QUESTION about the coil

Hey guys
I use tfv8 cloud beast sub ohm with coil V8-Q4
Recently im having a problem with the coil its Burning sonner than what it suposed to .
I used to replace coil every two three weeks Now every 2-3 days. Does anyone know Whats cousing it?

Thanks

It could be because of sweeteners in your liquid, to high vg in your liquid, not properly primed before using it
or you got a bad batch of coils.

4 Likes

Higher watts, longer draws

3 Likes

As a cause not a cure, right?

3 Likes

Yep yep and yep absolutely!

1 Like

I have a couple Smok TFV8 big baby tanks. I have found that my coils get burnt quickly as well it’s just down right nasty. It happened before I started mixing my own juices. I do seem to think that they require a low wattage breakin as well having the coil primed up well! It was also mentioned about sweetness. I prefer the sweeter juices it doesn’t seem to matter which coils I use they all get burnt. The most recent one the cotton still looks new in. I rinsed it out and plan on trying it again. It was so bad it felt like it burnt my throat! Some of the coils are rated 80 to 130 watts I don’t go over 60 watts I have two Mods the Joyetech eVic VTC Dual and the Smok X Cube Ultra I run them both at 60 watts. Seasoning and low wattage breakin ins do make a difference with these coils.

I’m inclined to believe there might be bad coils. Although sweetness might be a contributing factor

1 Like

Hi, I’m also using tfv8 coils on the cloud beast but the V8-T8 variety with the H-Priv mod. I get the occasional bad coil but on the whole find them pretty reliable, quality wise. I burn at 120 watts using 80-20 homemade juice and the coil will last up to 6 to 8 weeks vaping 15 to 20ml every day.

Bssed on that information I’d say your coils are either bad or your mod is kicking out more power than is indicated.

Try switching to a V8-T8 and see if it lasts any longer.

1 Like

I get a bad coil from them occasionally. I am a baby beast user. However…

I also have two mixes I vape a lot, one has cranberry and cream in it. Any coil with that mix will only last 3 days.

1 Like

My answer for sweet juices is ceramic coils. They seem to last longer and a good rinsing when they do start to taste bad seems to give them new life.

1 Like