Purilum Tasting Notes

Yes @muth from two vendors in the U.K. one being Rainbow Vapes and the other being NomNoms. Neither sell the full range of Purilum flavours and for some reason Rainbow Vapes has reduced the range available down to only a few at the moment so maybe they will stop selling Purilum flavours altogether.

7 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I think I will pick some more up just in case they do stop selling it.

4 Likes

I have to revisit it, been a while since I used it but remember it being tasty. I am hesitant to use PUR flavors now as you never know when it will be discontinued. Now I only use PUR flavors in mixes for myself only, hate to make a recipe for everyone else I mix for all of a sudden be hard to source a PUR flavor.

Off the top of my head my favorite PUR flavors are:

Nilla Wafer with Milk

Meringue (no longer available)

The old version of Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream (I got what appears to be a different version on my last order I do not like)

Watermelon and Watermelon cotton candy

Vanilla Nut Brittle. If you like peanut brittle this stuff is delicious and accurate.

I know they have more I like, PUR has some good flavors, just wish they had more sources to buy from.

Oh and Strawberry Swirl is a very good Strawberry that just needs to steep. Tested it at 2% sf and after about a month it really popped.

10 Likes

For the win!

7 Likes

Thank you for mentioning that. I was also not impressed with the one I got recently and I could not relate to previous reviews.

Maybe it was re-formulated?

7 Likes

Purilum Grape Soda

Good strong grape flavor, nice fizzy hint. Not overwhelmingly sour grape but not too sweet. Has no skin flavor.

Resembles Grapette soda but needsā€¦moreā€¦ to boost it to a solid flavor.

Vapeable as a single flavor but a little flat by itself. My suggestion is a little purple grape juice, White grape, and a touch of apple. Your choice of manufacturer and type.

5 Likes

That is exactly what I was thinking, my 15ml sample was excellent but when I went back to order more it was out of stock for a long time. I even emailed river supply on when it would be back in stock and they said they had an order in but were not sure. It was a long time ago but think it was like 2 or 3 months until it finally showed up back in stock. Ordered a 120ml bottle and nope, my recipe was not the same. Asked river supply if I got the wrong flavor and they were kind enough to send a replacement and yep, not the same.

So bummed, loved the original and now have 240 ml that I have no idea what to do with.

4 Likes

I believe this to be true @Lucas_James_Holden, although Nom Nomz still shows it in stock. This is the only condensed milk I use and really like it, Iā€™ve been looking for a replacement and have been told that Solub Arome condensed milk is a good oneā€¦

5 Likes

I hope their Butter Pecan wasnā€™t reformulated. I really like that one; my fav PUR flavor.

I also heard SA Condensed Milk is good.

5 Likes

Thank you for letting me know mate, itā€™s sad and annoying when these flavour houses discontinue or reformulate their good stuff but keep the rubbish so to speak. Luckily I have just picked up a 30ml bottle from NomNomz before they too sell out. I have the Solub Arome Condensed Milk and had always used it as a substitute for Purilum which wasnā€™t available in the U.K. until fairly recently and I always had good results. Some say that the SA version is the best Condensed Milk flavour that theyā€™ve ever tried so hopefully all is not lost.

7 Likes

about their Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream, at what percentage do you use it? I used it at 6% and still feels like itā€™s not strong enough.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t get a chance to try Butter Pecan Praline ICe Cream yet; what i meant is Butter Pecan PUR, not BPPIC PUR. I donā€™t remember i ever used it as a primary flavor, but itā€™s amazing building block. I often use it witfh creams, ice creams, cookies, nuts, white chocolate,etc, usually at around 0.5-1.5%. I like it more than Butter Pecan FW.

6 Likes

Oh, ok. Thank you. I think I got a very old batch of pur bppic here. Itā€™s too weak.

5 Likes

So BCF no longer carries PUR Cookie and I havenā€™t been able to find it elsewhere, I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a suitable substitute.

2 Likes

Try Shortbread cookie (SSA). Itā€™s actually a better flavor. Cookie (Plurium) was/is a shortbread cookie and Shortbread cookie (SSA) a better cookie.

5 Likes

Hey thank you @rcleven , I do have SSA Shortbread cookie and will try it as a sub. Thank you!

4 Likes

Tell us how you like it.

3 Likes