Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

@MysticRose this is an impressive bit of work. As I teeter on the edge of a huge flavor buy this was very important for me …much appreciation~! :clap:

2 Likes

Excellent review!

I am going to try upping the percentages and letting them sit for a month. I am really not use to using such high percentages and really long steep times. I have to admit that the flavors are pretty tasty, the only ones I didn’t care much for were Creme Brulee and Apple Pie, there not terrible, just not great.

1 Like

Thank you. Please remember it’s only my opinion. I have had such difficulty getting any reviews on the Real Flavors brand, hopefully this will help some, and get some feedback going for them. I always research tasting notes and reviews before buying as I am on a limited budget and every purchase counts. Hoping we will all start being able to get more info and recommendations on this brand. I still have to add the 4 week steep notes to my flavors in the database, but I will get that done later today. Hopefully :wink:

2 Likes

I can second this opinion about RF Vanilla Custard from personal experience. My next tester will probably be at 15%.

I also agree with your findings about Cake Batter. It’s nice and sweet, but beyond that I’m not getting a specific flavor from it.

You’ve got me really psyched to try the Coconut Cream Pie I’ve had steeping for almost a month now!

I’m currently vaping a tank of 8% RF Cookies and Cream + 4% RF Vanilla Ice Cream. It’s makes a pretty decent Oreo Shake! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Excellent review, young lady! I know you say its just your opinion, but your opinion is an asset to this thread! Thanks so much for taking the time!

4 Likes

By the way, for the first time… ever, I took my wife flavor shopping with me. One of Walt’s vendors for Real Flavors is near by in Waterford so we went down there… I was planning to buy about four flavors… came home with twelve, and she’s going to help me test a German Black Forest Cake recipe I’m in the works on putting together.

Anyways, thank you so much my dear, it definitely helps me with my expectations for Real Flavors and how to use them coming up here in the near future. Whatever you need from me in further testing… let’s put our heads together, I’m getting a write up done on the following flavors:

• Strawberry Shake
  • Strawberries & Cream
  • Cheesecake
  • Banana
  • Caramel
  • French Vanilla Cappuccino
  • Chocolate Cake (New Addition thanks to the Mrs.)
  • Lemonade (New Addition thanks to the Mrs.)
  • Cinnamon Donut (New Addition thanks to the Mrs.)
3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s my favorite. I think. Can’t decide between that, cinnamon custard, or bread pudding.

How is that Vanilla Ice Cream? Have you tried it stand alone? Do tell :wink:

You all are very welcome.

I’m watching for it. There are a few there I was curious about, so can’t wait to hear your take on them!

And a huge thank you for this statement :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll tell you this right now, Chocolate Cake = Thank God you can’t gain weight from vaping directly. Also my Galadriel’s Gift is good and I’m running out of the batch to steep longer, and I’m not losing sleep over it either. The kicker is, is that it’s only three days old

3 Likes

Care to share that recipe? I might have to try that chocolate cake, onto the wish list it goes. With all the flavors I tested, I have a longer list now. I am glad I got the sampler sizes, but I think 7 or 8 are on my shopping list now. Tbh, I haven’t found a chocolate vape I care for yet, but this might be it huh. Please let me know how it tastes after a 4 week steep if it makes it that long :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the wonderful review , it is much appreciated! I don’t know if you happen to have Flavorah Creme de Menthe but if so I highly recommend adding it to the Real Flavors Shamrock Shake.I am loving the combination of those two flavors and I know taste is very subjective but I get just the right amount of chocolate.
Here is the mix I have been using , I have gone through almost a full 120ml in the past two weeks.

Kiss The Blarney Stone

Ingredient%
Creme de Menthe (Flavorah)1.5
Shamrock Shake (Real Flavors)6
Sugar Cookie (Real Flavors)3
Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)3
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)1

Flavor total: 14.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

Well of course I don’t…on to the list it goes…along with the sugar cookie as I only have CAP and TFA…lmao. I just love this forum, everyone is so helpful at helping each other spend money :raised_hands:

Thank you for the recipe, have it on my list too.

Truly though, I do love this forum, everyone is so honest, helpful, and truly caring. Thanks everyone!!! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Sugar Cookie would not be mandatory , I added it as an earlier experiment with the Vanilla Custard from Real Flavors.I do like the added sweetness and flavor from those two together , they work without it turning into a heavy bakery profile.
The Creme de Menthe (Flavorah) is simply wonderful by itself though and I think you will love it.Some do not get the Chocolate flavor like I do though.I think @JoJo describes the flavor same as I , reminiscent of an Andes mint.

1 Like

With your tanks, what kind of build/ohms are you doing?..MTL of DL hits…wattages?..SS or Kanthal?..Are the 4 week steep juices giving a super bold flavor profile OR is the flavor mild?..

I experimented with some of these Real Flavors at 18% with only a 2 week steep, and found them to be fairly mild in taste…but you have peaked my curiosity and I’m wondering if the 2 additional week steep makes a significant difference…

1 Like

Even at 3 weeks, they are mild - but that is the key, there is nothing overpowering about them as a standalone.

As a single flavor base however - they are almost integral to set up as a foundation and throw in other flavors as more accents to highlight tones.

However, and another one of our wonderful experimenters is almost two weeks ahead of me for long term steeping on some flavors in watching for as well.

1 Like

The nice thing about the Chocolate Cake is that it’s got a ton of potential, like strawberry milkshake, it is amazingly versatile. As soon as I have a few accents and highlights worked out - you can be the first to check out the recipe

2 Likes

I was the same way but the chocolate flavors from RF are showing me real promise. I have been experimenting with chocolate milkshake, coconut cream pie and shamrock shake combined and am getting very close to having a really good chocolate mint cream. I will share as soon as I get it right. To get you in the ballpark for now all I can give you is I mixed each flavor at 10% by itself and after 3 week steep I am currently at 2 part chocolate milkshake to 1 part of both coconut cream pie and shamrock shake. Need to try and figure out the percentages next as this last try is really good and could easily be my new ADV.

4 Likes

Man! …that does sound good

Being I have Irish roots, I most certainly must try this recipe. Of course, the fact that it sounds delicious is a bonus. :wink: I need to get some sugar cookie and vanilla custard, but it sounds amazing. I do love that shamrock shake and creme de menthe. It’s almost as if they were made to go together. LoL. Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes I have. Like the vanilla custard it’s a bit weak in a tank at 10%. Probably needs to be at least 12, maybe 15%. I’m wondering today if maybe Cake Batter would benefit from a similar bump in flavor.

Today I have 10% RF Cherry Pie in the tank. It’s pretty good, but also a little bit mild at 10%.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind from previous experience, most of these flavors really start “standing up” at around 3 to 4 weeks, there are the rare few that punch the proverbial taste barrier right away… but I think they get even better.

I have some testing of Chocolate Cake, Strawberry Milkshake, Chocolate Milkshake (when it arrives) and the two Cappuccino flavors that I will be developing into bases that may come in handy for more advanced uses down the line.

2 Likes