RDA coil help

I use TC and stainless in many mods/attys…single-dual-triple batteries.
These are a few : G2 HW single contact SS .7ohm DB160W dual spaced SS .26ohm
RX200S single spaced SS .46ohm All coils are 3mm id 316L

2 Likes

Thank you Ozo. I couldn’t get one of the cheap ones but they did have the G2 available and I ordered one. Paid $100 for it. If what I’m seeing is correct it will be well worth it.

1 Like

@ozo could you take some shots of the typical coil builds for your stainless & a description. I’d love to look under the hood. Cheers.

Sorry you did give coil descriptions, my bad. It’s 4 in the morning, time to go to sleep. Not paying attention. See you thanks all

1 Like

I didn’t buy one for a long time, thought they were over-priced [G1]. My son bought one [G1] and developed a small problem [one they knew they had]. They offered him his money back, or a new G2 which hadn’t even hit the market, and said they fixed the problem. His kicked ass, so I researched the FSK, and the more I did, the more I liked…but still the price. [I would rather spend that much on a Provari…'cause you know I am a snob]
When I saw the Black Friday sale, I jumped on one…then two…then a case [12] I ordered another case on Monday, just went and checked my e-mail after @DrChud said they were sold out…they are only shipping 9 and two of them had to be red…because of stock. All the others are silver Limited Edition…wished I could have gotten the black.

Sorry @DrChud Maybe I bought 'em up…I am also waiting to hear from Provari to see how many $20 2.5’s they have left…gonna buy a case of them at least, depending on stock.

These G2 HW’s may not be the prettiest thing, but damn…they sure work…and no dickin’ around with Escribe.
@SthrnMixer Robert, research the FSK…you will be happy, eh?

2 Likes

Brochure specs

2 Likes

That was gonna be my christmas present to me lol. The only time I could afford something like that with the extortionate shipping rates they charge to Ireland

1 Like

These are all Christmas presents for friends and family…I am only keeping two.
I did wait almost a month before buying more…if that makes you feel any better. :smile_cat:

Plus, it’s @Rob62 fault, he pressured me in to it.

3 Likes

I hope they appreciate it. It looks like a great piece of kit.

1 Like

Me too. For a while a Titanium snob, then a DNA snob. Now, not so much. I knew it was just a matter of time till a company would rival what Evolv does. So I’m ready to experiment and if it works as advertised, I will get more. Sorry though, can’t do the Provari till they can do at least 75 watts. But I AM a beer snob and there ain’t no fixin that! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And that in the USA. I feel sorry for you. Coors light and all this mass market piss brew. I kinda liked Yuengling lager when i was i PA but it was still not real beer. But now you have all these craft beers, right?

1 Like

wise words … as usual :slight_smile:

1 Like

For a long time, I was sure that spaced ss316 was the only and best way … Then I tried contact coils, still ss316 and today this is all I use. They works on my atty ( Avocado 22 + 24, Mage rta and gta and my Griffin ) both in Tc and vattage mode. Just like in real life … be open minded and we still have the change to learn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh I think you’re already far too deep into the rabbit hole, you said goodbye to your future disposable a fair few weeks back :wink:

it’s an unmistakable pattern :grin:

1 Like

Don’t fix what ain’t broken !!!

Tons, every where you go. Bottled or tap [growlers]

I still am , especially with the ‘Deep Water’ build.

2 Likes

Get the update 2.5.7 mine came with the update but some did not . and you don’t have to get the older updates just go to the ( Updater ) then 2.5.7

http://hohmtech.com/product/hohm-wrecker-g2/

And the cool thing about Hohm Tech is you can call them :+1:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t waste a lot of time doing that.

As for Yuengling, I used to haul their beer and packaging products between Pottsville and their Tampa breweries. Once in Tampa (all their Lager is made there now) one of the guys gave me an unpasteurized Lager. OMG - the difference is like night and day compared to the pasteurized. But as for the running joke of the US knowing nothing about beer - well that may have been true in the past but not anymore. And I’ve spent enough time in Europe drinking fantastic beers to know the difference. So can it!! Get it? C-A-N it??? O nevermind, you can bottle it if you prefer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I never said the americans don’t know anything about beer… they complained about the shit they sold in the bar more than me.
I was there twice in 2000, near Pottsville actually in a place called Palmerton. There was no craft beer at the time, the pubs all sold Coors and what was the other stuff called? Can’t remember. But I went for Yuengling if they had it. I even got the all american Yuengling t-shirt with an eagle on it and everything. Had the time of my life there.

I sent you a PM reply. This thread is already way off track and I’m just making it worse. I think you’re referring to Budweiser. Blech!

1 Like

With that coil yesterday, could I take it out unwind a wrap on each end without too much trouble do you think? I really don’t want to waste it. Else I hope they’ll fit on my Tsunami I suppose at worst. They were just too big i think, the cap and that all interacted to give me a short. I don’t get the short without the cap on.

Got to be brave enough to go low Ω. I started MTL but found I’ve drifted to DTL anyways. Less wraps it is. I love making these bigger wrapped coils. But from my initial observations it’s the twist that appears to be the better juice sucker. They are easier to make. Going to have to do some weighing to check out which coils suck up the most juice per weight of coil. Out of interest. Really in the end though I’m only informed by these tests. It’s what vapes best and makes me the most content that wins.

Yes let me know about unwrapping coils, I assume it’s fine. They won’t just fall apart, don’t want to waste my time if it’s a known lost cause. My hunch is that it’ll be ok.

If it’s too low for you, try 26g or 28g cores next time you wind wire. Nice coils, btw.

1 Like