Quick battery question

I’m about to throw these in my cart. These are the correct Samsung 24r batteries…right? From gearbest, $13.99 for 4. Is gearbest reputable for genuine batteries? Sorry, I know, total noob questions. This is my first 18650 battery purchase, just want to make sure I’m getting the right thing. Thanks!!

5 Likes

Or if anyone has a better suggestion I’m all ears. Just noticed this is like 30 days to ship…

3 Likes

It is worth the premium of $6+shipping to get them from illumn.com

You’ll know they are real, and you’ll have them next week.

I get all my batteries there, and I have only good things to say.

6 Likes

Ugh, they’re backordered at illumn… :sweat:

2 Likes

Honestly unless you are using a mech, I’d probably go with the 30q. Mooch tested them, 15 amps is a very conservative “limit”, he said they did fine at 20, and they are 3000 mah, 20% bigger than the 25r5.

I use them in my vt133 and rx200 without any issues at all.

3 Likes

Those are backordered too. They’ve got these guys in stock:

But I’m pretty sure the pink ones aren’t what I want to use…? Not sure about the dark green ones.
Damn. Thought this was gonna be an easy order. Lol

2 Likes

That’s a good price for 4 batteries though…what does your mod say it wants?

4 Likes

I also recommend Illumn.com but I have ordered batteries from RTD vapor and have always gotten the real deal.They also include a nice battery case when you order in pairs , or at least they used to.
I also like the 30q batteries unless I am running them on a single battery mechanical.

http://www.rtdvapor.com/sony-xtar-lg-panasonic-samsung/

2 Likes

See if he has the LG HG2 (brown) in stock, they should be just as good as the 30q, I have them as well.

@BoyHowdy is correct on RTDvapor, they are usually a bit more cost, but they are reliable as well for authenticity.

3 Likes

They take 1 18650… That’s as much as I’m seeing. Is there more that I need to know? See? Noob. This is why I’ve been dragging my feet on using mods with removable batteries. I feel like I should know more than I do. :confused:

2 Likes

*** ipv mini 2 70w and Eleaf pico 75w are what I’m needing batteries for.

3 Likes

There should be a paragraph in your mod instructions if it needs like a high drain type… this page will help.

Dont feel dumb…It drove me nuts when I started using the mods with two batteries and my kids lecturing me about marrying them and naming them mom and dad or frick and frack…blah blah blah samsung efest…

3 Likes

Both of those are regulated mods , so you have a fair bit of safety built into them.On single battery regulated mods I have the best luck with Samsung 30Q or the Samsung 25R but I am sure there are many batteries that would work well.
Gearbest may be fine but like @JMak642 posted I prefer to buy batteries from the ones I know that I will be getting an authentic.

3 Likes

http://www.evape.us/samsung-25r/ always fast shipping showing in stock darn good price I have bought a few from here never a problem

2 Likes

ok, I found the samsung 25rs in stock at rdtvapor. I can get 4 shipped for $22.79. I’m gonna go with that. Thanks for your help everyone! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Don’t, good battery and one of 2 batteries recommended for use in our devices, however, that price is High. You can do better. Ask some of these guys where the best price is…

EDIT, Good, I see you found better prices, carry on…

3 Likes

I think it is $14 for 4 batteries. I thought the same thing at first, but if that’s the case it’s not bad. Kinda tempted to order some myself at that price. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

@ringling yeah, what JoJo said, it was 13.99 for four. But quite frankly whether they’re the real deal or not, I already didn’t want to order there once I realized it could take a month to ship! I kinda want these things right away. :wink: rtd was under $6 a piece including shipping. I’m cool with paying that, especially since people have vouched for their authenticity.

4 Likes

I use, sony VTC5’s, LG HG2’s , Samsung 25r’s and AWT IMR 40a’s , I’ve never had any issues with any of them, all great batteries but I always buy from the most reputable people I can find, usually a guy called ‘Torchy the battery boy’ I always know they’re legit from him, he prides himself on his reputation :grin::+1:

5 Likes

I recently got four from Amazon free shipping for $20. They were authentic.

4 Likes