Question about Cheesecake

In the berry cheese crepe I did I used it at 1%. It’s been a bit since I’ve used it though so it’s possible now that I am a lil more experienced I wouldn’t like it I guess. Lol. I need to go back and try it again.

1 Like

its a good place to start thank you

1 Like

So since I was inspired by this thread, I am starting my cheesecake testings today and that got me to thinking. @Pro_Vapes, do you have/tried Hangsen’s Italian cream? I can’t confirm if my speculations are correct yet, but the Italian cream has a really nice tangy-ness to it, akin to yogurt and…well…cheesecake :slight_smile:

I have about a dozen variations of a cheesecake so far and hoping to knock out a few dozen more before days end, I’ll report back after they steep but I had completely forgotten about this flavor until now. Fingers crossed!

5 Likes

I LOVE that Italian Cream by Hangsen myself. Have used in several recipes with great results.

4 Likes

No I don’t have it. I’ll look into getting some tho. Keep us posted on your testing.

2 Likes

I am very fond of it myself , I love the tangy flavor mixed with Nonna’s Cake.I bet @DarthVapor is correct as usual and can make a great cheesecake with Italian Cream!

4 Likes

As much as I appreciate the confidence, how the hell do I get you in front of my girl!?! I really could benefit from her hearing this shit elsewhere!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Girl!!! You don’t have time for that mister! Get back to the beakers and give the world the cheesecake it needs!:laughing:

8 Likes

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^ :laughing:

Get to work Mr we’re all counting on you!! lol :laughing:

5 Likes

Welp. I was guilted into it. I did make some tester mixes. Now the waiting has begun. It’s only a small batch but I am super hopefull. I so cannot wait as always.

Sadly, I have my orange batches calling my name next weekend so I have to wait until I’m done with testing those. But come to think of it…cheesecake and orange. Hmmmm. Another day I guess.

4 Likes

I haven’t tried any orange cheesecake mix but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.They only orange I ever tried until recently was the common dreamsicle or Trix types until @Amy2 turned me on to one of her mixes called Vienna Sunset.
It is a Sweet Tangerine ,Goji , Vanilla Custard masterpiece ! I almost regret sharing it with a few others at work as now they always are hitting me up , "Hey big man got any Vienna Sunset? Can you fill a tank?:grinning: I need to make them join ELR to rate these fine recipes that I have shared with them!
I bet you could make something pretty special with a Orange Cheesecake mix!
Here is the recipe for Vienna Sunset

Vienna Sunset

Ingredient%
Goji (FE)0.75
Italian Lemon Sicily (CAP)2.35
Meringue (TPA)1.75
Sweet Tangerine (CAP)3.85
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)1
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP)2
Vienna Cream (FA)1

Flavor total: 12.7%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

So sweet I appreciate your kind words @BoyHowdy :heart:

I do love this mix @DarthVapor is Guna adapt it and surprise me w/ a masterpiece I am sure :blush:

4 Likes

I just ate a slice of Fazoli’s NY Style Cheesecake and I analyzed the hell out of every bite. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned tasting lemon in cheesecakes… I concur. I get that too. I also got the slightest trace of Coconut. I also think a bit of custard would go a long way to recreating the way cheesecake coats your mouth.

IMO all the notes mentioned above are missing from the cheesecake I’ve tried.

3 Likes

Hey Team and @Pro_Vapes / @DarthVapor here is my first tests.

Cheesecake Cap Base (I call things a base so I know later to add other twists…like a fruit, a graham, or other)
NY Cheesecake V2 Cap 4%
Creamcheese icing LA 2%
Greek Yogurt TPA 2%

Mixed 9/16. Vaped this week. Sickly sweet. Can sense the cream cheese icing, Can taste a little bit of cheesecake…but not “Ny” cheese cake. Looking for a pound of cheese cake in a single bite (I really like eggy/cream cheese cheesecake normally called a true NY or Philly Cheese Cake). I really think the 2% Greek yogurt is just right…maybe trim 0.25% off so it’s not noticeable. Might shave cream cheese by 0.25%. I think one I add a graham cracker or other elements the sweet part will balance.

Cheesecake LA Base
Cheesecake LA 3% (I can’t remember why I settled on 3%, I think it is the addition of the icing)
Cream Cheese Icing LA 2%
Greek Yogurt TPA 2%

Mixed 9/16. Vaped this week. The flavor was flat and very little cheese cake or cream cheese icing. Can taste the greek yogurt trying to do its thing as intended. Main thought, very sad and flat.

Question…should I do 5% on cheesecake LA? 6%? Or is it the greek yogurt destroying cheesecake LA? Kinda odd the cream cheese icing was really lacking. (this may also be an @Amy2 question as well)

I am kinda sad by the performance of Cheesecake LA. I have one other tester with the same ratio’s with a savory proven fruit blend I use for my scone recipe…The fruit is spot on and lacking cheesecake. Grrrr.

3 Likes

@Chrispdx Do you think using creamy yogurt instead of greek would help ??? i get too much sour cream taste in the greek btw i have 30ml of cap greek yogurt if yiu would like it ??? i will never use it i have been playing with la cream cheese icing and cheesecake as well and have found caps Ny cheesecake is better but pairing the tqo LA ones 5 % cheescake and 2 to 2.5 % cream cheese icing and added fa cream whipped and flavorah cream FA at 1.5 and flavorah cream at 1 i think ill habe to double check but using a yogurt sounds good but for me it would have to be the creamy and not the greek CORRECTION the other two creams are caps VC1 at 1pct and Fa cream fresh at 1.5 just checked NO flavorah cream

I adore Capella’s Creamy Yogurt. It’s very light and mild like unflavored Yoplait. Over 8% gets a bit sour. My favorite single flavor is 7%. It might work. It seems to go with everything else I’ve tried.

1 Like

ive only used it to make a friend a peach yogurt ive never actually considered using it to add as an added light cream

1 Like

Couldn’t hurt to try a small batch. I’m pretty new still so this is far from expert advise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ill try anything and any advice is better than no advice right thats the great think about diy you could never be wrong for me i battle ocd but when im mixing it soothes my compulsiveness but still end up trying something different when everyone else loves it lol

1 Like

The continuing search for my ultimate cheesecake has led me this, my third rendition, The first one was delicious but i thought the LA cheesecake was a bit too strong, it had an almost aniseed tinge to it…so I dropped it on the second one, however as it turns out I kept going back to the original as I started to love that tinge so on this I upped it again and so far after a few days this is superb, the Lemon really lends itself to the LA cheesecake and cream cheese icing, I’d love someone else to give this a shot to give me their verdict or any tips as to where it should go next…if anywhere…

Lemonilla Cheesecake Supreme #3

Ingredient %
Brown Sugar (FW) 0.5
Cheesecake (LA) 3.5
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 0.5
Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 2
Ethyl Vanillin 10% (TPA) 1.5
French Vanilla (CAP) 2
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 2.5
Greek Yogurt (Flavorah) 1
Lemon Sicily (FA) 3
Marshmallow (CAP) 1
Meringue (FA) 1
Whipped Cream (FW) 1

Flavor total: 19.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!