R.T.A or R.D.A

I have always been closeminded towards tank systems,having never had a satisfactory experience with any tank once i switched to an RDA. Recently i gave my griffin25 one more chance and managed to get 2 huge twisted 26gauge 316L S.S coils ohming in at. 0. 11
I chucked the “afc ring?” wicked it tight and tapered the ends to allow it to wick and ill be damned!! Even at 88watts im not getting dry hits! And the flavor is great! Its convenient too
So…question is, griffin25 is considered just so so, so which RTA is everyones favorite??

3 Likes

What Is a satisfactory experience for you? Do you like lung abuse > bucket bong like hits or a more subdued flavor experience. Or both?

I love my SXK Kayfun 5 clone and I’m gaining an appreciation for my Aromamizer Supreme v2. I’m not really into clouds though, more of a flavor guy. I rarely exceed 45W @ 0.2 ohms. I’ve not much experience with RDA’s but I get better flavor from my KF clone than the supreme in RDA mode.

5 Likes

My current favourite is the Wotofo Bravo RTA.

Excellent flavour - 6ml capacity with the bubble glass - Can fit big coils for high wattage, but also works fine with smaller coils and lower wattage - And what is the deciding factor that makes it my favourite over other excellent RTA’s I have: It is very easy and forgiving to wick! Not a single drop leaked or as much of a hint of wicks that aren’t fully saturated :smiley:

Edit: Personally I use it at about 40W but I know that many like to use it at around 80-100W.

4 Likes

Dry hits and or leaking have been my issue but realizing now this has been a result of wicking to tight (in the wick channels) Second problem is drip tip always get to hot. Third problem is build deck has never allowed for RDA sized coils. To answer your question i am about the flavor but Imo this requires,a warm/hot vape. On rdas my issue is anything over 75watts has led to flavor tasting off unless freshly dripped. Sick of dripping every 2hauls…After discovering i actually prefer an RTA and realizing the tech has improved by leaps and bounds i am now researching which RTA’s are the best of the best. Considering the triple RTA by vandy vape /twisted 420… Thoughts?

2 Likes

I’t shows ya how subjective taste is, I get more flavor from a basic SS in the Kayfun at 30W than from Dual claptons at 80w. I’m amazed that the design of the atty can effect flavor so much. I don’t understand it at all.

3 Likes

The Griffin 25 was a fine tank in it’s day as it competed well with other tanks at the time. Since then a lot of improvements have been made. Preface or caveat, I prefer single coil flavor chasers. Obviously might not be your nirvana. Here’s a short list:

Ammit 25
Kylin Mini
Govad
Crius II
Centaur
Pharaoh mini

5 Likes

Best thing you could have done, lol.

I think @SmilingOgre nailed it with the improvements made since the Griffin 25. If it is dual coil you are looking for @Steampugs just put out a review for the OBS Crius ll. Similar wicking style as the Griffin. If you can accommodate a 30mm tank I recommend the SteamCrave Aromamizer Plus. You can get some coils in there as big as 5mm ID or maybe a touch bigger.

6 Likes

I have switched (having broken them) from Griffin 25’s to Ammit 25’s. Haven’t gotten around to ordering the dual coil version yet.

2 Likes

Augvape Boreas v1

6 Likes

I still use my Griffin 25 on a daily basis, I would think without the afc ring it is just too “airy” I normally have it open at just about half way as it is.

1 Like

Thats why i put “afc ring?” which i realizing now is airflow control ring. What i mean is the little threaded circle that holds your wicks in place i ditched that…

3 Likes

That’s the way I took it, the wick ring. Also known as “the piece of shit I threw off the back deck”.

5 Likes

nods… I was thinking that is what you meant but hey… if ya removed the afc ring and was still enjoying it… totally up to you lol…
I’ve considered removing that wick holding ring thingy, and recall seeing others saying they had removed theirs. I was thinking it may start leaking without the stupid ring so I never have taken that chance.

2 Likes

Any of the SteamCrave Aromamizers are great choices. I run the Aromamizer Plus and the Aromamizer Supreme V2 and love them both.

6 Likes

Wait! What? I can chuck that silly thing? okie dokie

1 Like

Steam crave aromizer plus 20ml. The steam crave Titan is good too but feel the aromizer plus has better flavor. Best tank I have ever bought. I have several griffin 25. if you want them, I’ll send.

4 Likes

https://images.cdn2.stockunlimited.net/preview1300/comic-bubble-boom_1631308.jpg

6 Likes

My favorite RTA is the OBS Engine. I love it so much that I got one in silver and one in black so I can match tank to mod, something I never really consider. I also got the Nano Engine, but I was having some problems with it. So until I resolve some issues with it, I won’t use it often.

I’m also fond of my first RTA, the Goliath II. Obviously for nostalgia reasons since both flavor and cloud production were meh. But to be fair the sub-ohm coils that I was using at the time were just the worst and it was a vast improvement. For a 22mm bottom fill tank, it was a nice little sucker. I and still use it from time to time. I like putting it on my Aegis for some reason.

5 Likes

I have several RTAs, and my preference is for single coil. The Ammit 25 single coil is my favorite, and I have seen many members of the forum swear by Steam Crave, my question is if any of those users also have an Ammit, and if at the flavor level, does Crave win this?

3 Likes

I had a few RDA’s and couldn’t really take to them, flavour was always good but the constant dripping is a pain in the hoop. I have quite a few RTA’s now and the one that gives me the best flavour is the Advken Manta, closely followed by the Supreme v2, Boreas v2 and Bravo. I never found a big difference in flavour between an rda and rta.

3 Likes