update with further steeping. Would I buy this over FA, yes. Even if it doesn’t develop texture, the flavor is better and I can always add texture with other creams.

Pairings: Almost any flavor to add sweetness. Peaches, bananas, desserts, cookies, pastries, cakes, pies, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos.

Notes: This is not a SF for me. I’m thinking 2-6% in blends.

Update: The body, fluffiness, and mouth feel did develop more with longer steeping. This one is my preference for Meringue of FA vs PUR. I still have an unopened bottle of TFA to test :frowning:

NEW YORK CHEESECAKE

Steep Time: 5 Days

Aroma: Medium strength, sour cheese, graham cracker, hint of vanilla.

Flavor Description: It’s so yummy. Nothing like any other brands, and in a good way. I swear I’m tasting coconut and graham cracker? Vanilla stands out along with thick cream. None of that sour feet yuck, not a hint. As of now I’m not really getting cheesecake either though, more like a velvety buttery cream coconut cream with graham crust. I am sure that will change with a longer steep as it’s only been 5 days. Really surprised at how creamy it is in such a short time.

Off Flavors: Coconut, goes away with steep.

Pairings: Most any fleshy fruit or berries, no citrus. Cookies, cakes, pastries, donuts, cheesecakes, creams, custards, nuts, caramel, butterscotch, chocolate, crust, peanut butter, vanillas.

Notes: Comparing this to CAP NY Cheesecake? I can’t. CAP has a tangy/sour, very lightly sweetened thick creaminess with a dryness to it. At this point I wouldn’t even describe PUR as cheesecake. I would call it coconut cream pie w/graham crust. For at least the first week But I love it! Would I buy it…Yes, repeatedly. It’s a very unique flavor that doesn’t have anything similar from other manufacturers that I’m aware of. Will update after a longer steep.

EDIT: The hint of coconut steeped out. It seems it was the note I was getting from the graham cracker at first that mellowed with time. I’m not sure at what week it went from being Coconut Pie to NY Cheesecake, but it happened. Two flavors in one, S&V is Coconut Pie with Graham crust. Then it turns into a wonderfully thick creamy tangy cheesecake with a more pronounced graham crust than CAP’s.

NILLA WAFER WITH MILK

Aroma: Medium strength vanilla, milk, animal cracker?

Flavor Description: Vanilla Malted Milk is what I taste. Definitely getting the milk from this with a vanilla malt back note. I’m not getting vanilla wafer from it at this percentage. I am getting a slightly sweet, mildly creamy milk with a faint hint of cookie dipped in milk. Nice body and fullness in the mouth feel as well. Also similar to the milk left in the bowl after eating cereal. I will have to try this out at a higher percentage to see if the Vanilla Wafer flavor comes out more. Very interesting malty flavor that I think will be very versatile in adding different things to a recipe depending on what you mix it with.

Off Flavors: Malt?

Pairings: Shakes, cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos, pudding, toffee, coffee.

Notes: This is not a SF for me, probably 1.5-6% in blends.

PARADISO

Aroma: Fruit? Vanilla cake? Cream.

Flavor Description: This is a light and bright dessert, although very sweet it’s not rich and heavy. On the inhale I’m getting a delicate juicy fruit, I think it’s mango or something similar. Following that is a fluffy moist vanilla cake. It has a nice creamy note, almost like a whipped cream topping, it’s not dense or heavy. There is a noticeable toasted back note similar to toasted marshmallow, which provides a great lightly baked affect to the cake.

Off Flavors: Mango, lack of coconut.

Throat Hit: 5/10 I do get a moderate throat hit on this one

Pairings: Tropical fruits, papaya, guava, banana, apple, nectarines, coconut. Cookies, cakes, creams, custards, lighter creamy nuts like almonds, tobaccos.

Notes: So I’m a little confused by this one. It’s a very nice flavor, but I’m not tasting any coconut, or a macaroon. This is the description from the website:

“This flavor is for those who enjoy extreme Coconut concentrations.
For Coconut lovers out there this will be one of your favorites! This Coconut macaroon type dessert/cookie is synonymous with paradise. Try it with other desserts or alone for an all day delight!”

What I get from this is a delicious white layer cake with a sweet mango filling that is frosted with fluffy whipped topping. With a unique toasted note.

RASPBERRY

Aroma: Mild strength, realistic raspberry, ripe.

Flavor Description: This is a very authentic naturally sweet raspberry. Juicy and refreshing without any off or perfume flavors, I can almost taste the berry bursting in my mouth. Not overly sweetened nor artificial at all. Very, very good. Compared to other flavors, I think this is closest to INW Raspberry with it’s realistic flavors, but without the slightly bitter/perfume I can sometimes taste with INW. Compared to TFA Sweet Raspberry, this is not as sweet and artificial and doesn’t taste like candy at all. I would positively buy this before either of them.

Pairings: Apples, other berries. Cookies, cakes, creams, pastries, custards, nuts, chocolate, jams or jellies, cobbler, oats, vanilla.

Notes: Great at 7% for a SF, I am thinking 1.5-3% for blends.

11 Likes

STRAWBERRY (RIPE)

Aroma: Strong, strawberry, slightly artificial, faint chemical.

Flavor Description: A very authentic fully ripened strawberry with a natural sweetness, it is missing body. However, it is a very realistic fresh strawberry. No hints of artificial notes or candied strawberries.

Pairings: Most any fruit except citrus.Especially bananas, kiwis, peaches, melons. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, shortcake, biscuits. Shakes, milk, whipped cream.

Notes: Moderate strength at this percentage, I think this would be good layered with other strawberries in blends at 4-7%. Not complex enough for a SF for my tastes.

STRAWBERRY BISCUIT

Percentage Used: 9%

Aroma: Strawberry candy, baked shortcake biscuit.

Flavor Description: First thing that hits me is a sweet slightly artificial strawberry on the inhale, and on the exhale it mellows into that slightly cooked flavor like you get with a jar of strawberry preserves. It lingers a bit on the tongue, and has a very sweet juicy aroma. In the back you can taste a little bit of one of those fluffy baking soda style home baked biscuits. This is NOT a cookie style biscuit. Then it’s drizzled with just a touch of sweet cream salted butter. The flavor is definitely strawberry dominate, and the biscuit is amazingly authentic, although I’d like a bit more of it. This has a nice body and mouth feel to it, definitely not flat tasting.

Off Flavors: Slightly artificial strawberry?

Pairings: Kiwi, banana, other berries. whipped cream, butter, butter cream, cakes, custards, frosting, milk/dairy.

Notes: I get a lot of strawberry accented with a very small amount of biscuit, and I’d rather have it the other way. I want the full sized biscuit accented with the strawberry. But even through the strong strawberry, the first thing I think of when vaping it is a hot, fresh baked strawberry scone. I’m going to add a bit of Purilum Butter Cream to bring that forward more, and maybe try just a drop of AP to try to bring out the biscuit. I actually think it’s a bit strong for me at 9% as well, even though other users have said they like it up to 12%. I’m going to go down to 5-6% as a single flavor and see if it balances out a little better.

STRAWBERRY SWIRL

Steep Time: 3 Days and 4 Weeks

Aroma: Sweet strawberry candy. Creamy. Not cream. Almost like the strawberry and cream lifesavers.

Flavor Description: Very artificial strawberry candy. A slight hint of creaminess, but not cream. I think it’s trying to be a strawberry swirl lifesaver, but it’s not. Very generic and very very sweet. At 4 weeks this hasn’t changed much for me. Sweet artificial strawberry candy, still has a light hint of creaminess. I’m at a loss on what else to say about this one.

Pairings: Almost any fruit. Whipped cream, vanillas, ice cream?

Notes: This is a pretty good strength for a stand alone, maybe 6-9%. If you like strawberry candy you will probably like this. I can’t really think of anything I would use this in for a recipe. Please let me know if you come up with any good recipes with it.

STRAWBERRY TAFFY

Aroma: Medium strength strawberry taffy, candy.

Flavor Description: I didn’t get to test this one at a shorter steep, and so I am wondering if the strawberry has faded over the 7 weeks as is notorious with strawberries. It’s a very good strawberry taffy flavor, but not strong enough at this percentage. The strawberry is there, and slightly more prominent than the taffy. The strawberry note is similar to Strawberry Ripe with an added bump of artificial. Not a hard candy flavor, definitely taffy. Just needs a higher percentage for SF.

Pairings: Other fruits that are good with strawberry like bananas, kiwi, rhubarb, creams, candy.

Notes: I think 9-12% will be much better for a SF, buy will have to test to know for sure.

SWEET STRAWBERRY

Steep Time: 21 Days

Aroma: Medium strength strawberry candy, fresh, slightly green, with a hint of artificial strawberry.

Flavor Description: This is a very authentically flavored fresh strawberries with sugar. It doesn’t taste artificial or candy like. The strawberry is in the front of the inhale, with a strong sugar and faint strawberry exhale. It reminds me of fresh cut strawberries sweetened with sugar that you would use in strawberry shortcake. It’s delicious, but I still think I would mix this with another strawberry for more depth as I haven’t tasted one yet that doesn’t improve with layering. I’m also going to try this at a higher and a lower percentage to see what happens, I’m a curious sort. But with how dominant the sugar is at just 7%, I’m afraid it’s going to make that aspect worse.

Pairings: Most any fruit, especially other berries, kiwi, banana, melons. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, shortcakes, biscuits, pastries, cobblers, donuts, gummy or jelly candy.

Notes: I’m thinking SF 8-12% and blends 4-7%. PUR is similar to CAP Sweet Strawberry as the sugar is stronger and more dominant while the strawberry is more of a back note. However CAP is more artificial candy like flavor vs PUR which is more overly sweetened fresh strawberry. I would have to find a less sweet fresh strawberry flavor to mix with it to balance it in a recipe, I wouldn’t like it as the only strawberry component.

SWEET TOBACCO

Percentage Used: 4%

Aroma: Toasty leaf, oak, vanilla, nutty.

Flavor Description: At 3 days this has a light smoky woodiness, very smooth and sweet leaf. Definitely a dessert tobacco, getting a rich caramel and nutty flavor. It’s almost a faint hint of coconut, but probably more pecan? I can’t quite figure it out. At a 2 week steep the nuttiness is the dominant flavor, pecan or walnut? It has a light woody back note with sweet tobacco leaf and caramel mid notes. I’m not getting any noticeable vanilla anymore. Either I was mistaken and it wasn’t there to begin with, or it is has become buried now that the caramel nuttiness has strengthened. The flavors have married together more smoothly with the longer steep time. This one makes an excellent single flavor, I’m really enjoying this.

Pairings: Coffee, nuts, vanillas, caramels, berries or cherry, other tobaccos, some creams, brandy, whiskey, chai tea.

Notes: As a single flavor I’d mix this at 5-7% in an RDA and 6-8% in a tank. As an accent flavor 1-5%.

TOBACCO BOURBON

Aroma: Toasty leaf, oak, vanilla, nutty.

Flavor Description: At 3 days this has a light smoky woodiness, very smooth and sweet leaf. Definitely a dessert tobacco, getting a rich caramel and nutty flavor. It’s almost a faint hint of coconut, but probably more pecan? I can’t quite figure it out. At a 2 week steep the nuttiness is the dominant flavor, pecan or walnut? It has a light woody back note with sweet tobacco leaf and caramel mid notes. I’m not getting any noticeable vanilla anymore. Either I was mistaken and it wasn’t there to begin with, or it is has become buried now that the caramel nuttiness has strengthened. The flavors have married together more smoothly with the longer steep time. This one makes an excellent single flavor, I’m really enjoying this.

Pairings: Coffee, nuts, vanillas, caramels, berries or cherry, other tobaccos, some creams, brandy, whiskey, chai tea.

Notes: As a single flavor I’d mix this at 5-7% in an RDA and 6-8% in a tank. As an accent flavor 1-5%.

TROPICAL BLEND

Aroma: Medium strength, pineapple, coconut, mango or guava?

Flavor Description: Nummy! Refreshing, juicy, creamy, complex and very well balanced. Fresh coconut, pineapple, guava, and maybe a hint of watermelon? I’m not sure of all the flavors yet, but none overwhelms each other. It’s very smooth, no acidity or harshness that is common with pineapple. Tastes like I’m laying on a hot beach with one of those frosty fruit cocktails served in a pineapple with a cute umbrella.

Pairings: Anything you would normally mix with fruits. Berries, banana, punch, rum, sweet cream, fresh cream, Koolada, mints, menthol.

Notes: Easily a good SF blend. Good strength at 7-9% range and 1.5-5% in blends. I can’t think of another flavor I have tried that is similar to this for comparison. Would I buy this? In a heartbeat. I can see this being my summertime ADV with and without Koolada.

VANILLA CUSTARD

Aroma: Medium strength, vanilla, cream, pudding.

Flavor Description: Smooth, creamy, thick vanilla cream with a hint of butter in the back. I’m not getting any egg notes, more of a pudding like flavor and texture, and the vanilla is prominent without overpowering. Surprisingly good and full flavored for such a short steep.

Comparing this to CAP’s V1, which is my favorite, this is about equal in strength and percentage. PUR is not as rich and heavy, and doesn’t have the egginess and dark vanilla, in a good way. It is easy to become tired of CAP’s at times due to the richness, like eating too much dessert. PUR has a brighter and more prominent vanilla creaminess. Compared to FLV, PUR is not as concentrated 4-6% vs 8-11%. PUR is slightly more vanilla prominent and creamy than FLV, similar in flavor profiles otherwise. FLV tastes a little more mild/watered down/milky rather than creamy in comparison. Would I buy this? Yes, I am a custard lover, and I can see myself using this quite often.

Pairings: Most any fruit, especially fleshy fruits and berries. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos, caramel, salted caramel, butter pecan, butterscotch, cheesecake, cake batter, graham cracker, pudding.

Notes: I’m thinking 8-11% SF, 2-6% in blends.

WATERMELON

Aroma: Medium strength watermelon Bubbilicious bubblegum.

Flavor Description: Juicy artificial watermelon. This tastes just like the Jolly Rancher Candy, just not quite as strong. I think it will be spot on at a slightly higher percentage. This is also going to be delicious with the Jelly Candy. Very close to the Bubblicious gum as well if there is a bubblegum flavor available to complete it, if it even needs it.

Compared to Lorann’s, which is my favorite watermelon candy, this beats it hands down. PUR is much stronger and has that slight tangy bite in the background that is missing in Lorann’s, and is more complex over all. It also seems more juicy tasting. Would I buy this? Yes, I would get this over LA.

Pairings: Gum, hard candy, jelly candy, gummy candy, taffy, spearmint, menthol?

Notes: I’m thinking 9-11% for a SF and 2-6% in a blend.

WHITE GRAPE

Aroma: Very sweet, bright candy, grape juice.

Flavor Description: At a 3 day steep it’s very, very sweet. It’s almost a mild generic fruity candy. Faint white grape flavor with strong artificial notes that taste quite similar to a milder version of the previous tester Gummy Candy. At a 2 week steep the generic overly sweetened fruit candy has disappeared completely. It has turned in an authentic white grape juice. It’s still very sweet as grape juice tends to be, juicy and refreshing. I don’t taste any skin, and this doesn’t taste of fresh grapes.

Off Flavors: Very artificial for first few days.

Pairings: Almost any fruit blend, cocktail or smoothy. Cranberry, rhubarb, tart fruits will help balance the sweetness of the juice and make a good contrast. nuts, wine, champagne, candy.

Notes: Moderate flavor at the 6% I tested, so probably 5-7% in an RDA and around 6-8% in tanks. 1-5% as an accent.

WHITE PEACH

Aroma: Sweet, fresh fleshy fruit, faint peach, slightly artificial.

Flavor Description: At a 3 day steep I’m tasting a naturally sweet white peach. Ripe without being cloying. Very authentic and it blends very well with ginger :slight_smile: At a 2 week steep the flavor on this has not changed very much, maybe the peach has a little more depth and density to it. The flesh of a ripe juicy sweet white peach without the fuzzy skin. It’s a bright flavor, and I almost get a faint vanilla back note? This would be great with vanillas or FA Oba Oba would probably be amazing!

Pairings: Almost any fruit. Cookies, cakes, peach pie and cobbler, brandy, ice creams, nuts, vanilla, FA Oba Oba, ginger, cinnamon, creams and whipped cream, caramel, brown sugar, cloves, honey, maple syrup.

Notes: This one will be good as a Shake & Vape or steeped. Single flavor in an RDA 6-8% and in tanks 7-9%. As an accent 1.5-5%.

YELLOW CAKE

Steep Time: 19 Days and 7 Weeks

Aroma: Medium strength cake, caramel, and maybe brown sugar?

Flavor Description: At a 19 day steep it’s the flavor of yellow or vanilla cake with a slight hint of brown sugar in the back? The aroma is luscious and smells strongly of cake. The little flavor that is present is good but very faint. It has no discernible mouth feel, depth or density. Based on the flavor weakness at 7%, I think this would have to be used in the 10-15% range for a single flavor, and it’s so delicate I’m afraid it will be lost completely in mixes.I retested at a 7 week steep. The flavor seems to have faded even more, a mostly generic sweetness with a hint of vanilla that is almost flavorless to me.

Off Flavors: Lack of flavor.

Pairings: I think will get lost in most flavors. If trying to use it in a mix I recommend only other delicate and light flavors.

Notes: If this tasted as good as it smells it would have been amazing.

Comparison: Compared to the well known FW, unfortunately it loses. It’s missing that fluffy yet thick mouthfeel and complexity that FW offers. FW also has a much stronger flavor of I think it’s caramel in the background, and great overall flavor strength. PUR’s at 7% is comparable in strength to what I get with only 1-2% of FW.

13 Likes

Oh yes @MysticRose you ARE a bad lady !!!

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

The following were tested using a Troll RDA with a single Kanthal .3 ohm Staircase coil at 27W. 24g kernel with 32g wrap, cotton wick.

BANANA

Aroma: Fresh banana, hint of peel or green? Cream?

Flavor Description: At 3 days this is definitely an authentic fresh banana. It’s balanced on the edge of ripeness, just barely past the green yet not over ripe. It almost has a creamy texture to the body, but just the creamy meatiness of a natural banana and not an added cream. Not cloying at all, and not candy.

At 4 weeks this has smoothed out and become a creamy fresh banana without any hints of green. It’s ripe and has natural levels of sweetness, nothing cloying or over ripe. A very balanced flavor, beyond green and before over ripe. There are no peel or green flavors in this.

Pairings: Almost any fruit, especially those that pair well with banana like strawberry, kiwi, any tropicals fruits. Creams, custards, smoothies, shakes, nuts, honey.

Notes: If you are looking for fresh banana, this is the one. I see it blending well with other fresh fruits. I don’t think it would be good as the only banana anywhere you are looking for a cooked banana like bread or pastries or banana foster. In low percentages may add a bit of layering, but further testing is required to know for sure.

Comparison: Comparing this to TFA Ripe Banana, this is much better for my tastes. The ripe banana has an over ripe almost starting to rot taint for my tastes, where as this is more of a perfectly ripened banana.

BANANASCOTCH CREAM

Steep Time: 7 Days and 4 Weeks

Aroma: Banana cream pudding with a dark caramelized butterscotch.

Flavor Description: Fresh ripe banana, mildly sweet cream. Not a pudding, it doesn’t have the thickness or density. Has a very very light hint of creamy butterscotch. Very much like the butterscotch syrup that goes on ice cream, nothing candy like. At 4 weeks it’s an authentic ripe banana. It has the creaminess you get from a fresh banana, maybe a slight hint of light cream? The balance between the butterscotch and banana is very good, with the fruit dominant drizzled with a butterscotch syrup. The butterscotch is moderately sweet, not overly sweet or dark.

Pairings: Other fruits. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, ice cream, banana split.

Notes: Even though this isn’t a cream, it did seem to become creamier after steeping. It’s ok at this percentage in an RDA, but if using as a single flavor I would use 8-10% for a fuller flavor.

BUTTER PECAN PRALINE ICE CREAM

Steep Time: 4 Days and 4 Weeks

Aroma: Candied butter pecan, rich cream, slight vanilla and brown sugar notes?

Flavor Description: Sweet rich cream with a generic nuttiness. I’m not getting ice cream or a specific type of nut. At 4 weeks this has really turned around. It has developed a rich and creamy butter pecan flavor, not anywhere near generic anymore. The pecan flavor has become more prominent, and I’m getting noticeable amounts of the buttery brown sugary pralines that somehow stands out from the butter pecan base. I don’t get the actual crunch of the pralines, but the crystallized butter and brown sugar candied pecans is so authentic I can almost imagine it when I close my eyes. The density and body has shown a huge improvement as well, moving it from a cream to more of an ice cream.

Pairings: Cookies, cakes, custards, pies, bakeries, nuts, tobaccos, coffees, Koolada.

Notes: I am really liking this one a lot, but it is slightly weak at this percentage. I’m thinking more like 8-12% for a single flavor. Maybe 1.5-4% for an accent flavor. I see this adding a huge boost to the body, richness and flavor of almost all bakeries, especially danishes or nut desserts.

CARAMEL COFFEE WITH SWEET MILK

Aroma: Medium roast coffee, hint of caramel.

Flavor Description: Medium roast coffee, robust without being bitter. Creamy sweet cream with caramel syrup stirred in. Very good as is, can also see it becoming a great frappe with a little added heavy creams or ice creams with a bit more caramel and some vanilla. This has steeped into a very well balanced frappe. The cream has become more noticeable, and stands up with the coffee better now. The coffee is still robust without being bitter or acidic, and it’s all blended together with a sweet caramel syrup. Not caramel candy and not artificial.

Pairings: Cookies, cakes, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos. Nuts, additional caramel or butterscotch, pralines, butter pecan.

Notes: I am really impressed with this one. Good strength at 6% for a single flavor. Very much tastes like a Caramel Frappuccino from you know who. Without ice. Some Koolada and it will be a great single flavor. This can be easily customized to different tastes. Additional cream, or ice cream or whipped cream, or vanillas, or caramel, cinnamon? Although good at the first 7 days, the cream really comes out to play at 4 weeks.

COOKIE

Steep Time: 3 and 10 Days

Aroma: Grain, sugar, butter.

Flavor Description: This is a nice shortbread cookie, with mild to moderate sweetness, slightly buttery. Just a hint of vanilla, the mouth feel is slightly moist and cakey. Not dry or grainy. This requires a longer steep and/or stronger percentage. The flavor is there, but I think it will be lost underneath other flavors other than providing body, so I am interested to see what happens with a full steep.

10 Days: This has surprised me with how much it strengthened with the longer steep time. The depth and strength has developed enough that I believe it will stand up to other flavors . A buttery fluffy shortbread cookie, with the breadiness being prominent rather than dry and crispy. It has a faint caramelization on the end of the exhale that gives it a lightly baked taste, with a sweet vanilla inhale. Its a spot on flavor of Lorna Doone shortbread cookies. Seems a good strength for a single flavor in the 4-6% range. Probably 1.5-3% in mixes.

Pairings: Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos, pie crusts, pastries, smoothies or shakes, jammy type fruits, icing, frosting, butter, maple.

Notes: I really like this, it’s a true bready yet still crisp cookie, buttery and with enough sweetness to say I’m a cookie while still not going to sugar cookie. I don’t get dryness from this like I do with FA cookie. I do like FA cookie as well, but’s it’s more a generic crispy cracker type cookie, missing the butter and very little sweetness compared to this one.

COTTON CANDY

Percentage Used: 4% and 8%

**Stars:**4/5

Steep Time: 3 Days and 10 days.

Aroma: Authentic spun sugar aroma. Sweet sugar.

Flavor Description: 3 Days at 4%: This really surprised me. Even at only 4% I’m getting a light cotton candy. It’s sweet, but not sickening. Texture is not dry, but no body to it. The pink kind…lol. It’s only been 3 days, but with a longer steep and higher percentage I this will be an authentic cotton candy and not just sugar. I’m going to bump this up to 8% and try again in another week.

10 Days at 8%: It’s still a light flavor, but no doubt it’s an authentic pink cotton candy. This isn’t dry, but still has no discernible body to it. It’s not quite as sweet as the real thing, which is great for me personally. I’m not thinking it will stand up to other flavors well due to the lightness, but further testing is required to know for sure. If you are looking for a stand alone cotton candy then this is it in the 8-12% range.

Pairings: Anywhere you want sweetening in very low percentages or with very very small hints of mild fruits like strawberry or blue raspberry for a fruity cotton candy.

Notes: I think this is best as cotton candy. It’s a good single flavor as is and doesn’t have the dryness or generic sweetness I have gotten from other brands. I’m not sure I would mix it with anything. I like the pink cotton candy by itself around 10%. It’s limited in use really to a single flavor for me. Maybe I need a better imagination…please let me know what you make with this :slight_smile:

CRANBERRY ORANGE

Steep Time: 4 Weeks

Aroma: Cranberries, slight orange. Bitterness.

Flavor Description: I didn’t try this until the 4 week steep, so I’m not sure how it is as a S&V. At 4 weeks. Tart fresh cranberries is the first thing you taste, following that is a sweet blood orange juice and I’m tasting a bit of zest as well. Although the orange isn’t as dominant as the cranberries, it’s balanced just enough to be a noticeable presence. If you have ever tasted that cranberry orange zest relish so popular around the holidays, this is it. In a vape. A very complete flavor.

Pairings: I’m drawing a blank here. Other citrus? Orange, lemonade, lime. Nuts.

Notes: This is a good strength at 6% for a single flavor. If you like tart, citrus, or the relish you will love this.

CREAM CHEESE DANISH WITH TOASTED ALMONDS

Aroma: Tangy cheese, slightly sweet bread/dough.

Flavor Description: First thing I taste is the cream cheese filling. It’s slightly tangy and slightly sweet cream cheese filling. The almond comes through on the top as well, and the bread is very light and only found on the exhale. It actually has a full bodied mouth feel. The bready aspect does taste very similar to a danish. Not quite strong enough at this point. Definitely unbalanced, both the cheese filling and almonds are very forward, with the danish very light. It could still change with a longer steep. I have a feeling it might be a little better at a higher percentage. It’s a pretty complete flavoring, so I am going to try in the 9-12% range and see if the danish come out to play. The flavors have become more balanced with the longer steep. I don’t think the danish flavor strengthened, rather the cream cheese and almonds seemed to settle into the danish. The danish has developed a little more butter and baked flavor, and the cheese filling is very accurate.

Pairings: Almost any fruit will turn this into a fruit or fruit and cream cheese danish, avoid citrus. Cookie, cinnamon roll, doughnuts, cakes, creams, nuts, coffee, marshmallow, meringue, icing.

Notes: Overall it’s a very good and complete flavor, albeit weak for my personal tastes at the 6%. I liked it much better at 9%. For sure it’s more of a one shot flavor, adding accents to it will be much easier than using it as an accent flavor.

DRAGON FRUIT

If this flavor was named bubblegum I would rate it a 4ish.

Aroma: Bubblegum. Generic fruit.

Flavor Description: At a 4 day steep this tastes like pink bubblegum, mildly sweet. Very faint hint of artificial dragon fruit, not unpleasant. It’s missing dragon fruit and that slight hint of tangy slightly sour note.

At a 4 week steep, this is a very nice bubblegum with a generic fruitiness in the back. Maybe at higher percentages the dragon fruit will become more prominent? It’s not a juicy fruit type gum. It’s the mouth watering big square of Bubblicious. The strength at 4% is moderate, but for a nice full flavored gum I would go to 6% and add additional fruit flavors.

Off Flavors: Bubblegum

Pairings: Almost any artificial or candy like fruit, mints.

Notes: I am going to use this as a bubblegum honestly. I will try to make a nice tangy watermelon and a grape version of Bubblicious using candy or artificial flavorings rather than fresh fruits. It will be fun to see how that generic fruity back note will accent additional fruit flavors.

FRUIT CIRCLES

Aroma: Grain, sweetness, mixed artificial fruit. Fruit loops.

Flavor Description: I’m getting a prominent oat/grain cereal with sweetened mixed artificial fruit. Apple seems dominant to me, with a hint of lemon? Tastes like apple jacks rather than fruit loops. The fruit is artificial, nothing fresh.

At 4 weeks the oat flavor has smoothed out a bit and moved into grain cereal, no hints of Cheerios left. I am still getting closer to the apple jacks than fruit loops side. If I really look for it I can find a very tiny hint of lemon. It’s a very good cereal, you can almost feel the crunch, the fruit is moderately strong but still doesn’t bury the cereal. It’s a very authentic artificially fruit flavored sweetened cereal.

Off Flavors:

Pairings: Milk or cream. Maybe a little butter and lot of marshmallow for a cereal treat.

Notes: Pretty good strength at 4%, possibly try it up to 6% and that may turn it more towards fruit loops. Personally I love Apple Jacks so I’m liking this a lot. I would say this is a bowl with 45% green rings, 45% orange rings, and 10% yellow rings…lol

FRUIT CIRCLES WITH MILK

Aroma: Sweetness, sour cheese/BA, mixed artificial fruit. Apple Jacks.

Flavor Description: This is the same as the fruit loops with added curdled milk. Fruit and cereal flavor on this one is very weak and buried under the sour milk. Faint oat/grain cereal, sweetened mixed fruit. Apple seems dominant to me, with a hint of lemon? Tastes like apple jacks rather than fruit loops. The fruit is artificial, nothing fresh.

At 4 weeks the curdled milk is gone completely. It has moved to the back and become more of a cream/milk, while the cereal is up front. Weirdly, this comes closer to fruit loops than their actual fruit loops. Like the fruit loops, that Cheerios oat flavor is gone and has moved into a nice grain cereal. An artificially flavored sweetened cereal. I still get a subtle apple jacks flavor, but this does come closer to an authentic fruit loops. The lemon is slightly more noticeable, without being overwhelming or acidic. I am getting hints of the pink and purple circles now, and the milk gives it a nice creamy moistness that also steers it closer to the flavored milk left in the bottom of the bowl category.

Off Flavors: Curdled milk at first, steeped out.

**Throat Hit:**3/10

Pairings: Milks or creams. Butter and marshmallow for a cereal bar.

Notes: This is a mild to medium flavor compared to the same percentage of their fruit loops without milk. The cream component mutes the fruitiness just slightly. It’s not a bad thing, but I do think the flavor would be better around 6-9% as a single flavor. This is actually quite good.

HONEYDEW

Aroma: Honeydew, fresh, unripe, curdled milk?

Flavor Description: At 3 days this is a fresh honeydew, not very sweet and seems dry. Unripe, and it has an unpleasant off taste that I can’t figure out exactly what it is.

At 4 weeks this continues to be a fresh honeydew melon, moderately strong. It’s very authentic but not ripe or sweet. It has a nice full meaty mouth feel and great slightly creamy body, and the dryness is gone. However, I still get that off taste. Let me preface this by saying I have a sensitivity to BA, and I get that famous sour cheese/vomit taste from it. That is the unpleasant off taste I was getting before, and it’s still there as a slight back note. Maybe it’s slight rind that I am interpreting as BA? It’s not overwhelming, but noticeable. I don’t know if this even has BA in it, but that is the flavor I get from it. If you are one of those that does fine with BA then you should have no problems with this one.

Off Flavors: Faint sour cheese/vomit.

Pairings: Almost any fruit, especially other melons or tropical fruits. Neutral creams like whipped, fresh, sweet. Coconut, light vanillas, maybe honeysuckle?

Notes: I personally don’t care for this. If you don’t mind unripe honeydew and BA doesn’t bother you then this is very authentic. If you give it a try please let me know what you get from it.

LEMONADE

This is version 2, and is different than the beta JoJo had reviewed.

Aroma: Sour, lemon, refreshing, slightly artificial.

Flavor Description: Very sweet yet slightly sour, juicy lemon. Flavor is a very authentic packaged lemonade like Country Time. Which is not a bad thing, it’s very good. Not a fresh squeezed lemonade. I also get hints of sour lemon candy with this. Which I also like, vaping it physically makes my mouth water. Surprisingly it’s not acidic at all, no rough throat hit that is so common with citrus. At least not with short vaping time. Will have to see what happens with longer vaping.

At 4 weeks the lemon has unexpectedly hung in there and not faded as badly as they usually do. The tartness is still there, but it has mellowed just a bit. The sour lemon candy aspect is gone and it’s straight lemonade now. It’s still mouthwatering and very good. However if you like a more tart/sour lemonade that you can almost feel in your jaw, or a sour lemon candy, I would only make enough for a week or 2 at a time. If you like a more mellow version, it’s good in 3-4 weeks. I don’t know if I would push it passed that simply because lemons usually disappear with extended steeps.

Pairings: Almost any fruit, especially berries. Cookies, cakes, creams, custards, teas, frosting, candy.

Notes: I can see this being a summertime favorite for me, and can see it being versatile with any fruits. Also good for a sour candy. Although moderately flavored at 4%, for my personal tastes I will like more in the 6-7% range.

PINEAPPLE CAKE

Steep Time: 4 Weeks

Aroma: Mild cooked pineapple? Cloves?

Flavor Description: I didn’t a chance to try this until a 4 week steep, so I’m not sure how it changes, fades or not, or is a good S&V. Sweet vanilla/yellow cake with authentic pineapple. The pineapple is sweet and not sharp at all, and also the first thing you taste. It’s not a fresh cut pineapple, it’s canned pineapple. But it tastes cooked like you would find in a pineapple upside down cake. The cake takes over on the exhale. It is a cross between a vanilla and a yellow cake. I can almost taste a faint hint of caramel or brown sugar In the cake itself, which swings it slightly to the yellow cake side, yet the vanilla is still present. There is no caramelized/brown sugar flavor to the pineapple like found in an upside down cake. It’s part of the cake component, which is also just grainy enough to have a great cake body, but it’s also somehow creamy. I’m not sure where the cream comes from, but it lingers there at the end of the exhale. It’s almost like a butter? Overall a very complex flavor.

Pairings: Other fruits that are typically good with pineapple. Bananas, coconut, cherry, tropical fruits especially . Cakes, creams, custards, nuts, specifically macadamia and pecans. Vanilla and butter. Whipped cream.

Notes: This is an excellent cake base. Although I think it can be vaped single flavor in the 6-8% range, this will really shine in mixes. I will probably start at 4% as a base, then accent from there. I really like this one, a unique flavor.

SOUR CHERRIES AND ORANGES

Aroma: Sour, orange zest, cooking cherries.

Flavor Description: Sour orange juice with a hint of bright cherry, like the light red cherries. Not dark skinned sweet cherries. It’s good, but the flavors are definitely separate, orange, the sour, then cherry. With the longer steep the flavors have really blended well and become cohesive. It’s a very refreshing orange and fresh tart cherry cocktail. The tartness is pronounced, but the base of the drink is sweet. So it’s perfect for sweet and tart lovers.

Throat Hit: 4/10

Pairings: Almost any citrus fruit. Lime, lemon, lemonade, Koolada.

Notes: I think this is a great summer stand alone flavor. Good strength at 6% for a single flavor, maybe can push it to 8% for in your face flavor, although that might tip it over the edge to chemical. Probably 1.5-4% in mixes as an accent.

STRAWBERRY LEMONADE

Aroma: Tangy lemon, sour, sugar, juicy, strawberry.

Flavor Description: Lemon water with sugar. Very very slightly tangy but missing the sharp bite usually present with lemonade. It has a very chemical off note at first vape that fades quickly with further vaping. Very faint artificial strawberry syrup. This is a sweet lemonade versus a tart one. It’s good, but too sweet and not enough sour for my personal tastes.

At 4 weeks this has steeped into a fantastic and tangy strawberry lemonade. The strawberry syrup and sweetness has mellowed a lot. While still slightly artificial, it is balanced much better with the lemonade now and doesn’t overwhelm it, allowing the tartness to come through. It has developed into a nice and well layered lemonade.

Off Flavors: Very slight chemical note at first draw or 2, quickly disappears.

Pairings: PG and/or VG? A more fresh strawberry flavor? A blend of berries.

Notes: This is a very good and refreshing drink. Very limited on mixing possibilities though. It’s of medium strength at 4%, probably 6-7% would be better for a single flavor mix.

STRAWBERRY MARSHMALLOW CEREAL

Aroma: Mostly artificial sweet strawberry, sugary cereal type marshmallow, not the fluffy white type. Very slight grain/oat back note.

Flavor Description: Wow. Crispy cereal with crunchy strawberry marshmallows. The mouth feel seems great on this. I don’t know if it’s because the flavor is so authentic that it’s playing tricks on me, or if it’s really there. Can’t wait to hear from others about this one. I haven’t found a rice krispie or oat cereal I like yet. They all seem overly grainy and gross to me. This one doesn’t, it has just a faint hint of grain, enough to say cereal without screaming oats! The cereal is equally balanced with the marshmallows, which are those crunchy artificially flavored strawberry cereal ones, not the fluffy type. This hasn’t changed much from the shorter steep. The flavors are still pretty much as described before, maybe blended a little more? I’m almost getting a tiny creaminess from it that I didn’t notice before. I’m not sure if it’s there or not, my taster might be on overload right now :sunglasses:

Pairings: Milk or cream? Sweet cream?

Notes: This is probably the best marshmallow cereal I have tried to date. Authentic without being overwhelming in the oats. It’s a mild-medium strength at this percentage. I think for a single flavor, or even with creams I would go to the 8-10% range. Since this changed very little with the longer steep, this will probably be good as a S&V or close to, but I didn’t try until 4 days.

STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SMASH

Aroma: Strawberry with a hint of strawberry jam. Slight chemical bitterness. Hint of flour pie crust.

Flavor Description: Artificial strawberry base with an attempt at rhubarb. It has some similar flavor aspects, but it is missing that sharp tangy tartness. And it has a very noticeable chemical off note. The fruits do blend and balance well without either overpowering the other. It’s just a little closer to celery than rhubarb. Not getting crust at this point, and not sweet or sour enough. With the longer steep this has really blended well and matured into a great blend. The strawberry and rhubarb is balanced well, and has turned into a sweet and slightly tart pie filling. The strawberry has lost any artificial taint and is cooked and sweetened. The rhubarb left the celery behind and is a very authentic cooked rhubarb, but is missing that pronounced tartness. On the exhale I’m getting a light flour crust. It’s very good, but not strong enough to balance the fruit.

Off Flavors: Chemical/celery before steep.

Pairings: Pies, cake, creams, custards, jam, peanut butter, cookie, pie crust, graham cracker, ice cream, whipped cream.

Notes: Relatively moderate strength at 6%. Also a good starting percentage when aiming for a pie. Just needs some help with the pie crust.

STRAWNANA SMOOTHIE

Steep Time: 4 Days and 4 weeks

Aroma: Fresh strawberry, hint of ripe banana, no peel. Light cream.

Flavor Description: Fresh strawberries blended with fresh banana and creamy plain yogurt. The strawberry is a sweet strawberry, and the banana is perfectly ripe. Not cloying overripe nor green. The balance is very good between the 2 fruits, with the strawberry just a tad more upfront than the banana. Smooth and light plain yogurt provides a mild creaminess. No detectable vanilla flavor, nor tanginess. Very natural level of sweetness for a yogurt smoothie, with all the sweetness originating from the fruit itself and no sweeteners added. At 4 weeks I am still surprised with how good the balance is with this one. The banana has blended very well with the strawberries still being upfront and not buried beneath the banana. The creaminess has also improved with the longer steep.

Pairings: Cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, yogurt, koolada, menthol.

Notes: With a shot of Koolada this is a very authentic smoothie. I am thinking it would also be nice with menthol or peppermint. The flavor was medium strength at this percentage, I would go for 8-10% for a good single flavor strength.

TOASTED COCONUT CHEESECAKE

Steep Time: 4 Days and 3 Weeks

Aroma: Sweetened coconut flakes (baking type) is very dominant. Very slight hint of sour cheese/dirty feet in the back. Not getting any toasted aroma.

Flavor Description: Very good dessert flavor. Sweetened toasted coconut is strong and up front, and it’s very authentic. Below that I’m getting a sweet pudding like cream, with hints of vanilla and faint graham crust? Not much mouth feel or density as of yet. It is also missing any resemblance to cheesecake at this point. It is more of a coconut cream pie. Missing any cream cheese tanginess right now. I’m enjoying it immensely, and hoping the cream will pop with a longer steep. At 4 weeks, this has developed into a nice dense thickness similar to a cheesecake. I’m still not getting any cream cheese though. It’s a delicious coconut cream pie, with thick sweet vanilla and coconut pudding and a buttery graham crust. Topped with sweet toasted coconut flakes, and I am amazed at how accurately they hit the toasted flavor.

Off Flavors: Coconut cream pie?

Pairings: Cookies, cakes, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos, cream cheese, cheesecake, graham cracker, whipped cream, frostings, ice cream, anywhere you want to add toasted coconut.

Notes: Although this doesn’t quite hit cheesecake for me, it is a rich luscious dessert that disappeared very quickly. I will be making more of this very shortly! It’s actually a pretty complete single flavor for me, pretty good at the 6%, although I still think it will be even better at 8-9%. It should be very versatile to work with, as an accent I recommend lower percentages so the coconut doesn’t dominate, maybe 1-2.5%.

12 Likes