Quick battery question

That’s good to know. I was actually wondering about Amazon. I order tons of stuff from there, and you really can’t beat two day shipping if you can find it on prime!

5 Likes

Another reputable dealer for batteries is Liion Wholesale Batteries.

5 Likes

My bad, caught skimming posts again. Tend to do that when I got things to do. Sure you know how that goes…

3 Likes

Oh yes. :smile:

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly just posted this in good deals if you haven’t already put your order in

5 Likes

I use IMR for my batteries

These are the last ones i got, work great in my wife’s Evic VTC mini

https://www.imrbatteries.com/lg-he2-18650-2500mah-35a-3-7v-rechargeable-flat-top-battery/

3 Likes

@VapeyMama
Sorry I am late (critter relocation), but looks like you got it sorted.
I buy 18650 's from Illumn, Gearbest, Amazon, etc. , never any problems if you pay attention to what you are buying.
My Opus and SkyRC will check the batteries for legit, and I test each one before putting them in service.

Since the 18650 shortage was over, it’s rare now to find fakes, although it’s possible. I suggest you buy a IMR or above.
The ICR you screen shot above is fine, just not common generally, the INR will work but is only a 2000mah storage.

There really is a lot to know about 18650’s technically, and you , as usual, were very wise to ask here first before diving off the cliff. Now that you will be set for a while, you can take your time to research about batteries…we already have some great discussions here on ELR, but I don’t remember where…@jojo is the wizard for that info.
Some info is more technical than you need, but good to know. It really is part of what we do here…understanding what/why we use.

5 Likes

I only get Batteries two places. I know I’m getting what I order and willing to pay the slightly higher price considering what a cheap old inferior battery can do to a mod.
https://www.imrbatteries.com/18650-batteries/

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-chargers-and-powerpax-carriers/chargers.html?___store=default&brand=97

3 Likes

For the reason that there are more fakes batteries than genuine ones on the market, we all get from those who we trust. I paid $6.16 for single cell with a coupon saving 10% on vaporsolo.com, so far so good!

3 Likes

We’ve got a ton of those. that’s the battery of choice in this house. They have them for $5.00 at both Imren and IMR regular price.

1 Like

I am lost here…please enlighten me.

1 Like

I have had to send back some to EVEN the most trusted places…
If YOU [any you] don’t have a charger that will test your new batteries, or you don’t know how, then you should NOT CLAIM that ANY BATTERY is a fake, re-wrap, or authentic.

I don’t rely solely on the SkyRC or the Opus, more on the scopes…but it’s a good place to start.

Regurgitating heresay [from wherever] does NOTHING positive for the vaping community. Doesn’t matter if you buy an 18650 for $4-$5-$10/ea…there is NO GUARANTEE that you get a good battery if you don’t test it.
Batteries are an expensive part of vaping, and I see most vapers on a limited budget, why would anyone want to steer them in the wrong direction ? To regurgitate so you seem knowledgeable? Just don’t, eh?

If you wish to learn about batteries, and teach others, learn about them first. First step, go to the battery university,

2 Likes