Question about steeping

Sorry peeps but it’s SQT (silly question time) again. I will never get a prize for patience, so I was looking on Youtube for a speedy method of steeping. The one that was recommended was putting the bottles in hot tap water for 15 minutes, shaking them thoroughly, and repeating the process for a couple of times. But, I’ve heard that heat degrades nicotine. I’ve also heard that nicotine needs to steep but this makes no sense to me. After mixing I stir the mix with a cappucino frother at high speed which I fondly imagine mixes well.

So my questions are: If you use the hot water process and added the nicotine afterwards would that work? And has anyone had success with this process? And do any of you folks have a very quick steeping method that they would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance…

1 Like

I am considering starting to use this method to steep liquids myself since i can’t keep my hands off of the steeping liquid.

14 Likes

I get that you want it NOW! But there is no super secret method - time is the best method (imho but some will argue that till blue in the face).

The hot water will just thin the vg so it will mix easier.

Yes excessive heat may degrade your nic

Yes adding the nic later is an option and many people do that.

The flavours need the steep time not the nic.

If you can build a time machine (and it has been discussed here) would be the quickest method lol.

9 Likes

Lmao that was an awesome idea - have you posted any to yourself yet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Not as of yet. As i said i am considering it. Got the idea from an Australian friend of mine a while back… Ring a bell?

4 Likes

Thanks Einstein, that’s very helpful, heading for the workshop now…

2 Likes

Yup remember it well lol

2 Likes

I’ve tried most of the quick methods and discovered that time works best, whatever some people say.
Since I got into N.E.T my patience has grown.
I’m filtering a cigar extract now that has steeped for almost 11 months. The few weeks wait after I make juice from it is nothing compared to that, a piece of :cake:

10 Likes

So here is my 2cents on this topic… I have tried many different steep methods… imo time works best… as @Josephine_van_Rijn has gained Jedi mastery of patients :wink: A lot of us can’t keep our hands off new liquid. The struggle is real! Here is what I suggest. Find yourself a few good SnV recipes that you like. A lot of my fruity recipes are vapable right away and usually pretty well steeped after 72hours. I do tend to do a warm water bath for my SnV recipes just to thin that VG and get the process rolling. When you have a good supply of capable liquid then you can make the recipes that require time to steep… a lot of the cream based and custard based and more complex recipes. At least if you have something tasty to vape while you wait on the others it makes it a little easier. Hth

8 Likes

Jedi

:laughing:

9 Likes

It’s that damn1.21 gigawatts that I’m having trouble with, for my time machine so I just wait and let it steep

:rofl:

5 Likes

The ones in a Smok 220 should work :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

My preferred steeping method:
4ca290e3d0f5318f7af5d31676b7727f--disney-live-disney-travel
Hide the bottles deep down inside the bag underneath the hat stand, house plant, mirror, and lamp. By the time you find it again it’ll be well steeped and practically perfect in every way. :wink:

10 Likes

if you have some patience you will get a prize for it :stuck_out_tongue: it’s called “more flavor” :stuck_out_tongue:

well for your question…
for me hot water hasn’t any effect on steeping or whatever… or even if it has it’s just so littlle that i can’t understand it…i am mixing high vg juices (70/30 mostly or 80/20 and very very rarely 90/10), not sure if nicotine level degrades since i am using like 0mg-3mg nic lvl… it’s really low to guess if something like this is happening… with hot water baths, though when i hot bath my juices is just a good way to shake my bottles easier… heat makes VG thinner so i can shake bottles easier…

i don’t really have a very quick steeping method, though i have tried most methods other people have suggested but i didn’t found any real effects… for not waiting really really long the only thing i did is making large batches (500ml-1liter), letting them steep and when they’re about half i make another batch being in place so when that one is almost to finish the new one is already steeped… like this i save time and i always have nicely steeped juice to vape… the only problem someone could encounter is the expenses for making very large batches, and that it needs to be done like a schedule so he will never run out of juice… that’s all…

3 Likes

No answers here :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Check this vid out

1 Like

Just get or diy a cheap magnetic stirrer and mix batches of at least 100ml so you can realistically use it. Some have heat but don’t use that, leave it in a dark place to run. Depending on the mix 1 - 24hrs will more than do that job. If you started with pure nic I’d caution on 24hrs minimum.

Also, store your nic and juices in brown glass light degrades nic as well as heat.

3 Likes

Lol. I’m going to use link “magic.” Take a look at the first 15 posts after running a search under the title “steeping.” Sadly, I havnt seen any magical methods created over the last two years.

Yes, there have been interesting discussions on using xyz tools. Some people love love magnetic mixers, frothers, ultra sonic cleaners, vacume extraction ect. Some of the best tools are expensive lab grade 1000+ equipment.

What I have seen time and time again…is time. Give it time. Mix mixe more recipies and build up your steeping cabneit. Initially I started with like 12 15/30ml bottles and now I’m up to 100…your bottle stash will grow if you let it.

If you don’t trust me and can’t figure out how to search for a topic… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Here ya go…

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=Steeping

4 Likes

…and @Chrispdx. The secret to having patience is to not require it. Make test batches @ 30ml and if it’s something to your taste make a 100 - 120ml bottle. Once you have a Library of jucies in rotation, patience isn’t a factor. Start with some Shake N Vapes which all still get better over time and fit in batches of stuff like Custards/Creams etc that need 4 weeks …you’l forget about them while you enjoy your Journey to Juice Mountain

4 Likes

Mmmm could you expand on this please?

1 Like