Purilum Tasting Notes

Marshmallow (PUR) 6% (8-19-17) – 2 weeks + steep to see how this fared. Smelled almost like the little candy-ish marshmallows but vaping did not continue that direction. Nicely sweet, with a typical MM flavor. Didn’t get the typical mouthfeel that I got with TPA and FA, but still quite good. Sweetness was great, but not overpowering. Could def. see using this in some mixes. Nice fluffy mallow ends the exhale. Easily 8.5/10 for this one.

8 Likes

Bavarian Cream (PUR) 6% (8-20-17) – Waited 2+ weeks to see how this would taste, and I’m a huge BC fan. My current go to is TPA. Smelled ok on the sniff, but vaping it revealed even LESS for me. Kind of a mish-mosh, bland-ish flavor with no real stand out notes for me, especially anything bavarian. Doesn’t mean it’s terrible, just means it’s NOT a BC for me. About the same inhale/exhale, and no exciting things showed up during the test to speak of. Nothing off-putting, just nothing really BC. Going to go with a low 1.5/10 on this one for me.

5 Likes

Banana (PUR) 6% (8-21-17) – 2+ weeks steep. I’ve not had great luck with bananas so wasn’t expecting much here. First things first, not too bad at all. Vaping while typing, leaves me unclear on exactly how the “real banana” vs. “candy banana” split is. It seems like both, but almost an even 50/50 split. Not too much of one or the other. Very full @ 6%, pushing from just sweet enough to MAYBE a tad heavy, but not in a bad way. Unsure how it would mix, but as a SF test, I’m actually pretty surprised. Not bad at all. Some fresh banana with some candied “runt like” notes to it. I think because it’s not one OR the other fresh vs. candy, it could be more versatile. Solidly placing this at a 9/10.

8 Likes

Cereal (PUR) 6% (8-22-17) – 2+ weeks steep. Cereals can be hard to explain, and this is one of them. Almost reminds me of a fairly sweet version of the grainy pieces in a Lucky Charms box, without the marshmallows. On the inhale the sweetness is very present without a lot of cereal or grain, on the exhale the ceral/grain steps up, but only a bit, with the sweetness still being the dominant aspect. Continued vaping reveals that there is not much “grain” in this cereal. Might just be too sweet, but that’s a personal thing. I personally prefer more grain, but not overpowering grain/cereal in my cereals. TPA Lucky Lephrechaun comes to mind. Overall the mix was fairly even, but for the rather sweet aspect. Because of my grainy/cereal needs, this one sits at a 6/10.

9 Likes

I get corn flakes from this. Great to enhance pie crust, pastries, cookies, etc in small percentages. .5-1% as an accent is good for me. I personally like the lack of grain/oat. More versatile for me, also good in fried ice cream. Still experimenting with it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Raspberry (PUR) 6% (8-30-17) – 2+ weeks steep on this the LAST PUR flavor in this test run. I think the BEST thing about this one, was it didn’t taste artificial, and didn’t have any chemical notes. It was an ok RB, but very laid back. Some sweet, a little tart on the inhale, some more sweet and tart with some raspberry on the exhale. Wasn’t wowed by it overall, despite it being an ok RB. Lacked most of the punch that I want in a fruit, and a RB in particular. May re-test to see if increasing it makes a difference. Good flavor, too subtle @ 6%. Hard to to number it as the flavor wasn’t bad, just the quantity of it. Leaving it @ 6/10.

6 Likes

I find that most of the (PUR)- (NR) flavors come alive a 8%, and are pretty forgiving if you go a bit higher as long if you give them some steep time to eliminate any of the off taste you may get. Most I have triad are really up to be a stand alone SNV, With most I see using at 6% or less for mixes, But that may be my own taste buds screaming at me saying " your a ass for smoking and killing me for many years. I do like my flavors on the strong side, but still to taste accurate to what it is supposed to be. My Favorite 3 are Kigoa and Watermelon. Watermelon cotton candy, all at 8-10% standalone SNV, better after a a few days though, The Cheesecake took me close to 2-3 weeks for it to get were It was supposed to be for me, but I also mixed it with GCC, and it was great at two week point. one thing I really do like is that these flavors have holding power and don’t fade fast either. especially the fruits I have tested also really no need to add any sweeteners because with especially with those I mentioned are all borderline over sweet as is.

5 Likes

Atomiser: WaspNano
Coil: Fused Clapton 0.53 Ohm
Mod: Coolfire IV TC100
Power: 40 - 50 Watts
Mix: 6% Flavor - 70vg/30pg @ 0mg
Steep: 20 Days

Acai Berry
Nice sweet Mixed Berry flavor. I’m not sure what Acai tastes like so I can’t really say if it is accurately represented here. More candy than ripe and a little on the dry side. This is a really pleasant flavor that could be used alone or as an accent to a Cream or Custard.

Dragonfruit
Nice subtle Dragonfruit. Doesn’t really stand on it’s own but would be a great enhancement flavor for Strawberry or other Berries.

Grape Soda
This one is a winner. Spot on Grape Soda. It’s not fizzy but it doesn’t suffer from the flat taste that most soda flavors have. I am sure you could add this to different fruit mixes but I will be vaping it all by itself.

Grapefruit Mojito
Nice light Citrus flavor with a touch of sweet Mint. Not really getting a defined Grapefruit or Mojito. Still a pleasant flavor though.

Kiwi
Nice sweet Kiwi. Very clean bright flavor. Not quite a candy but not straight fruit either. This would be great with Strawberry or Watermelon.

Papaya Mango
Nicely balanced. Tastes like fresh Papaya and Mango. Very clean bright flavor. This is a nice pleasant flavor that will Vape well with other Fruits or Creams as well as on it’s own.

Passion Fruit
Very strong with a bitter aftertaste. I’m not a fan of any passion fruit but this one is a bit too much for me. I think it could be useful as a supporting flavor though.

Pomelo
I can’t speak to the authenticity of this as I have never tasted Pomelo before. It’s a nice juicy and sweet Citrus flavor. It is a wet flavorful vape.

Tropical Blend
Very nice sweet flavor. Heavy on Coconut with Pineapple and maybe Mango. Hard to make out the other flavors. It’s a nice pleasant vape.

Nut Brittle
Very good. Nice Vanilla and Toffee flavor. Hard to tell what the Nut is. Possibly Almond. I’ve been vaping this as a single flavor for a week. It’s really good.

Watermelon Cotton Candy
Very authentic Cotton Candy flavor with a mild Watermelon on the exhale. This could definitely be an all day vape.

10 Likes

I’ve watched this thread a bit but wished to toss this out here while the current sale (Labor Day) is going on (and I’m getting ready to make a small order). Is there any “must have’s” Purilum flavors?
I’m already going to get both the Nut Brittle and Papaya Mango
TIA
(That means Thanks in Advance not Tits n Ass ya dirty ol people you…)

10 Likes

If you have not tried Kigoa or Watermelon, I would suggest those, They are in the ranks of all time favorites, You have to mix a little on the high side, But they are great Single flavor SNV.

3 Likes

If you’re a rhubarb fan I definitely recommend strawberry rhubarb smash.

2 Likes

Purilium Pomelo. Tested at 2%
Very hard to describe flavor. But wow is it good.
Definately has citrus notes like a candied tangerine
There is a lingering grapefruit note both during and after exhale but like a very sweet red grapefruit. Very juicy mouthfeel. Despite being a citrus flavor it has little to no throat hit and no tart/organic notes.

Pairings: immediately i think of FLV persimmon and or Green passionfruit (Euro Flavors)

Would make an excellent base start to a hypnotiq type flavor.

5 Likes

Looking for anyone’s notes about Strawnana Smoothie, there is only one user that mentioned it on the flavor side of the site… planning on mixing a single flavor with it… the one user stated they liked it as a stand alone of 7%… anyone else have insight on this?

1 Like

I’m sorry, that is a bad feature of the program. Whenever I delete flavors I don’t use it removes all my notes as well. I’ve asked if there is a way to fix it, but no fix has been found I guess. These were my notes. I have notes on every Purilum Flavor, but some I don’t have or have deleted from my stash so notes aren’t visible. I really hope a solution is found :frowning:

Percentage Used: 6%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a single Kanthal .3 ohm Staircase coil at 27W. 24g kernel with 32g wrap, cotton wick.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 4 Days and 4 weeks

Aroma: Fresh strawberry, hint of ripe banana, no peel. Light cream.

Flavor Description: Fresh strawberries blended with fresh banana and creamy plain yogurt. The strawberry is a sweet strawberry, and the banana is perfectly ripe. Not cloying overripe nor green. The balance is very good between the 2 fruits, with the strawberry just a tad more upfront than the banana. Smooth and light plain yogurt provides a mild creaminess. No detectable vanilla flavor, nor tanginess. Very natural level of sweetness for a yogurt smoothie, with all the sweetness originating from the fruit itself and no sweeteners added. At 4 weeks I am still surprised with how good the balance is with this one. The banana has blended very well with the strawberries still being upfront and not buried beneath the banana. The creaminess has also improved with the longer steep.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 1/10

Pairings: Cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, yogurt, koolada, menthol.

Notes: With a shot of Koolada this is a very authentic smoothie. I am thinking it would also be nice with menthol or peppermint. The flavor was medium strength at this percentage, I would go for 8-10% for a good single flavor strength.

5 Likes

Here’s my notes ( I’ll add these to my stash too, thanks for the reminder)
Mixed at 6%. Creamy strawberry banana is the front flavor. The yogurt is very mild and doesn’t have any unpleasant sour notes. Could benefit from another strawberry. The banana is very realistic, not too ripe. Recommend as a standalone anywhere from 5-10%, and in a mix at at least 3-4%.

I mix this at 6 as a sf for my husband.

6 Likes

Hello all. These are the notes that can be found in my flavor stash. These are only my opinions on these flavors.

Also, I found that the Strawberry Biscuit concentrate is listed on NicRiv’s Website as a Nicotine River Strawberry Biscuit. I didn’t see a SB Biscuit Purilum. However, from what I’m seeing on ELR, I believe they are the same concentrate. If anyone knows please let me know @Nicotine_River .

Thank you kindly.

Butter Cream (Purilum)
"The perfect balance between Butter and Cream! An absolute must have flavor in your arsenal."
Suggested percentage 5-10% - NicotineRiver.com

9/11/2017
Single Flavor Test 6.5%
60/40 | 0 Nic | 40W | Single 316L SS Fused Clapton | Wasp Nano | Organic Japanese Cotton

►First Impressions

• Knuckle Test | Smell / Taste:
– Semi Sweet Butter…Dairy Milk / Slight American Cheese’ish note
– Mod. Sweet, Lightly Whipped Butter | Moderate - High Creamy Dairy Notes (not off putting)

9//19/017 (1.1 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark:)

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle Aroma: Med. - Heavy Aroma | Upfront Milky Butter with Light Am. Cheese’ish Note Remains

• Knuckle: Dairy Milk or Cream with Buttery Notes (Dairy Milk - Dominant | Butter - Submissive)

• Vape: Rounded but Light “Whipped” Butter Cream | Cheese Notes - gone
--------- Mod Dense, Medium Body, Smooth Full Mouth-Feel | Clean

► Notes
• No off notes | Not a Butter Cream “Frosting”

9/27/2017 (2.2 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark:)

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle: ↓ in Overall Aroma intensity (Med Heavy) | Slight ↓ in Cheese’ish Note

• Knuckle: Sweet Dairy Milk/Cream with Butter Blended Well | Creamier

• Vape: Lighter in overall Flavor Intensity | Cream / Dairy = Mod & Dominate with Butter = Lighter & Submissive
-------- Body = Same as above but a bit lighter overall | Am.Cheese’ish Notes = Gone

► Notes
• Off Notes: None

10/04/2017 (3.2 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark:) FINAL

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle Aroma: Med Aroma | Cheese’ish Note ↓ - Faint

• Knuckle: Sight ↓ Sweetness | More Rounded Creamy Butter = ↑ in Balance

• Vape: Flavor Intensity - Light | Butter & Cream well Blended - Dairy Note Slightly more Dominant
--------- A Very Light Whipped Butter
--------- Light Body & Mouth Feel | Slicker & Bit Watery | Clean

► Notes
• Overall Flavor Intensity ↓ Wk 1-3 | Light Aroma Remained Constant @ Week 3
• Uses: Bakeries & Pastries that need Lighter Whipped Butter flavor
--------- Ex. Fluffy, Light, Puffy or Flaky Pastries & Bakeries
--------- + Alt. Butter Concentrate to ↑ overall “Butter” Notes

Estimate
► Usage: 2 - 2.5% min | 3 - 4.5% med | 5 - 7% max
Mix: 3 - 5%

■ Sub:

Strawberry Marshmallow Cereal (Purilum)
“Sweet Strawberry Marshmallows in glorious harmony with sweet grainy Cereal. Great as a stand alone and with other cereals!” | Suggested percentage 5 -10% - NicotineRiver.com

9/11/2017
Single Flavor Test 6.5%
60/40 | 0 Nic | 40W | Single 316L SS Fused Clapton | Wasp Nano | Organic Japanese Cotton

►First Impressions

— Very Pleasant - Smells Very Similar to Strawberry Cream Pocky Sticks
— Creamy Strawberry blended with Fluffy Marshmallows w/ hint of Cereal - plain “Cheerio” type

9//20/017 (1.2 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark:)

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle Aroma: Thick, Heavy & Pleasant | Balanced * Sweet Velvet Strawberry & Marshmallow/Cream Upfront with a heavy Coating of Grain Cereal

• Knuckle: An Amalgamation of Artificial Strawberry with Creamy Marshmallow & Cheerio style Grain Cereal (SB, Marshmallow, Cream - Dominant | Grain - Submissive - but well Balanced)

• Vape: Light - Med. Sweetness | Well Rounded, Smooth SB married with Soft Marshmallow & light Cream | Mild Grain Cereal Coating
-------- Soft, Mod Dense, Medium Body, Velvety Full Mouth-Feel | Clean
-------- Complex Flavor

► Notes
• Off Notes - None

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle Aroma: Same | Intensity Level - Same / Strong

• Knuckle: “Cheerio” styled Grain pushed forward / More incorporated into Mix | Overall Creaminess = Thicker

• Vape: Same as above but richer Creamier Marshmallow | Softer Grain Coating | Overall SBerry = Light Sweetness & Intensity / Not Lost in Marshmallow & Grain
--------- Mouth Feel = Same but Rounder & Full

► Notes
• Off Notes - None

10/04/2017 (3.2 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark:) FINAL

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle Aroma: Same as Week 1 | Intensity Level = Unchanged - Strong ✓
------- Deep & Pleasant | Balanced = Sweet Velvet Strawberry & Marshmallow/Cream Upfront
------- with a heavy Coating of Grain Cereal

• Knuckle: Unchanged - Strawberry Marshmallow & Grain Well Blended ✓

• Vape: Overall Unchanged ✓
--------- Deep Flavor Intensity | Light Sweetness | Well Rounded & Smooth - Well Blended
--------- Med. “Cheerio” Grain with Soft & Slightly Creamy Marshmallow married with Semi Sweet SB
--------- Rounded, Soft, Mod Dense, Medium Body, Velvety Full Mouth-Feel | Clean

► Notes
• Slight Tartness | Not Dry
• Uses: As A Stand Alone > Options: + Marshmallow / Berries / Biscuit etc.
--------- Light Desserts: Pastries / Flaky Bakeries / Ice Cream Accent “Blizzard” / Cookies
--------- / Crispy Treats etc.

Estimate
► Usage: 3.5 - 4% min | 4.5 - 6.5% med | 7 - 8% max
Mix: 5.5 - 7%

■ Sub: N/A

Sweet Strawberry (Purilum)
“Sweet, juicy, and delicious! A delectable Strawberry thats perfect for almost any occasion! Especially greta with deserts this Strawberry will leave you craving more!”

Suggested percentage 5-10% - NicotineRiver.com

9/11/2017

Single Flavor Test 6.5%

►First Impressions

— Light Strawberry | Sweet SB (Cap) = Stronger SB Aroma
— Sweet, Light, & Fresh Baby Strawberry

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle Aroma: Lighter Overall | Baby Red SB w/ Faint Aroma of Artificial Candy SB
------- Comparison: Sweet SB (Cap) & SB (FA) Concentrate = Deeper / More Intense Aroma

• Vape: Mod. Sweetness with Slight Bite (Tartness) | Realistic SB & Hint of Candy SB Combo
--------- Light Mouth Feel: Smooth & Clean | Light Tartness/Nip lingers on tongue

► Notes
• Seems more of a Delicate Sweet SB
• No Floral, Earthy or Pungent Notes

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle Aroma: Overall Aroma Same / SB Aroma Intensity Increased…?

• Knuckle: Lightly Sweetened Baby SBerry with slight hint of candy SBerry

• Vape: Slight ↓ in Artificial SB & “Bite” | Overall Flavor Intensity ↑ to be Moderate vs Light
--------- Mouth Feel: Same as above but Less Tart

► Notes
• Same

10/04/2017 (3.2 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark: ) FINAL

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle Aroma: Unchanged from Week 2 :heavy_check_mark:
----- Med. Aroma Intensity | Aroma of Semi Sweet Ripe Baby SB & Hint of Candy SB

• Knuckle: Overall Unchanged | Smoother with ↓ in “Bite” :heavy_check_mark:
------ Moderately Sweet SB as describe above ^

• Vape: Overall Unchanged from Week 2 :heavy_check_mark:
------- Moderate Flavor Intensity | Med. Sweetness: Increased as Tartness ↓ | Bright, Crisp,
------- Semi Juicy, & Slightly Tart SB with a Hint of Artificial SB
------- Smooth, Light Body & Mouth-Feel | Clean

► Notes
• Uses: + with other SB’s to Carry SB ★Delicate
• Beverages, Light - Med. Bakeries / Pastries & Desserts

Estimate
► Usage: 4.5% min | 5 - 6.5% med | 7 - 9% max
Mix: 5 - 7%

■ Sub: Sweet SB (CAP) *Flavor Fade Noted

Strawberry Biscuit (NR) | (PUR)?
"Delicious Strawberry Biscuit with creamy notes! Reminiscent of Strawberry Pocky Sticks!"
Suggested percentage: 5-10% - NicotineRiver.com

9/11/2017
Single Flavor Test 7.5%

►First Impressions

–SB smells similar to SB Ripe (Cap) but almost Candy’ish - like SB Cream Candy.
–Mod. Sweet, Smooth & Creamy SB candy | Very light Biscuit / Cookie Flavor | Pocky…? Maybe…

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle: Very Pleasant Strong Aroma. Solid Ripe SB Upfront Softened with a Cream
------- Biscuit Aroma Light / Submissive

• Knuckle: Moderately Sweetened Ripe SB & Cream & Hint of Biscuit (SB & Cream Dominant)

• Vape: Lightly Sweetened SB Upfront Smoothed with a Mild Dairy Cream
-------- Light Dry Biscuit Incorporated but Mild / Light in Flavor

• Mod / Dense Mouth Feel

► Notes

9/26/2017 (2.1 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark:)

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle: Aroma Intensity Remains | Ripened Strawberry Dominant mixed with a Cream
------- Biscuit Aroma Light / Submissive | Scent similar to “Jam Monster Strawberry”

• Knuckle: Same as above but Creamier

• Vape: Same as above | Fuller Rounded Cream married to Lightly Sweetened SB | ↑ in Cream?
------ Light Dry Biscuit = Same as Above: Submissive
------ Overall Flavor Intensity = Moderate

• Fuller Dense Mouth Feel

► Notes
• *May need biscuit support or ↑ to 8.5 - 9% SF

10/04/2017 (3.2 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark: ) FINAL

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Tester Bottle: Aroma Intensity Unchanged - Strong ✓
----- Ripe Strawberry Remains Dominant | “Cream” Aroma ↓ - Submissive
----- Biscuit Aroma Faint & Not Easily Identified over SB Aroma

• Knuckle: Overall Unchanged from Wk 2
---- Mod Sweet | Ripe SB, Hint of Cream & Faint Butter | Biscuit Hidden

• Vape: Minor Changes
------- Flavor Intensity & Sweetness = Light | Ripe & Semi-Tart SB Dominant | Biscuit & Butter
------- Very Light & ↓ In Cream Flavor
------- Smooth w/ Slight Sharpness (SB) | Mouth Feel ↓ = Mod vs Dense | Clean

► Notes
• Hint of Tartness from SB | Balance with + Sweet SB
• + Support - Biscuit*, Butter & Cream Flavors
• Uses: Pastries / Bakeries / Creamy “Blizzard” Milkshakes

Estimate
► Usage: 4 - 5% min | 5.5 - 7% med | 7.5 - 9% max
Mix: 6 - 7.5%

■ Sub:

8 Likes

Excellent notes, thank you very much for sharing!

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

You’re very welcome @MysticRose & @Cutlass92. Thank you for taking the time to read them! :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Nicely detailed notes! Thank you for the time taken to do this.

3 Likes