Purilum Tasting Notes

Atomizer: Wasp Nano
Coil: Fused Clapton 0.53 Ohm
Mod: Coolfire IV TC100
Power: 40 - 50 Watts
VG/PG: 70/30
Flavor: 6%

Ambrosia
Nice creamy blend of pineapple and coconut with a hint of citrus on the exhale. I really like this. It’s very clean and fresh tasting. It’s been at least 20 years since I’ve eaten Ambrosia but this nailed the profile quite well. I recognized the flavor right away.

Banana Split
Not getting much banana from this. Heavy on the chocolate. There’s a hint of creams but not really ice cream. The chocolate is pretty good. Similar to Hershey syrup. Would be a good addition to an ice cream or milkshake.

Berry Blue
I know this one is called Berry Blue but I am definitely getting a darker berry from it. Possibly Blackberry or Boysenberry. Reminds me of Smuckers BlackBerry Jam but more of a syrup. It’s really good. I will definitely be adding this to some Vanilla Custard in the future.

Blueberry Peach Pastry
Wow! This is a fantastic flavor. A buttery pastry with sweet Blueberry and Peach. The pastry has the perfect amount of toasty goodness. It tastes similar to a flaky Croissant. The Blueberry and Peach is more of a jam than fresh fruit. After testing I immediately mixed up a 60ml and stuck it in the steep drawer. I think this would also make a great base for a Jam on Toast.

Chocolate Cake
This is a really great Chocolate Cake. I cranked the heat up on this one and it got even better. It has a bit of a Brownie taste but not quite as rich… It’s more of just a slightly under cooked cake.

Chocolate Cherry
Very rich chocolate. It’s not a dark chocolate but also not a milk chocolate either. It tastes like a brownie with a very subtle cherry finish. The chocolate is really nice. Not artificial like most others.

(EDIT) I came back to this one at the 21 Day mark and the cherry has really come forward nicely. The chocolate has also mellowed out to a more milk chocolate flavor. It is a very nice Cherry Cordial flavor that is smooth and tastey.

Chocolate Peanut Butter
More Peanut Butter than Chocolate. The Peanut Butter is more of a natural Peanut Butter. It’s not sweet and creamy like Jif or Skippy. It reminds me of the old fashion type that you would find in a health food store. The Chocolate is really faint. Hard to make out if it’s Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate.

Cherry Cola
Very convincing Cherry Cola. Nicely balanced with no cough syrup aftertaste. It doesn’t taste like it’s carbonated but also not flat like most Cola flavors. I’m assuming the Cherry is adding this effect. I’m not really a Cola fan but I could definitely vape this all by itself.

Fizzy Strawberry
This one is interesting. I taste the Strawberry but I’m getting a hint of Citrus as well. It’s good but not what I was expecting. It tastes like a Strawberry Punch. Very candy like and overly sweet. I’m not tasting anything fizzy though.

Neapolitan
The Strawberry and Chocolate are very accurate but it’s lacking the Vanilla and creaminess for a good Neapolitan Ice Cream flavor. This could make a great addition to a good Vanilla Ice Cream base.

Peanut Butter Cookie
Spot on peanut butter cookie. This is absolutely delicious. I am definitely going to continue vaping this as a single flavor. I think this will also make a great peanut butter base for a Reese’s peanut butter cup.

( I ended up making a 30ml of this at 80vg/20pg and put it in my Moonshot. This is so good at about 440f. Tastes like a fresh out of the oven cookie.)

Red Licorice
Pretty spot on Red Licorice. More like Red Vines than Twizzlers. There’s a little bit of waxiness on the end that lingers a bit. It’s not bad though

Sour Raspberry Candy
It’s tart but I wouldn’t say that it’s sour. It has a nice Raspberry Candy flavor. Kind of dry like maybe a Pixie Stix or Fun Dip candy. There’s a little bit of a chemical aftertaste but it’s not too bad. I’ll retest in another week or two and see if it has steeped off.

Toasted Coconut Mango Sherbet
Nice Sweet Mango with a hint of tartness. The Coconut is very light but lingers after the exhale. Doesn’t taste much like a Sherbet as it’s not really creamy. I would say this tastes more like a Sorbet. Either way, it’s very nice.

16 Likes

I freaking :heart: that peanut butter cookie!!!

6 Likes

It is tastes very much like a Peanut Butter Cookie, but not my kind of flavor.

3 Likes

Fair enough!

3 Likes

Chocolate Cake

Percentage Used: 6%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a single Kanthal .3 ohm Staircase coil at 27W. 24g kernel with 32g wrap, cotton wick.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 12 Days

Manufacturer Description: Wonderful Chocolate Cake flavor that satisfies the taste buds! If any dry notes occur while vaping this flavor, a simple added cream will resolve the issue!

Manufacturer Suggested Percentage: 5-10%

Aroma: Chocolate, cake.

Flavor Description: This does taste similar to chocolate cake. It reminds me of a light chocolate cake or cupcake, although it seems slightly dry. An authentic cocoa type flavored chocolate, not dark and bitter, nor sweet like milk chocolate. I’m not getting any frosting, just the cake. I’m not getting much in the way of mouth feel, I do feel it needs a longer steep.The chocolate isn’t strong enough for a fully flavor saturated chocolate cake really, just too light.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 2/10

Uses: It would be a good base or additive to work with for any chocolate cake, especially good with Purilum Chocolate Cherry to create a solid base for a black forest cake. It needs moisture, some type of cream maybe? Would be great with Flavorah Chocolate Deutsch to add more depth. Would be to help add body in creating chocolate puddings, creams, or custards.

Notes: Very mild chocolate, I’m not sure increasing the percentage will really help strengthen it. I’m afraid it might also increase the dryness.

7 Likes

Sour Raspberry Candy

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a single Kanthal .3 ohm Staircase coil at 27W. 24g kernel with 32g wrap, cotton wick.

Steep Time: 16 Days

Manufacturer Description: Tart/Sour candy with sweet notes of Raspberry! A truly unique and remarkable flavor that has numerous uses!

Manufacturers Suggested Usage: 5-10%

Aroma: Artificial raspberry. Sweetness.

Flavor Description: Sweet artificial raspberry candy. It has that hard candy flavor to it. Raspberry is the dominant flavor, but I’m also getting hints of blue raspberry every once in a while. This one also seems a bit dry, almost powdery? Maybe it’s from a sour additive? I’m not getting any sour flavor nor sensation. The raspberry seems muted and flat. It’s missing the juiciness that I usually associate with a hard candy, as well as that slight pucker tang usually found in the sour varieties.

Off Flavors: Hints of blue raspberry.

Uses: Candy. Additive to make raspberry coke, ginger ale, , lemon lime, cream soda, or raspberry soda. Anywhere you are looking for a sweet artificial raspberry flavor.

Notes: The dryness and muting made this a somewhat unpleasant vape for my personal tastes.

6 Likes

Keep’em coming Mystic! :hugs:
Very enlightening and appreciated! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Ambrosia

Steep Time: 15 Days

Manufacturer Description: Delicious spot on Ambrosia flavor! This creamy mixture of fruits can be used for some of the most unique recipes!

Aroma: Pineapple, coconut, cream.

Flavor Description: Creamy sweet coconut. It’s like the Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut, not fresh coconut or milk. Great body and thickness to the cream. Medium strength artificial pineapple, not as prominent as the coconut, but still a good blend. The pineapple has no acidity or bite that usually is present with fresh pineapple. I’m getting a very slight floral background note occasionally, not strong enough to be bothersome. It tastes very much like a very creamy and sweet virgin pina colada.

Off Flavors: Very faint perfume occasionally, not offensive.

Uses: I can see this making a great pudding or creamy dessert component for cakes or danishes, cookies, shakes, blended beverages, fruity cocktails. Ice cream or sherbet with a little koolada or WS-23.

Notes: Good strength for a single flavor around 6-8%. Maybe 2-5% in mixes.

8 Likes

Berry Blue

Manufacturer Description: Tasty Berry flavor that resembles the Blueberry, however you may receives slight notes from other berries like: Blackberries, Boysenberries, and more! Absolutely delicious and perfect for desserts and fruit blends!

Aroma: Blueberry, raspberry, sweetness.

Flavor Description: Black raspberry or blackberry jam or jelly? I’m not positive on the berry blend here, but those are the ones that stand out for me. Moderate to strong flavor, it has a natural sweetness. Meaning it doesn’t taste artificially sweetened, but it is sweet to the level of a jam or syrup. I don’t find any artificial flavoring notes in the fruit either, tastes very authentic. It has a jammy cooked fruit type flavor. Very well layered and saturated in flavor, I know there are additional underlying berry flavors hiding there, I just can’t identify them individually. They are from the seeded family though. I suspect marionberry, but I’m not positive.

Throat Hit: 3/10

Uses: Because of it’s cooked flavor, this will be the perfect fruit to use in baked applications. Pastries, danishes, cakes, doughnuts, pies, waffles, muffins, and coffee cakes are just a few. I would also be inclined to use this to make custards or flans, or as a fruit syrup on ice cream.

Notes: Has a bit of throat hit, so I’m imagining it was prominent before steep, so I would recommend at least a 2 week steep. I’m hoping further steeping will help as I’m not a fan of throat hit. If not I will try a lower percentage, maybe 5% instead of 7%? Single flavor usage for me will be 5-7%, and 1.5-3% in blends.

6 Likes

Banana Split

Manufacturer Description: Delicious Banana Split flavor with smooth ice cream notes. Chocolate is the dominant ice cream of this flavor and if any dry notes do occur, a simple cream addition can do the trick!

Manufacturer Suggested Usage: 5-10%

Aroma: Banana, chocolate, strawberry, cream.

Flavor Description: Chocolate and banana are pretty dominant here, I’m not getting much else. The banana is a pretty authentic fresh banana. The chocolate tastes like it has a cocoa powder base, it’s not syrupy or rich. There is just a faint hint of strawberry that you have to search for in the very back. Mouth feel/body is not creamy and actually dry. It’s lacking the strawberries, ice cream, and whipped cream.

Off Flavors: Dryness, lack of strawberry, ice cream, and chocolate.

Throat Hit: 1/10

Uses: A base for developing a banana split. I’ve kind of hit a wall on this one. I’ve got nothing.

Notes: Flavor strength was moderate at this strength. I don’t recommend a single flavor percentage on this one. Maybe 4-6% if attempting to build a banana split? This does need moisture for any application in my opinion.

6 Likes

Has anyone who has had acai berries or juice or the the natural flavor at all also had pur acai berry? Ive yet to see notes on any acai flavor where the tester had actually had acai before, lol. Its bar none my favorite berry for a few years now and i would be stoked to vape it. Flvs acai is not good, imo, and tpa’s tastes more like just a dark berry mix.
Real acai flavor might not be for everybody and its never a cheap endeavor, as they are from the rainforest. But i love it. Smoothie King and another smaller smoothie place here in jersey make a delicious authentic acai smoothie. Also, in the supermarkets here, in the expensive organic drink section they carry acai juice by a company called Sambazon and its great

1 Like

Reading @MysticRose notes on pur acai, that might be it. I could never describe taste well but that muskiness might be a way to describe it. I think of it as a sort of chalkiness but not in a bad way but that can only sound bad, lol. Gonna try it and hope for the best

Ps, how can one add a pic to a post?

2 Likes

Cherry Cola

Steep Time: 12 Days

Aroma: Cola, specifically Coke, not Pepsi. Mild cherry, faintly medicinal.

Manufacturer’s Description: True to its name, this flavor is a superb Cherry Cola flavor with the perfect balance of fruit and beverage!

Suggested Percentage: 5-10%

Flavor Description: Finally a real cherry cola! Although this doesn’t have a carbonated fizz (how can it in all honesty?) if someone can invent that effect in flavoring they will make goooood money! It doesn’t have that overly sweet flat cola flavor that has been in every cola flavor I have tried before. Very well balanced authentic cherry cola. The cola flavor has been balanced well with that artificial cherry that is usually found in soda acting as an accent flavor. It’s not overly sweet or syrupy, and I think that might be why it avoids that flatness.

Throat Hit: 1/10

Uses: Cherry cola single flavor. Cherry cola slurpee with some added WS-23 or Koolada. Maybe with a gummy candy flavor for cherry cola gummies? A vanilla would be good in this, just a plain vanilla like bourbon vanilla, nothing with cream notes.

Notes: I’m not quite sure what this could used in. Excellent single flavor cherry cola. Although I don’t like cherry cola, I might have to try this with some of that ws-23 cooling agent I requested and turn this into a yummy cherry cola slurpee. Good strength at this percentage, 6-8% for a single flavor.

6 Likes

Toasted Coconut Mango Sherbet

Steep Time: 20 Days

Manufacturer’s Description: A unique flavor with a deliciously unique taste! A perfect background to tropical fruit blends or desserts!

Suggested Percentage: 5-10%

Aroma: Cat urine, mango, hint of coconut.

Flavor Description: Authentic creamy fresh mango. I’m also getting a hint of peach in the background. It has a very nice and light creamy texture and taste. Not like a dense fresh cream or ice cream, but a smooth creamed mango like it’s been blended with a coconut milk as the base maybe? The coconut is faint and missing any toasted flavor. It’s also missing that slight tart or tang usually present with a sherbet. It’s more of a fruit sorbet to me. It’s naturally sweet like the normal sweetness of fruit vs a sugar sweetened sherbet. This is a unique flavor that is hard to describe.

Off Flavors: Lack of “toasted” in the coconut, hints of peach.

Throat Hit: 3/10

Uses: This is a good fruit sorbet. It would be good paired with almost any tropical fruit for fruit punches or smoothies. Additional creamy or toasted coconut to add some support to what is already there. Vanilla and or cinnamon might add a tasty tweak.

Notes: The coconut is good if you want just a hint of the flavor, I think it would be even better with some more toasted coconut added.
Flavor saturation is mild to moderate at this percentage. For a fully saturated flavor it’s probably better in the 7-9% range. 2-4% in mixes.

7 Likes

Any other Acai berry fans, sorry, but Purilum, like every other flavor house so far, failed to produce an authentic acai flavor. It’s flat, needs support, and lacks anything that would define it as an acai flavor. To me, it doesnt taste much different from tfa or flv’s failing attempts.
I had an Acai Adventure smoothie from Smoothie King today. Now that, while not cheap, was truly authentic!! So, im going to hope that one day, maybe someone like Medicine Flower will produce a true Acai. Im guessing, since Acai berries are so expensive, maybe the cost to do extracts would just be prohibitive?

I do like the Pur pb cookie though!

(Sorry for wasting note space)

6 Likes

Hey, disparaging notes are still notes! Your opinion of the flavor doesn’t have to be good for it to be valid and helpful. I don’t shop there, but others who do and want to try it, now know that it’s not worth the trouble. :grin:

Good luck in your search for the perfect Acai. Seems like everyone has a unicorn. That one flavor they just can’t seem to get exactly the way they want. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

What JoJo said. :wink:

Ooh, me too! :yum:

6 Likes

As soon as my blizzard of holiday spending is over and (ironically enough for winter) my flavor freeze has thawed, PUR pb cookie is tippy top of the ever-growing list lol

4 Likes

Thanks @JoJo and @VapeyMama
I actually just came back here to delete my comment because im one of those people who doesnt like much conflict or negativity. But it is how i truly feel about the flavor so its relevant. One day that real deal acai will hopefully be replicated and concentrated!

8 Likes

I’m glad you left it. Heck if you look at my notes there are times when I annihilate a flavor. If something is bad or gross I’m not scared to say so. LoL. People should know these things. :wink:

9 Likes