Raising the Flave Percentage

yes i agree , but sometimes i get all excited and jump into something i know i shouldnt , im trying to build my MF flaves and venture into some FLV flaves so with the MF they dont have premixes and the FLV i only have singular flaves i want to try … so i should be safe for awhile lol

7 Likes

Allow me to throw a wrench into your terminology discussion. Lol

I refer to these (ie: strawberry milkshake) as ‘complex flavors’. Simply because we have to have a way of distinguishing between those, and what I consider as being premixes… More commonly referred to as “one shots” across the pond (though the use of the term has grown stateside), or think Wayne’s stuff that’s sold at whatever site they’re sold at.

The reason I mention it, is because after having experimented with a few others, I’ve had to mentally create a “new category” for myself. That being “complex flavors”.

Some of the ones I’ve tossed into that category so far would be RF rocky road (for obvious reasons), the recent FA additions with ‘screwy names’: Metaphor, wOw, Labyrinth, Pandoro. And my most recent additions, all FLV: Butterscotch, fried dough, apple filling. In all of these cases, there’s multiple profile notes in a single flavoring. Unlike say, FW Butterscotch, or Ina strawberry (where it is what it says it is, and only that).

Things to toss about. :wink:

7 Likes

damn you and that wrench lol jk, at first i thought @ringling may have thought i was talking about one shots thats why i had to clarify , so now im willing to make a change to the terminology to satisfy all , how about " multiflaves" meaning multilpe flaves it take both ideas from you and ringling and allows me to pick the new term LMAO , i get both meanings and since there isnt really a common name im hoping the two of you can be happy and adopt my name for these which will also allow me to feel like a big deal :wink:

7 Likes

RF Strawberry Milkshake is a full VG and we all know it, it sounds strange to me that they recommend it @2.5%.
I checked the average on ATF and, as I thought it’s 3.484% (3.5…) and I still think it’s low.
Full VG it’s a battle, without knowing the suggested percentage I would say: no wonder that @2.5 faded, on other sites I saw a recommended percentage of 8>12% but it sounds rather high… Personally I’d go for the 3.5-5% range…

We all know that overdose it and it mutes underdose it and it’s like fresh air… let us know the outcome

2 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes is talking about the rf sc version not the vg version i would suggest a drop not an increase but that is just me :grin:

3 Likes

RFSC = real flavors super concentrate

2 Likes

ya that makes sense , the only problem with that is at 2 and 2.5 pct the taste isnt there at 2 and 4 weeks like it was at 3.5pct , but im going to to do a SF test at 2 , 3 and 4 pct let them sit for 6 weeks and see what happens ty for your thoughts

4 Likes

That’s why… the SC… still I’d try.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I’ve been mixing it @4% and it’s been holding up ok, for my tastes. I was mixing at 3% and was getting the same issue. But since I bumped it up, it’s been much better, imo

4 Likes

how long has it steeped , my main issue is that id like to make 120ml or so and let it sit and grab it when i want to vape it , not have to vape it before a certain time , btw i never have a juice longer than 3months and that only if its forgotten lol

5 Likes

It was a little over the 5 week mark. They are also 120ml bottles

3 Likes

I can only tell you what I have experienced with the few SF mixes that I have been using regularly. I have found that I had flavor fade at the 2 to 4 percent range on a 30 day steep but depending on what RFSC flavor I am using the magic happening for something set up for a long steep ended up being 4.5% to 6% and some of mine are now over 8 to 10 weeks old and holding the flavor the same as they were at 30 days. Hope that helps.

9 Likes

So good to have you here WV! :wink: Sounds promising. Will have to give that a go when I get time to get back to RF…

3 Likes

thank you this does help , are you still using the VG SB MS or have you switched to the RFSC ??

2 Likes

Still have the VG version

2 Likes

Just figured I should add. I mix 100%VG 150ml at a time. I steep everything 30 days or more before using. I am using 3 RFSC Single flavor mix’s daily. Cookies and Cream at 5%, Butter Crisp Candy Bar Type at 5.5% and Melon Medley at 3.5%. I am using either the Hadaly or the Pulse 22 RDA’s with single coil SS316L 3mm ID coils at near .5 ohms in TC mode with DNA devices.

6 Likes

On advice from the above posters I mixed a 4% SB Milkshake 4 weeks ago. Vaping it presently. I’m getting a moderate level of SB …which is desirable, but not so much milkshake …a little sweet milkyness. This is actually ok for a single flavor at 4%. Previously I did 2% and 2.5% which were not impressive …very weak and the reason I went to 4%. I also have a triple SB Milkshake WIP with predictable adds …maybe in the next months. I prefer heavier creams and custards and have several milkshake recipes usually including VBIC or LB Vanilla Ice Cream.

DISCLAIMER: I also mix with 70% VG +Flavs +PDO …so in this case 26% I’m down to my last 60mls of PDO with no plan to restock. This is a major reason I don’t post comments on SC RF flavors (while subbing PDO for PG)

4 Likes

I agree most of my SC flavors fade after 2-4 weeks. Im still trying to figure them out. If you figure out how to get over this hurdle, please let me know.

2 Likes

Same here not a huge fan of rf every flavor I’ve tried dulls out in about a month! It’ll be nice to have those percentages more known in the future so people don’t have to keep experimenting with them and wasting materials! I’ve decided to steer clear of them until then! I do admire everyone else working with them though because if it wasn’t for them we’d never get to the point where we know if they will stand the test of time! A year from now we’ll either say their great or they blow.

4 Likes

Okay heres one
I recently bought some 500ml glass bottles. I made up six different fruit recipes. (No nic added.) i mix at 60vg/40pg
Here is a recipe that is great at the beginning (first 2 months) then fades into a very mild, not satisfying recipe.

I am frustrated. I try to reset my taste buds by making sure to swap recipes every 100ml.
Is there some special secret to giving recipes more longevity?
How do vendors keep there juice so strong for so long?

3 Likes