Raising the Flave Percentage

Alright i know i have been praising RFSC Strawberry Milkshake and i still think its a good flavor , however i have about 50ml of juice left thats about 6weeks olds and the flavor has changed to almost NOTHING , a very faint taste which is disappointing to say the least , here is my question i used 3.5 pct and i have been using that with alot of success but it was usually 30ml and i vaped it at 2weeks and fast , so if i raise the percentage will this allow the flavor to hold up longer since its stronger ???

8 Likes

It might help to raise it, but if there’s a muting ingredient in the flavor then raising the % could make it worse. Honestly I’d try 2 versions. One with higher % and one really low just to see how they both act after steeping.

8 Likes

I think your fading will become even more obvious with a higher flavor %. I can’t be entirely sure but it is what i think.

5 Likes

ill try this and i also have another steeping with a couple other strawberries supporting it , i also had MM in this to sweeten it up a tad so ill try it without …

4 Likes

thats why i asked i just wasnt sure , especially as a SF mix nothing to over power it and at 3.5pct i was happy so i never tried any other percentages after i found that sweet spot

6 Likes

what really sucks is its the only thing i grabbed to take with me for a few hours :frowning: lol

6 Likes

I’d be happy to share some of my Vanilla Almond Milk with ya …

7 Likes

I would look at the contents of each flavor you use in this recipe. Look for high usage of Maltol or added EM. If you find something that stands out, try to find a substitute that will help you out…

4 Likes

I’ve heard many say that RF SC Strawberry fades within a couple of weeks as well, so it could just be the nature of RF’s SB flavorings.

5 Likes

hard question to say.
overflavoring = no flavor, muted flavor, might be harsh to vape…also a chance is if the flavor being too much to be mixed with the rest base (just saying… you said “pct” but i don’t even know what is this) :stuck_out_tongue: … but also there is a really small chance to work imho…

on the other hand let’s say it might work… let’s say the flavors you’re working with are kinda like Strawberry Ripe (TPA) that after some time is losing some of it’s strength in time… ehrm… “you’re looking far in the future” what about when you will start vaping it?

still… vaping much from the same ejuice could also come not feelling it’s flavor at all… our body learns to ignore something that comes all the time… we ignore the trains coming and leaving if we live near the train station for example… same goes for tastes too… (think the bad taste of stinkies for example… after a few we ignore how bad they taste and smell so same goes with vaping i guess)

best way i guess is since you know how much you’re vaping … when you’re about the half, making another bottle so you can always have your favorite juice steeped and ready for use…

3 Likes

only two flavors

RFSC Strawberry Milkshake
FA Marshmallow

3 Likes

i appreciate that , unfortunately it would be hard to meet up i assume lol

2 Likes

Ya i was hoping this wouldnt happen , it became a fave flave of mine something simple that was on point up to 2 weeks , i guess ill just mix 30ml at a time and vape it at the 2 week mark , i hate that these flavors react this way and im forced to vape it at a certain time it really puts a damper on the entire line for me

9 Likes

I’m talking about the ingredients each flavor is made with. Every flavor I have ever looked at contained Maltol which is pretty much the same thing as EM. This is one of the biggest reasons you never add EM to a recipe. As we all know EM weakens your flavor with time. If a favor has too much maltol then you will experience flavor loss in a couple of weeks time. Don’t be surprised if you see some flavors with EM in them also. After seeing you are using a premixed sb milkshake I’m willing to bet that that is the problem.

Take the above suggestion and mix a couple SBs and get some Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, maybe some cream too, and make your own SB Milkshake. I’ll bet your results will be much better…

6 Likes

yes this is true , its just a disappointment is all ty for replying

5 Likes

Understandable, I learned by buying the premixes also. Never once worked out…

4 Likes

Premixes??? is this what flavors such as blueberry muffin etc are referred to ? only asking because its the first time ive heard it . Whats funny is after getting rid of my old ones i swore never to order a flavor that isnt singular

4 Likes

Didn’t know what else to call it to be honest. Guess you figured out what I meant though…:wink:

4 Likes

cool lol its agreed the term is premixes :wink:

3 Likes

Ok, now that we know what to call them, we now know to avoid premixes…lol

6 Likes