Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

Sorry, I should have mentioned that all the testers I’m using right now were mixed just 3 days shy of a month ago. I also have their Strawberry Milkshake, Shamrock Shake, Coconut Cream Pie, and an Oreo/Coconut Cream Pie combo all steeped and ready to test. The joys of a steeping backlog! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have found that a little saline solution helps cut the steep time (a little, around three instead of four) as well as the occasional heat bath along the way.

I am going to start developing some bases and see if that helps out a bit, will report in on that in about three weeks as I have just started some in the Cappuccino line.

1 Like

Ahhh…the difficult questions ;). I’ll try to hit them all. What I personally feel is an important distinction in all these VG flavorings is that if you mix max or all VG eliquid, the flavoring will be muted. The VG by itself is just not a good flavor carrier. I mix at 30/70 PG/VG, and that PG is very important to the flavor. At that ratio and mixed at 10%, I would say these are a mild to moderate flavor profile based on the flavoring. Like obviously the lemon cake is much more bold than the butterscotch pudding. Some flavors are just more vibrant naturally. Across the board, a full 4 week steep makes a huge difference in flavor.

There are some variances depending on flavor used, but at 15% with a 4 week steep or better, I am getting a nice bold flavor. Super bold? No. But good and complex. There are so many variables though also. Starting with taste being subjective. Then followed by I have been vaping for 3+ years now, so my taste buds have recovered somewhat from smoking. Then followed by equipment, and wattage vs temp control. Then wires and ceramics vs cotton. So many things will affect results.

Ok, I am a DL girl. The 10% fully steeped blends were tested first on kanthal single coil, dual clapton wrapped parellel at .4 ohms in a Troll RDA. Vaped at 23W. Obviously a lot of wire in there and has a longer ramp up, but really great flavor build for testing. Right now I am vaping the rest of the testers in 2 tanks. A COV Defiant kanthal ceramic coil at .5 ohms at 43w. And a COV Vengeance kanthal .2 ohm at 33w. Both are very good flavor tanks, my favorite set ups are the Vengeance .2 and the Crown with the SS .25 coils.

Personally I prefer SS and think it offers the best flavor, followed by kanthal. And I usually use tanks, I only use an RDA for flavor testing as it’s easier and faster for quick flavor changes.

For my personal tastes, I like 15% with a minimum of 4 week steep. With the PG in it, it gives me a moderate to full flavor vape depending on the profile. Some are mild, like their Vanilla custard. Like any company, they have some excellent flavors, and some meh flavors.

Personally, I don’t think these flavors will give very good results to anyone that uses all VG eliquid. Some of these flavors are so good and complex for single flavors that it’s worth the higher percentages to me. Most especially I am loving the Coconut Cream Pie, Bread Pudding, Cinnamon Custard, Butterscotch Pudding, and Peanut Butter Cookie, Sweetened Condensed Milk, and Cream Soda although that last one is more mild but worth it.

Rambling over now…lol. I hope I hit everything…probably way TMI :wink:

2 Likes

I found one or two that’s extracted from actual chocolate, but they ain’t cheap. If you’re interested, just PM me for the details, because I don’t want to post them in this thread.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the offer. I’m not buying anything right now. I only have 2 mods and 2 tanks left. I am trying to fit in some money for a couple Evic VTC minis and a couple Crown tanks. So I am on a spending lock down. Hoping the 4th offers some good deals. I’ve gotten to the point that I need to make some new equipment a priority, so I will be sticking to the flavors I have for awhile.

Meanwhile, my shopping list on flavors keeps growing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im pretty tired right but i dont see anything that i disagree with. Awesome write up and we share the same thoughts where our flavorings overlap.

In my Bread Pudding mix, i used both Vanilla Custard RF and Cinn Custard RF. I ditched the Cinn C as it muted, i did keep the Van Custard at a low %, mostly because i was out of Condensed Milk for the beta testers. I could also vape it right after homogenization, its delicious. But after 3 month, holy WOW…

I love how complex many of these flavorings are, easy enough to make a 1 or 2 flavor mix that is fantastic.

I have a LOT more mixes to try, i mixed up all of the flavors in the 36 sample pack that i bought. I just havent had the time, yet.

Thanks for the thorough write up!

P.S. 2 months seems to be proper curing time for Van Cus, of course it is no where near as rich as CAPS. The interesting this is that is uses BTA as the replacement for the diketone. I despise BTA as my HUGE half Greek sniffer is very sensitive, i havent even smelled a hint of vomit in any flavoring that Walt makes. I am now positive that he is wizard.

One last P.S. - Stevia is used in some of the flavorings.

5 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors

I’d like to request descriptions on your flavor pages…please please please! Is the aged bourbon cream a bourbon vanilla, or the alcohol type bourbon? Is the Dreamsicle like an orange creamsicle? Was confused on that since you already have an orange cream?

Will you be having a July 4th sale?

And finally, will the new flavors be available in the sample pack choice options soon? Also, will you consider doing individual sampler sizes? Right now there is only about 5 new flavors I want to try, but I have to get a 12 pack or buy a full 60ml :frowning:

Oh…forgot, never mind on the sale…just remembered you have a discount code for us :slight_smile:
Thank you!

3 Likes

I agree 100% :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you need smaller amounts, GremlinDIY stocks RF and has a coupon code “july4” for 10% off through the holiday weekend

4 Likes

Thank you for your help. I did remember they have a sale code for us. They don’t have the newer flavors I wanted to try at Gremlin, tried there. I’m sure they will get them in, I’ll just have to wait. It doesn’t list the newer flavors in the sample pack option either at RF. I’m sure they will get around to it. I also had 4-5 other flavors I was going to order in the 2oz size also. I was thinking once they do I can order the the sample pack and get the 5 flavors I wanted to try, and just order the other 7 samples in 1 flavor that I was going to order in the 2oz size anyway. Then just transfer to another bottle. Or maybe just find another 7 flavors to try even if they wouldn’t normally appeal to me. Might be surprised and find something I love :wink: I’ll just wait till they are offered on the sampler menu. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @Walt_RealFlavors, just wondering if we will be seeing Cooked Pear on the site in the near future. Love that stuff…

If i dont see you around before then have a happy and safe 4th. Ill be up in the UP, leaving Saturday.

2 Likes

You can hit me with that info, please,though I’m guess MF

1 Like

There’s company selling the crown 2 for $22 if you’re interested

1 Like

Hey everyone!!!

Sorry I have been a bit MIA

This is actually on the site as Pear :smiley:

We have a whole overhaul happening as I type this on the site. All the data is finished and we working on even adding more reports to the site. Currently I think Pineapple is done but more will start updating very soon.

There is a rumor of a fun sale coming this weekend :smiley:

Once production has them bottled we will add them. Those take a super long time to bottle.

Thank you @MysticRose for the great write up! I seen your reviews on the page and I am trying to get the ok to post them. (per our lawyers and merchant company we can not have anything that talks about vape)

I may have to find a way to get them up and I promise to figure out something, so far the little ones they were ok with.

5 Likes

Hey Walt! Welcome back!

Just off the cuff… what are the chances of you guys developing an apricot flavor? I’d like to try a clone of Strawberry Astronaut - and you have all the flavors I need, except Apricot.

So… what do you think?
:pray:

1 Like

Thank you very much…I will try to have patience. Or I may just order the others for now…who knows, I’m fickle :wink:

And you are welcome for the reviews, I didn’t even think of the reviews saying vape…duh

Yes, by all means please don’t mess it up so that I won’t be able to get flavorings from you after the FDA is done with us.That is the last thing I want to happen. Hoping they leave us diy’ers out of their sights for a bit.

Oh…btw, feel free to remove any of the vape words or sentences from my reviews if you need to, I understand. Or I can edit them and resubmit if you would like? Just let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Frackin awesome, thanks, @Walt_RealFlavors!

1 Like

My last two orders came in, couldn’t help myself and grabbed some peaches and cream… hoooooo boy, that flavor is really sweet. I’m going to have to find a flavor pairing to cut into that sweetness. But boy is it good!

3 Likes

Might settle down with a steep, but if not FA Fresh Cream is a nice cream to remove some sweetness at 1%

3 Likes

Any suggestions for a “cobbler” portion to add to this, this flavor is perfect for it… when I took the first hit of it, the memory of my grandmother’s peach cobbler danced in my head.

4 Likes