Purilum Tasting Notes

Please don’t remove it. It’s a compilation of everyone’s experience with a flavor that gives the most authentic flavor experience. If only the people that like stuff says positive things, and people are too afraid to be honest if they don’t like it, then things just turn into the next “hyped” flavor, which is really just ok if that. But because no one posted negative although honest opinions, we all just jump on the gotta have it wagon. I wish more people weren’t afraid of being honest, and that all vendors could take feedback constructively. Some do, but there is a difference between constructive criticism and malicious. Yours was constructive, and your honesty is refreshing. Thank you!

7 Likes

Vanilla Bourbon w/ Cream PUR

I love this flavor, man is it a really yummy vanilla bean. I was a little confused, and wanted to clarify my notes on it, so I went straight to the source, the wonderful folks at Purilum. Is it supposed to Bourbon Vanilla (location of vanilla grown) or Bourbon alcohol? The answer is it is meant to mimic the taste and intensity of bourbon alcohol, blended with a thick vanilla cream. It does have that cream note that’s also found in Nilla Wafers w/ Milk, and I’m finding its just a taste that goes along with some Purilum flavors. It’s a really strong vanilla bean, and the bourbon is only slightly intense. I find myself using it as a pure vanilla cream, the bourbon is just a nice addition to the mix.

Sweet Tobacco PUR

Oh muh goodness. I wish I would have pulled the trigger on this one sooner, it’s magnificent. It doesn’t taste like a fully robust tobacco, it’s nutty, and I get graham and honey from it as well. I think my views on the flavor are a little different than others, but that’s just my palate. It’s not nutty like say a 555, which is overly nutty to the point of slightly bitter. I haven’t used it as a sole tobacco yet, I have used it together with HS RY4. The honey aspect is really odd, not bad odd, but it tastes like honey from an oat cereal, or a oat and honey granola bar, like a simple syrup type honey, not dark, and certainly not floral. It’s the most realistic honey I have ever tasted in a concentrate. I don’t know if they meant for a honey or graham flavor, but it is delicious. I have been using this one at around 1-2.5% in a mix with other tobacco flavors.

8 Likes

Sorry couldn’t resist

Thanks for the notes been eyeing Vanilla Bourbon w/ Cream PUR off for a little while now as soon as i catch up it will be on my list.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if Puilium is available in the UK?
Would love to get my hands on a couple to try out.

3 Likes

I happen to have a selection coming from the US of A…might be able to spare you a few ml to check out! :grin:

11 Likes

Did anyone ever say that you’re the best?
Thank you for your very generous and kind offer!

6 Likes

I’ll send you a pm once they’ve arrived and you can let me know which ones you’d like to try :+1::tada::grin:

4 Likes

It seems like they have slowed way down on any new flavors. They did release a lot in a short period of time though :slight_smile:

I keep forgetting that not everyone has access to all the different flavorings. I look forward to your notes!!!

4 Likes

I’m planning on ordering the following to add to my collection if/when the New Years code comes out…
Tropical Blend
Peanut Butter Cookie
Wild Berry Harvest
Marshmallow

6 Likes

I have had a lot of luck with their flavors. I just got their Country Apple and really like it. Almost a crisper liter FA Fiji Apple. I finally got time to setup a tour of their production facility this Friday. Hopefully pick up a few tips and tricks.

7 Likes

Hopefully your going to pass anything you learn on here… even if you don’t learn anything new or enlightening, let us know how your tour goes please.

6 Likes

Definitely. I’m sure I will not gain anything ground breaking, but I will definitely pass on any knowledge I gain and the tour.

4 Likes

OooOOOoooh!! I’m jealous!

3 Likes

I guess its too late now but for next time, if you like Frankenberry cereal, i would recommend the Purilum Strawberry Marshmallow Cereal. Good stuff, imo.

4 Likes

What did you find happens with this flavor with steep?

2 Likes

You know… I’m not sure…i think my notes were based on a two week steep? I’ll have to see if i still have the sf tester bottle. I have mixed it several times for the husband as a sf, but he usually finishes it before it gets to steep very long.

Edit: Found it! So at 5ish months old now, its not a lot different than it was at 2wks. Maybe just slightly weaker. Still getting a really nice cc & candy watermelon. Actually I’ll probably just go ahead and finish off this tester bottle today!

5 Likes

The Marshmallow is amazing! Hands down the best Gooey, sticky mess I have tried. It’s really yummy with Cap SL Whipped in a recipe as well for some added fluff. Using Marshmallow as a sweetener never really worked for me, but this one does for some reason, or even a few drops Marshmallow with 1 drop PUR Super Sweet sweetens nicely.

5 Likes

I like the tropical blend. The Peanut butter cookie to me was “dry” so I added 1% FLV sweet cream and a touch of FLV peanut butter and like it that way. Ditto for what Silhouette said about the MM. I like FA but this may be my go to.

3 Likes

Agreed. I love the pb cookie flavor, I feel like there’s a bit of saltiness to it which I really like. But it’s not a standalone flavor, needs some backup for sure. I bet some Ina peanut and FA butter would be delicious with it! :yum:

3 Likes

I’ll have to try that. FLV peanut butter is more peanut than peanut butter so if its like that I will like it for sure. It was a toss up on the cream but FLV sweet cream is milky to me . Kind of peanut butter cookies and milk like. But the butter… yeah that sounds great.

3 Likes