Pyure - Testing What it does for Fruits and Harshness

2 Likes

What do people think of this brand of stevia?

Personally I have been opposed to adding anything to my ejuices. Sadly, I think the last push I need for orange is the smallest amount of a sweetener.

1 Like

I just ordered from here with international shipping for $3:
http://il.iherb.com/pr/Pyure-Brands-Organic-Liquid-Stevia-Extract-0-9-fl-oz-26-ml/72090
I received an email with the following code for $5 off a first order: SAVE2017.
BTW, the il at the beginning of the URL will change according to the country you enter the site from, so you might want to use http://iherb.com/pr/Pyure-Brands-Organic-Liquid-Stevia-Extract-0-9-fl-oz-26-ml/72090 if the first link doesnā€™t open correctly for you.

2 Likes

Mine says ā€œConsume within 30 Days of openingā€ Anyway to preserve it longer? Also see some flavors from Capella with Stevia added as a sweetener on the market. Anyone have one of those flavors? - do they say to use the flavor within 30 days also?

Pyure Liquid Stevia Extract. Water, Organic Stevia Leaf Extract (Reb A), Natural Flavor. Local Grocery Store small bottle 1.8 FL OZ (53ml)

2 Likes

they changed the formula of the organic steviaā€¦it use to have aplle cider vinegar an citric acid probaly as a preservativeā€¦the dont make it like that any moreā€¦that was the better oneā€¦i tried the newer version and its differentā€¦has a taste where as the older version had no tasteā€¦you can still find places with the older versionā€¦

4 Likes

@AlanS TY Go figure.

1 Like
4 Likes

Does anyone still use Pyure?

If so, do you use it in fruit and bakery and custard recipes? At what percentages?

And last, what have you noted about coil gunking? :crazy_face:

Thank you so much for your advice!

3 Likes

I havenā€™t used this additive before but wanted to say welcome back! Itā€™s been a long time.

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have tried both forms , powder and liquid. Stay away from the powdered form. It doesnā€™t blend well with the PG. It separates and you have to start again. The liquid form is what it is, Stevia. You like the taste or donā€™t.
I have used it straight out of the bottle and it is sweet even at 0.5% so I make a 10% solution in PG for more control.

6 Likes

Not anymore , the bitter aftertaste was pretty bad so i started making a base with Stevia and Erythritolā€¦

I use to use it across the board and .5pct was my max

Cleaner than Sucraloseā€¦

Great to see you , hope all is wellā€¦

4 Likes

Very nice to see you again @MysticRose. Sorry I canā€™t help you in regards to the Pyure.

3 Likes

I just trued this like a month ago. Only used it once because people said here they changed the formula and it wasnt good anymore.

It did what i intended slightly which was reduce some harshness in a mix. There was a slightly off aftertaste

3 Likes

Whoa. Havenā€™t seen you in a minute. Welcome back.

4 Likes

Thank you all for the welcome and the info.

I guess I will use my Purilum SS. I never used sweeteners much so just was curious. I donā€™t want to mute and I know the cotton candy is notorious for that. :yum:

Happy mixing all!

4 Likes

@MysticRose I miss seeing your reviews. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cotton candy aka em is a flavor compound not a sweetener so the reason it can mute some juices is some flavors already contain the maltol flavor compound in it so often when you add more of the compound to those flavorings your bringing it beyond its maximum usage level. In some flavors however it can make certain compounds explode with flavor like creams

2 Likes