Rampage style RDA, triple threat with a chance of clouds

What’s up vapefam!
SirRisc here with another gear review!

I’ve been chasing some big clouds with the Rampage style RDA for the passed few weeks.
If you thought the Doge V2 or the Troll were cloudchasers, you’ll get an even bigger kick out of this triple coil beast!

This RDA was sent to me for the purpose of this review by Gearbest.com!

Premise.

Cloudchasing is a part of the community that is usually regarded as being either something you like or something you hate with a passion.
Personally I think nearly every vaper goes through a phase where they want to blow big clouds (or “chuck sick tits” as some say), and then stop caring.
There’s another side to it though, some of us perfect the art of building speciality coils for cloud- or flavorchasing and even start competing in it.
That’s one of the things that has been growing for a while now, the cloud comps…
With ridiculously high prizes the cloud comps have been getting bigger and bolder (cheesy 90’s reference!) and are starting to influence the market more.
While not everyone will want to blow big clouds, some of us really enjoy it and are now able to find specialized gear like the RDA I’m about to review.

Ladies and gentlevapers, meet the Rampage style RDA!

Rampage Style RDA

Specifications.

• 304 Stainless Steel barrel
  • Copper positive screw
  • 510 threaded
  • Adjustable airflow with 5 airholes
  • Triple coil positive block
  • Anti-spitback dome
  • Huge PEEK insulator
  • Delrin widebore driptip
  • Delrin 510 driptip adapter
  • UNBRANDED clone

Packaging.

The packaging looks rather familiar, it’s the same kind of tin as Wotofo uses for their drippers.
The only difference is that these are a little less sturdy and the foam inside is less precisely cut.
Regardless the tin does what it’s supposed to do, it protects the RDA from scratching and denting.
Underneath the foam is a plastic bag with a few accessories like the illustrious little blue screwdriver and a couple of spare o-rings and prebuilt coils.
The RDA comes with the delrin 510 driptip adapter installed but next to it sits a delrin widebore driptip for those of us that like a wide and open draw.

Performance.

As I mentioned above, this was designed to be a cloudchasing dripper.

The centerpost is made in a way that encourages triple coil builds, and the big PEEK insulator can stand a lot of heat.
The centerpost is very thick too which helps with heat transfer.
When you put a triple coil subohm build in there, you’ll be developing a lot of heat and every little bit helps.
Despite the way it’s set up for triple coils, it can do dual coils too.
You’ll have one section of your deck free and you’ll have to live with the fact that on that side there will be an airflow hole open.

On top of the centerpost is the little dome that’ll help you with distributing dripped juice more uniformly, but it also functions as an anti-spitback.
Be careful when you screw this thing in! If you screw it in too deep it’ll touch the negative posts and cause a short!
On mine it slowly went down a few times, but I fixed it by putting a small heat resistant o-ring around the top of the threading. Not ideal but it works.
The deck is fairly deep and can hold a lot of juice but getting wick in there can be a little challenging sometimes, depending on which wicking material you’re using.
I’ve found organic cotton to be difficult to work with in this well, but rayon is a little bit easier to get down there.

In terms of driptips, you get two options. One is the delrin widebore driptip which is made for “competition”.
The other is a delrin adapter for your own 510 driptips, which does the job but sits so freakishly tight that it gets tedious to drip.
Screwing off the top part of the barrel each time is just too difficult for it to be comfortable.

In terms of airflow it’s a bit of an odd case.
There are three airflow holes in the barrel just below the coils, which are your main airflow when you’re using a triple coil build.
They’re a little prone to leaking so be careful with those if you don’t want to end up with juice all over your mod or hands.
Then there’s an extra two bigger airflow holes on the middle part of the barrel, which end up just next to the coils and are meant to be used with dual coil builds.
These are also prone to leaking but much less so as the triple setup.
If you like breathing through your RDA, open them all up and enjoy the airiest RDA ever…

Aesthetics.

The Rampage is a big mofo, very big even. This is caused by the long barrel, the deep deck and the fact that the top screws on.
This also means the chamber is very large and you’ll be disappointed if you buy this and expect good flavor from it.
Mind you, it does have some flavor but there are many options out there that will do a lot better than this in terms of flavor.
The black delrin widebore driptip looks very nice, and feels very nice too.
The most important part of this clone though, it’s unbranded! There’s not a single letter on the barrels and I think that’s how it should be for clones.
With clones there’s always one question that rises immediately, “How’s the quality?”.
Well, I have to be honest that outside of the dome that drops on its own sometimes there’s little to no scuffs or faults to it.
Both the steel and the delrin are machined to perfection and feel smooth as silk.
Being machined though, you’ll have to wash the RDA before you put it to use because there will be a slight hint of coolant (machining oil) left on it.

Pros and Cons.

Pro.

• Triple coils!
  • Deep deck holds a ton of juice
  • Lots of airflow
  • Delrin widebore driptip and delrin 510 driptip adapter
  • Unbranded
  • Excellent machining
  • Anti-spitback dome
  • Clouds for days bro!

Con.

• Slight residu of coolant (machining oil) left
  • Not a flavorchaser
  • Definitely not a flavorchaser
  • It’s big and bulky
  • Dome sometimes drops by its own
  • Prone to leaking

Bonus build photo.

In conclusion.

The Rampage styled RDA is definitely a specialty item that will appeal mostly to cloudchasers. While the flavor isn’t all that great from it, the clouds are immense.
I love the fact that this clone doesn’t have branding on it. It makes the RDA just that little more low profile.
The Rampage is a bit big, but it does look alright. It’s machined well and comes with a proper packaging so you can store it safely when you’re not using it.
In closing I would like to thank Gearbest for sending me this RDA for review! And of course all of you who read my reviews, thank you!

For those of you who wonder where the electronic cigarettes category went on Gearbest, there’s a new website from them that is now the dedicated home of the vaping supplies.
You’ll find it at vapor.gearbest.com now, making it a little easier to find what you’re looking for.
(Disclaimer: I do NOT work for Gearbest, nor did I get paid for this review. I’m just letting you know.)

I’m currently looking for more opportunities to review eliquids (though gear is still more than welcomed)! Do you think your stuff has what it takes? Get in touch!
I can be reached on my website, via DM on Instagram, via DM on Reddit, or via DM on ELR.

#staycloudy !

SirRisc disappears in a cloud of vanilla cream scented vapor

2 Likes
1 Like

I get very good flavor with the Clapton coils. I’ve come to find that Kanthal isn’t the best wire for flavor. It take a lot of wire to build this thing so maybe that’s the problem. I just received some 28g titanium wire and I’m going to rebuild with that. I’m certain there will be much better flavor.

Doesn’t this have single and dual coil options with the airflow?

In comparison with other drippers, the flavor is really amiss on this one. Which isn’t bothersome in itself because it wasn’t built for flavor. The size of the chamber and the very wide airflow make it less viable as a flavorchaser. With claptons though, every dripper will have more flavor. :wink:

In terms of airflow you can run a triple coil with the bottom airflow holes, there’s three of them for a reason.
The top ones are made for dual or single coil, yes. :smile:

1 Like