Real Flavor Recipes Thread

I recently received my first RF flavor order, including Red, White & Blue Popsicle, Birthday Cake, Blueberry Acai Pomegranate, Vanilla Custard, Strawberry Milkshake, Mtn Juice, Peach, Raspberry & their Candy Base.
I have never worked with all-VG flavors before (I usually use FA, CAP or TFA. I also have a few LA & INW too), so I got my feet wet with the Red, White & Blue Popsicle (Bomb Pop). Used it at 14% & vaped it right away with plans to now let it sit a week or so & try it again. On the first shake & vape I’d say the flavor was pretty accurate & pleasant, but maybe could have been stronger, though. I’m waiting to see if it stays like that or if maybe being all VG, it might need time to develop a more dominant flavor profile?
Anyway, I’m hoping to find a few really good flavors out of this order & would be happy to hear any advice anyone has about RF.
Thanks.

4 Likes

The best advice I can give you on this is steep times are 3 weeks to 5 weeks minimum before you make any changes. That is my opinion only and based on my experiments with RF flavors over the past 2 months or more now.

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking that might be the case with all the VG.
I will definitely wait longer before making changes than if I was working with my other flavors.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried Rocky Road Ice Cream yet? I’ve got a bottle that I mixed at 7% steeping right now. I haven’t tested it at all yet, I figured I’d give it a solid week bare minimum before even trying. It smells reeeally good though!

4 Likes

I haven’t, but I’ve been waiting to hear about it. My hubby’s favorite ice cream. If it’s good I might have to get some and make it for him :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Me as well , going to have to order more Shamrock Shake within two weeks and am adding ones to the cart that I would like to try.Hope this is a winner as chocolate anything is a hard flavor to nail down unless using the extracts.

3 Likes

Did anyone know if we can replicate nana cream with Real Flavors?

3 Likes

I am not sure as I have yet to use any , perhaps @Ken_O_Where might know something?

3 Likes

Looking forward for some guidance

3 Likes

I am not sure but @MysticRose may have some additional information as well.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, not on this one. I haven’t tried RF banana, and I’ve never tasted Nana Cream if you are referring to the clone I see people talk about all the time. I do have a recipe for Banana Wafer Pudding in my public recipes that I like a lot if you want to check it out.

3 Likes

Cant say that i have every tried it, im not a fan of Nana Cream at all. Sorry :frowning:

3 Likes

I am ashamed to admit it but I have never tried Nana Cream myself.I have only made one mix with banana at all and that was Bangin Bourbon Bread from skiddlzninja , it just wasn’t for me.One of these days I am going to get the courage to mix up your Strawnana Custard to see if I can handle the LA Banana Cream!

2 Likes

It tastes nothing close to the banana in nana cream, I am positive that RF Banana won’t work. Not to be negative it seems to be a decent Banana, it’s just not the right one.

3 Likes

I have made the Nana Cream before when I was out of LA Banana Cream, subbed it with TFA Banana Cream and added TFA Ripe Banana and it worked quite well.

2 Likes

Cross posting this from the SC Tasting Notes thread to remind people about this thread (I had forgot myself):

These 2 20ml testers were both down to between 5 and 10ml and I decided to mix the remnants together to free up a testing bottle, and the resulting mix is quite tasty:

IBVC Custard V1.00 (RFSC)
0.75% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.75% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Baked Bread (Real Flavors)
0.50% Brown Sugar (Real Flavors)
0.50% Cheesecake (Real Flavors)
0.50% Graham Cracker (Real Flavors)

3 Likes

And it doesn’t appear I posted any of the other recipes I have tried in this thread yet:

These are all RF Super Concentrates as used up all my RF VG a long time ago.

Cannoli version 3.01 (RFSC)
0.90% Shortbread Cookie (Real Flavors)
0.75% Cheesecake (Real Flavors)
0.75% Graham Cracker (Real Flavors)
0.60% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.60% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)
0.50% Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA)

• lower AP%? replace AP with?? Baked Bread? Fried Dough?
  • lower RF percents to total 3.5% - less cheesecake I think? more ap?
    adjustment %'s http://screencast.com/t/XHAyvQwEBmKl
  • try sugar cookie instead of shortbread cookie as well?
  • 04Feb - damn tasty, mix more - maybe a little less chzcake? maybe add in some van custard or even try replacing chz cake with van custard?
  • 18Feb - less cheese cake I think - increase SBC Cream and Marsh?
    *100ml trying less chzcake and more SBC and GC

Elephant Ear v1.00 (RFSC)
1.20% Sugar Cookie (Real Flavors)
1.00% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.80% Baked Bread (Real Flavors)
0.60% Brown Sugar (Real Flavors)

• finger test = rather sweet, maybe too much sugar cookie, or just rename it elephant ear cookie lol
  • 10Jan - might want to up sugar cookie and reduce dough/bread a bit
  • 07March - pretty damn tasty as is imo

Filthy Fritter V1 (RFSC)
1.50% Apple (Real Flavors)
0.75% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.75% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)

sub strawberry or apple for yumberry
21Jan - lower apple I think and increase the others a bit to compensate

Soul Custardy v1.00 (RFSC)
1.75% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.50% Graham Cracker (Real Flavors)
0.40% Butter Toffee (Real Flavors)
0.25% Bourbon (Real Flavors)
0.20% Brown Sugar (Real Flavors)
adapted from this - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/963821/soul%20custardy%20clone%20v.%203

• need RF Bavarian Cream instead of regular RF Cream
  • RF butter toffee instead of FW Butterscotch? butterscotch pudding?
  • finger test = yum, nice smokey custard
  • 10Jan so good, not sure it really needs any tweaks

Very Berry French Toast (RFSC)
1.60% French Toast (Real Flavors)
1.10% Cream (Real Flavors)
1.05% Strawberry (Real Flavors)
variant of - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/925227#
2% french toast?
blueberry? yumberry?
rf sweet cream instead of regular cream when I get some
try with a bit less FT in 1.01

White mice rice (RFSC)
1.50% Rice Krispy Treat (Real Flavors)
0.90% White Chocolate (Real Flavors)
0.70% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.50% Caramel Original DX (TFA)
0.50% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)

Replace DX Caramel with RF later

• 21Jan - flavor is a bit light, not sure if I should try upping total, lowering total or keep about same but lower rice krispy and increase the others
  • 04Feb - pretty damn tasty, need to mix more
  • caramel is pretty much non-existent, i think I should just remove it from the recipe until I get RF SC Caramel
2 Likes

I asked and they said 1 too 2 % only so it has to be strong I missed this offer got e-mail @9:45 little to late

Missed this. I haven’t tested this yet but this is my planned recipe for nannerberry which I originally found on another forum that sounds like it might be similar. RF’s are obv SC, not VG. Don’t think RF makes a cotton candy yet so I was planning to use TFA.

NannerBerry (RFSC)
2.00% Cotton Candy (TFA)
1.60% Banana (Real Flavors)
1.00% Strawberry (Real Flavors)
0.80% Cream (Real Flavors)

3 Likes

I am sure this is the Nana Cream he is referring too, really tasty.

There is no RF Dragonfruit so won’t be a 100% RF mix but I might give it a shot, been awhile since I have made it, the last 100ml bottle a friend begged me for it. I seriously have probably made 6 to 700ml of Nana Cream, mostly for friend and family, it is really good stuff.

I am going to try for next week to make both a normal version and an RF version, if I get good results I will post it.

3 Likes