Quantities in Medicine Flower bottles?

Rob,

You be rocking it pretty hard man. I dunno about the thumb ring, but you seem like you’re working it out. Beard’s a little on the short side, but it’ll grow in :wink: Respect.

Jonesin to check out what you sent me. Hope you’re getting something cool in return.

1 Like

I got almost the same reply, so on to further testing to determine specific gravity. Basically it sounds like they are saying, “Hey, we sold you a 15ml bottle with some stuff in it, we didnt say 15ml of flavoring.”…

I noticed that they change the link name from Organic Flavors to Genuine Flavors. Wonder whats up with that…

Sorry it took my until now to reply, we are having some ISP issues around here and i dont have the pass for this site on my phone.

1 Like

I got the same reply, practically. I think it is a bit naughty what they are doing, certainly if they were a UK based company they wouldn’t be allowed to get away with short measures. But as I am UK citizen buying from the US, I will have to lump it, I suppose.

They offered me something similar, but importing them into the UK I am subject to shipping costs $45 if I bought say 5 bottles ($110 dollars), then duties and taxes and clearance charges by Royal Mail. It will probably end up more expensive than buying them in the UK, Which is wty I got them shipped to my daughters hotel in New York whilst she was having a short break over there last week, so she could bring them back with her.

I haven’t bought from Rawliving in UK I would be interested to see how much there bottles contain, As they look very similar to Medicine Flower bottles from the USA?

The thing is I would have still bought them to try if they had correctely stated 12 or 13 ml on the website and bottle. But if they advertise 1/2oz/15 ml then that that is what I expect. Hopefully they will change the website to reflect this soon.

Also they say they weigh there 1oz bottles so you should get the full 1oz? in my reply

Anyway I have my flavours steeping now and looking forward to sampling them over the next 4 weeks and hopefully the flavours won’t leave a bitter taste in my mouth like the measurements have.

Thanks to the people that confirmed my initial measurement findings. As I wasn’t sure what I was seeing was correct and the ability to ask a question and get answers to them quickly make forums like this so useful…

5 Likes

K just read through this. I have determined I am extremely sensitive to pg. switched from my usual 20 or % tfa cap to some of HIC 5-6% recipes and all my problems have almost completely disappeared within 24 hours. I am looking at switching completely away from high% companies( aaargh) have over 120 TFA /CAP bottles lol. Do we have a post specifically for pg sensitivity? What other companies are extremely strong? What about vg based flavours? Just mixed a 3 mil sample of ooo strawberry sherbet top shelf to make 100 mils definitely delicious at 3%

1 Like

I’d be very surprised if RawLiving are doing anything other than importing the MF bottled products and selling them within the EU labelled as containing 15ml.
Perhaps an email to RL, explaining that you’d heard of volume discrepancies and asking what assurances they have received from MF that the products conform to EU directives?

Just because these flavour extracts are utterly amazing doesn’t mean the MF are entitled to rip the shit out of their customers.

4 Likes

We don’t have a specific thread for PG sensitivity, but there are a lot of posts here and there. @Amy2 and @Ken_O_Where both do max VG due to PG sensitivity (I think). Sounds like a good opportunity to start a thread to share ideas and techniques for minimizing PG as much as possible. :wink:

3 Likes

your such an awesome gal ! I shall do so when I get the MF flavors in !! Because I know off the bat I’m going to do a Vg based flavor dilution with them or at least try my butt off !

2 Likes

Dear sir, on behalf of the American people, please accept my apologies for this embarrassment and a particular marmot festooned moron presidential candadite. We regret to be associated with these things as a populace in general. We’re mostly pretty honest.

1 Like

@Amy2 I will be making a large purchase of MF as well on the 21st pls keep me in the loop. Any suggestions on which flavours to buy would be great.

2 Likes

I just started with the ones I would like, watermelon, strawberry, blueberry and at @Ken_O_Where 's suggestion vanilla ! I will do that dear ! I understand, pg sensitivity really stinks !

2 Likes

Honestly, you can go wrong with their stuff if what you are looking for is the real fruit taste. In some cases i like a candied flavor so i choose another vendors flavoring over MF. For example i like candy banana so i use Lorann Banana Cream as the MF Banana is too real.

I have been vaping a White Peach (MF) + Menthol + Eucalyptus/Mint all day. Fantastic.

2 Likes

I can make an argument that will shake up MF a bit. When they advertise to sell 15 ml of any type of fluid, and they only sell 12 ml, there are regulations in place with the FTC that pertain specifically to just that. It is shady business practices at best and illegal at worst. If they shorted you and you can prove it, tell MF you are going to file a complaint with the FTC, your state’s Attorney General, and last and for the most part least, the BBB; for product mis-representation and THEN see what they have to say. I don’t care how damned good their flavors are. What they are doing is illegal and just plain wrong if indeed that is what they are doing. Specific gravity my ass, 15 ml of volume is 15 ml of volume and density has nothing to do with it.
I adamantly refuse to take one in the ass from ANYBODY. They try to screw me, SCREW THEM!

4 Likes

I just say if you don’t like it, don’t buy em. I’m gonna continue to buy them regardless, because I love the flavors. Call me stupid or whatever but I’ll take these flavors, short or not, over anything in my current stash. People will vape whatever they want and I love vaping these flavors.

1 Like

The point is though, for me personally this is probably the most expensive flavour per ml I have ever bought. I paid my money in good faith and expected between 14-15ml per bottle to only receive as low as 12-12.5ml is a bit much. They are making close on 10-15% extra on an already expensive rrp per ml. Depending on what the actual quantity should be in the bottle 1/2 oz or 15ml?

I would have paid the same price if it had stated $22 for 12ml when I bought them, but that isn’t what was being offered to me at the time of purchase, This company is starting to get a bit of buzz behind them in the DIY market. Just imagine having the ability to make 10-15% extra on top of what you are already charging for the potentially 1000’s of orders they may be getting in the DIY market in the coming months. They must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I have ordered from many flavour companies over the past 3 years and have measured quantities for first time orders from many of them, Medicine flower are the only company I have ever come across that has short changed the amount I actually have received.

I have ordered from TFA, Inawera, Atmos Lab who all supply some or all of there concentrates in glass bottles and the quantity supplied to me has matched the actual advertised amount for that product

I don’t buy pre-made juices but there must be 15ml bottles available that hold an actual 15ml quantity even with a glass dropper inside, Otherwise these £10 for 15 ml “premium” pre-made juices on the market are getting a nice little mark up as well no doubt?

2 Likes

I’m only speaking for me and how I feel about the situation. Everybody can make a personal choice. I have over a hundred flavors that sucks so bad that I will never use them. Some are low priced but you need a half bottle to get any flavor and even then the taste is nowhere near what it should be. That’s a ripoff too. If I’m gonna get ripped off at least make it something I can use.

4 Likes

I get that. It really isn’t the point though. I am sure they are delicious flavors. I look forward to ordering some for myself in the future. But they really need to get their shit in one sock before I do. Like bluenose said, I’d probably buy them at that price point for 12 ml, if that’s what it was advertised at. But to knowingly and intentionally short people, and then try to explain it away is just wrong, and according to Federal regulations illegal.

5 Likes

Have to say that i agree. I have, well had, a couple hundred flavorings that never even made it past tasting it in a shot glass of water. Gave them all to my nephews. At least with MF i know i will like them as they are real extracts, combined with the flavorings i know i like i believe i have finally found the stuff i can vape for a long time to come. Considering i have been using such very low %'s of these and how much i love them im not going to shy away.

I will probably just buy from ECX during their next sale and transfer the 5ml to bigger and better bottles.

4 Likes

Ill see if i can get some of the folks over on the DIY sub to shoot out emails as well. Perhaps we can pressure them into changing these bottles and correcting the issue.

7 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
See This? This is the cool ass kind of disagreement and resolution I have never seen on any other forum. Y’all is some cool folk.

My personal opinion is like @bradslinux, had I the balls to say it that way. What is right is right and what is wrong simply cannot be supported under any justification. It is a black and white issue to me.

. . .and my right ear started ringing three days ago so I’m hoping it’s not the damned vape plague. They need to fix their shit. RFN.

3 Likes

I can agree with that. But even being short these are too good for me to not buy them.

2 Likes