Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

Wow, really? :dizzy_face:

Not bad when you think a 1oz bottle will make a 4-6oz bottle of normal flavoringā€¦

2 Likes

Wow
That is an amazingly a good price

Yes, I am honestly shocked and impressed! I expected it to be much higher.

Still not happy with not getting spouts with my order thoughā€¦grumble grumble grumble

Damn customers, we are just never happy :wink:

1 Like

This is exciting, thanks Walt!

From the raw extracts I am guessing you then make your own dilutions in VG, PDO or PG to make it easier to mix? I am guessing you can just add them straight to the bottle your mixing but if you are only making 30ml might be too strong in itā€™s raw form?

This is exactly what I was hoping for, just got a surge of adrenaline :grinning:

1 Like

Ok, I donā€™t get it. Just a week ago you saidā€¦

What am I missing?

Thinking maybe he did the math and realized with 128oz to the gallon x $8 an oz, he will make $1024 per gallon. Profit per gallon is $599 after his cost of $425. Then minus labor and bottles. But still a good profit margin. Thinking after your comment he got out the calculator.

1 Like

Oh I really hope that includes Walmart Canada we never seem to get all the great stuff the Americans get :frowning: Congrats on that, excellent news :slight_smile:

1 Like

A huge multimillionaire deal that allowed me to buy about 500x the normal size I would normally buy. There is only a limited amount of flavors that will go live (based of what the retail stores are selling).

More purchasing power mean crazy better prices for me to work with. This all came about very fast and shortly after we had chatted.

The extract formula is not the same as our normal VG flavors either.

So a couple thingsā€¦

7 Likes

A hearty congratulations to you and your company Walt, what a great deal. I think your Son deserves a big raise :smiley:

2 Likes

Gotcha. That does make senseā€¦thanks!

3 Likes

Raw extracts are up: https://www.realflavors.com/collections/vendors?q=Raw%20Extracts

The Baklava Extract sure sounds interesting, just had the real thing about a month agoā€¦delicious. The Baked Bread sounds interesting as well, not sure if any other vendor has anything like that.

Going to see what else pops up before placing my order, cmon strawberry, bread pudding, all the custardsā€¦blah blah blah :smiley:

4 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors the Recommended starting percentage for applications is 1 - 3.5%. Is that for e-liquid use or for bakery and other uses?

1 Like

eliquid may be a bit more but our site is having a lot of issues. I am working on getting it fixed. We got hit with a huge crash when we launched the extracts.

I was just told 2-3% works for most

5 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors I apologise if itā€™s been covered previously and Iā€™ve missed it, but have you done any testing for (or is there a company position on) diacetyl, or acetoin or acetyl propionyl?

I do appreciate your mention of the use of alcohol btw! Itā€™s nice to know in advance that flavors will need some breathing time! Does this apply to all of your extracts, or just the ones that denote that alcohol is involved in the suspension fluid/carrier?
(I havenā€™t had time to look through every raw flavor extract yet)

Thanks again for being involved in the community!

1 Like

I canā€™t speak for the newer raw extracts but all the VG based flavorings have the results posted on their site.
I am sure @Walt_RealFlavors will chime in when he gets a moment to catch up.
https://www.realflavors.com/pages/testing
Edit : If you click on any flavor the test results are shown on the same page.

2 Likes

Excellent! Thank you for the link! =)

1 Like

I hate to assume anything but Walt has been very vocal on keeping the nasties out of all their flavoring and I would guess the extracts will be treated the same.
I still find it amazing especially with the Custards and The French Toast flavors as the French Toast has a wonderful heavily buttered flavor.

2 Likes

Yeah, I definitely got that impression as well from reading the testing page! =)

Iā€™m just curious to see his response on the alcohol question at this point. :slight_smile:

1 Like