Purilum Tasting Notes

One thing to try that a few mixers have given positive feedback on is mixing in a little bit of FLV Sweet Coconut to battle the dryness / savory note that comes with doing Peanut Butter

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting, I can see how that could work. Is there something special about flv sweet coconut? I donā€™t have that exact one but I do have severalā€¦

2 Likes

The creaminess from it is what works well with Peanut Butter and it is fairly versatile. Here is a quick breakdown of it from Concrete River starting around the 12 min mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G463JGYMBuY&t=720s

3 Likes

Soā€¦ What youā€™re trying to say is ā€œIā€™ve got a lovely bunch of coconutsā€? :wink:

(Sorry, but you know I canā€™t pass up the chance for a Monty Python line.)

7 Likes

smothered in butterā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks. The reason I ask is I got this the first week of November and mixed a 5% SF. I liked it at the time of mix, but it tasted like it needed a steep. Then at 2 weeks was a little fainter. At one month fainter still. Then at some point in month 2 it came back to life. Now itā€™s really amazing to me. Iā€™m trying my best to let it steep more because I have a feeling this will be the secret ingredient to some amazing mixes.

5 Likes

need help with anyone who has messed around with Purilum flavoring, im trying to make some flavors using just Purilum and find it hard compared to using different flavorings, any advice would be much appreciated

1 Like

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=purilum

tons of info here.

5 Likes

thanks! ive read most of those, its just they dont have anything with just that flavoring its always something mixed in ya know

3 Likes

Many of us work with purilum flavors, but I donā€™t think any of us work with just that brand. Most of these flavors take a long time too steep, and probably one of the reasons not many use just one brand. Also while PUR isnā€™t a bad brand, itā€™s lacking flavor profiles that other brands have already done or done better.

If you list the flavors you have or want to work with, as well as the profile you like to archive, maybe we can give some advise and suggestions. Otherwise take a look at mixers like @Silhouette, she works a lot with these and maybe even has a couple PUR only recipes.

7 Likes

thanks for the response! i am wanting to work with fruit and dessert. especially a good raspberry and watermelon, the watermelon just seems harsh the high ive used it, opposed to a TFA watermelon i could use a 9% and it will be flavorful and not harsh. simply cake and strawberry yogurt are also great, just needing to figure out what pairs best with them

3 Likes

I actually found some starting percentages with the PUR Watermelon around 0.5-7%. I would definetly start at a lower percentage, maybe 3% for a full Watermelon. Sometimes I find some PUR flavors more potent than TPA (to me at least). I havenā€™t actually worked with many of their fruit flavors, mostly creams, but there are tons of good flavor notes here for percentages.

5 Likes

We were having a discussion about the Country Apple, the other night, on its potency. I dont use a lot of their stuff but the ones i do use i think im going to retest in single flavor.

5 Likes

are you referring to the 3% as a single flavor or a percent for pairing with other flavors?

1 Like

Heck, either or. Me personally, I like lower percentages. Thatā€™s just me. If itā€™s a strong flavor, I SF Test at like 0.5%. But for middle road potency I do 1-2%.

4 Likes

ive used 20-25% usually, heck even higher sometimes, but thats with other flavor companies which i think sometimes level out the higher the percentage. this puriulm is really testing my patience lol

2 Likes

I tested purilum watermelon at 6% single flavor and it was a nice flavorful vape. Not harsh at all. A bit more candy like than real watermelon though.

3 Likes

I did a small test last year of purilium mixed with other brands and purilium on its own mixed with its own. I found that purilium to me, tastes best with its own. Around 8-10%. Purilium is good and has a lot of good stuff but tends to be on the weak side if used in max vg mixes.
Purilium to me now, is also best when used as rhe centerpiece then use some powerful brands to support it.
Latest mix was 9.4% purilium butter pecan ice cream, .3% hangsen French ice cream and .2% flavor revolution cream brƻlƩe. Steep 1-2 days. Max vg.

4 Likes

Some pretty interesting, and very useful observations there Russ! :thumbsup:

3 Likes

This is simply an example of purilium mixed with its own. Didnā€™t put much thought into it but surprisingly, it tastes like an old fashioned fruit salad I had as a very young Marine. Lol as far as country apple goes, I added it in too. More like a yellow delicious with no peel. Very similar in taste of a two week old apple thatā€™s been sitting under refrigeration. Good yet somewhat bland. It worked here though.

3 Likes