Real Flavor Recipes Thread

Cant say that i have every tried it, im not a fan of Nana Cream at all. Sorry :frowning:

3 Likes

I am ashamed to admit it but I have never tried Nana Cream myself.I have only made one mix with banana at all and that was Bangin Bourbon Bread from skiddlzninja , it just wasn’t for me.One of these days I am going to get the courage to mix up your Strawnana Custard to see if I can handle the LA Banana Cream!

2 Likes

It tastes nothing close to the banana in nana cream, I am positive that RF Banana won’t work. Not to be negative it seems to be a decent Banana, it’s just not the right one.

3 Likes

I have made the Nana Cream before when I was out of LA Banana Cream, subbed it with TFA Banana Cream and added TFA Ripe Banana and it worked quite well.

2 Likes

Cross posting this from the SC Tasting Notes thread to remind people about this thread (I had forgot myself):

These 2 20ml testers were both down to between 5 and 10ml and I decided to mix the remnants together to free up a testing bottle, and the resulting mix is quite tasty:

IBVC Custard V1.00 (RFSC)
0.75% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.75% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Baked Bread (Real Flavors)
0.50% Brown Sugar (Real Flavors)
0.50% Cheesecake (Real Flavors)
0.50% Graham Cracker (Real Flavors)

3 Likes

And it doesn’t appear I posted any of the other recipes I have tried in this thread yet:

These are all RF Super Concentrates as used up all my RF VG a long time ago.

Cannoli version 3.01 (RFSC)
0.90% Shortbread Cookie (Real Flavors)
0.75% Cheesecake (Real Flavors)
0.75% Graham Cracker (Real Flavors)
0.60% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.60% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)
0.50% Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA)

• lower AP%? replace AP with?? Baked Bread? Fried Dough?
  • lower RF percents to total 3.5% - less cheesecake I think? more ap?
    adjustment %'s http://screencast.com/t/XHAyvQwEBmKl
  • try sugar cookie instead of shortbread cookie as well?
  • 04Feb - damn tasty, mix more - maybe a little less chzcake? maybe add in some van custard or even try replacing chz cake with van custard?
  • 18Feb - less cheese cake I think - increase SBC Cream and Marsh?
    *100ml trying less chzcake and more SBC and GC

Elephant Ear v1.00 (RFSC)
1.20% Sugar Cookie (Real Flavors)
1.00% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.80% Baked Bread (Real Flavors)
0.60% Brown Sugar (Real Flavors)

• finger test = rather sweet, maybe too much sugar cookie, or just rename it elephant ear cookie lol
  • 10Jan - might want to up sugar cookie and reduce dough/bread a bit
  • 07March - pretty damn tasty as is imo

Filthy Fritter V1 (RFSC)
1.50% Apple (Real Flavors)
0.75% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.75% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)

sub strawberry or apple for yumberry
21Jan - lower apple I think and increase the others a bit to compensate

Soul Custardy v1.00 (RFSC)
1.75% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.50% Graham Cracker (Real Flavors)
0.40% Butter Toffee (Real Flavors)
0.25% Bourbon (Real Flavors)
0.20% Brown Sugar (Real Flavors)
adapted from this - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/963821/soul%20custardy%20clone%20v.%203

• need RF Bavarian Cream instead of regular RF Cream
  • RF butter toffee instead of FW Butterscotch? butterscotch pudding?
  • finger test = yum, nice smokey custard
  • 10Jan so good, not sure it really needs any tweaks

Very Berry French Toast (RFSC)
1.60% French Toast (Real Flavors)
1.10% Cream (Real Flavors)
1.05% Strawberry (Real Flavors)
variant of - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/925227#
2% french toast?
blueberry? yumberry?
rf sweet cream instead of regular cream when I get some
try with a bit less FT in 1.01

White mice rice (RFSC)
1.50% Rice Krispy Treat (Real Flavors)
0.90% White Chocolate (Real Flavors)
0.70% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.50% Caramel Original DX (TFA)
0.50% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)

Replace DX Caramel with RF later

• 21Jan - flavor is a bit light, not sure if I should try upping total, lowering total or keep about same but lower rice krispy and increase the others
  • 04Feb - pretty damn tasty, need to mix more
  • caramel is pretty much non-existent, i think I should just remove it from the recipe until I get RF SC Caramel
2 Likes

I asked and they said 1 too 2 % only so it has to be strong I missed this offer got e-mail @9:45 little to late

Missed this. I haven’t tested this yet but this is my planned recipe for nannerberry which I originally found on another forum that sounds like it might be similar. RF’s are obv SC, not VG. Don’t think RF makes a cotton candy yet so I was planning to use TFA.

NannerBerry (RFSC)
2.00% Cotton Candy (TFA)
1.60% Banana (Real Flavors)
1.00% Strawberry (Real Flavors)
0.80% Cream (Real Flavors)

3 Likes

I am sure this is the Nana Cream he is referring too, really tasty.

There is no RF Dragonfruit so won’t be a 100% RF mix but I might give it a shot, been awhile since I have made it, the last 100ml bottle a friend begged me for it. I seriously have probably made 6 to 700ml of Nana Cream, mostly for friend and family, it is really good stuff.

I am going to try for next week to make both a normal version and an RF version, if I get good results I will post it.

3 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors !!!
Butter Pecan , Butter Pecan , Butter Pecan … SC Please !!

9 Likes

Yes @Walt_RealFlavors - we neeeeeeeed butter pecan. There is a massive Bust-a-nut following that require it! :+1::grin:

5 Likes

@Alisa three things to inquire about on this:
First you mentioned that… “Because this recipe is almost all VG-based flavoring, please allow at least 7 days of aging to get the full effect.” your saying that because of the added vg not necessarily from the flavorings themselves, right?
Secondly, are you still getting the great flavor (full bodied flavor), as the original even with such a drop in the flavor percentages? (I do have all the same flavorings and will be mixing this today, just wanted to know if you have decided to “up” any of the percentages first).
Lastly, I see you switched out the sweetener for Marshmallow (which I have but haven’t opened yet). Just wondering if you like the MM as a better sweetener over all or just that it works very well in this recipe.

2 Likes

Hey @CallMeTut ! Good questions.
"[quote=“CallMeTut, post:43, topic:56989”]
because of the added vg not necessarily from the flavorings themselves, right?
[/quote]

Correct

IMHO, absolutely! These particular flavorings from RF are Super Concentrates, not regular.[quote=“CallMeTut, post:43, topic:56989”]
if you like the MM as a better sweetener over all or just that it works very well in this recipe
[/quote]

Both !

4 Likes

Thx for the response… I’ve found many of the flavors are stronger than what I would normally think as a “standard” strength but (at least for me) I really don’t look at the “usage” recommendations that are listed on the bottles and say “wow, these must be strong” lol… each flavor has it’s own strengths and weaknesses, just like TPA/TFA and CAP people can’t just say use all CAP products from 0.5 -2.5% and you’ll be happy, just doesn’t work that way and I see so many people complaining that they “expected more”, which is sad (imho).

And yes @Walt_RealFlavors we do need a Butter Pecan and if ya read this did you see that issue I had with the Easter order?

4 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors
I agree with @Alisa 100% because Bust A Nut was one of my all time favorites before my PG sensitivity thing started happening. All she needs now is the Butter Pecan to turn it into a 100% RF recipe.

5 Likes

I promise there is a Butter Pecan coming… Also a Dragonfruit too

13 Likes

Based off an idea from @Skullblade789 this turned out great as a SnV. The lemonade is very light almost like Crystal Lite Lemonade. Layered with the lemon boosted it nicely.

3 Likes

How is your RF Bust a Nut holding up? I think it needs to be just a touch sweeter… should I add (in your opinion) a little more Marshmallow ot a little bit more of the Sweet Cream?

1 Like

@Alisa didn’t the original have sucralose/sweetener? I think I had pyure in my adaptation originally and was planning to use it in my RF SC adaptation of your original to compare to your new posted recipe.

1 Like

I prefer Marshmallow for sweetening. I still like the RF Bust-a-Nut just as published, personally.

3 Likes