Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I believe I already posted these on the vendor thread??? But since you are starting a dedicated thread I will post here as well for simplicity on finding tasting notes.

Brownie SC, Original name was Brownie Batter:

Mixed at 1.5% SF 30/70 PG/VG using SG of .96 g/ml

At a 3 day steep: OMG. This is a very good strength at 1.5% at 3 days. If the flavor strengthens with a longer steep, I might have to reduce it to 1%, but it’s great at 3 days. I made the mistake of mixing the first batch of this with sweetener, thinking of those “other” chocolates I had tried. It was sickening, had to dump and remake. I recommend trying without sweetener first, then start small if you want more sweetness. Tastes and smells exactly like the name. Imagine you have just stirred that mix with 50 spoon strokes, then scraped the batter into the pan. Then you use your finger to clean the bowl of that delicious, rich, gooey, chocolaty goodness. And it’s not that weak chocolate brownie mix, oh noooo. This is the deluxe Fudge Brownie Mix batter. So this and rich you can practically feel it coating your tongue mmmmmmmm. Oh, ummmm, where was I at?

Oh yes, it really is that good. Just buy it. Sweet, fudgy, chocolaty, uncooked brownie batter. Nice thick mouth feel even at 3 days. I can honestly say this is the first chocolate flavor I have found that I like. My only caveat would be that this is so realistic and rich that I can’t ADV it. Gets sickening after a while, just like if you have really eaten too much batter. It’s been great for around 3 hours at a time, or whenever I get a sweet tooth. And with coffee, definitely with coffee. I will update at the 4 week steep.

At a 4 week steep, this has weakened and had flavor loss similar to what lemon does. I still get the brownie flavor, but it’s not as strong and has lost that fudgy rich flavor and the thick mouth feel is completely gone. I am going to skip this right up to 3%, which means it will be way too strong before steeping. But testing to see if it can hold on to more flavor with a steep. Otherwise, this would make an incredible S&V after 24 hours. I wouldn’t make more than a week’s worth or so at a time, so as to not lose that realistic fudgy richness that makes this flavor so good during the first week.

At a 3-7 day steep I would rate this 5 stars as it’s perfect, and this will probably be one I keep as a S&V. At a 4 week steep I would give it 3, unless the stronger percentage helps hold the flavor. It still tastes good and like brownie batter, but a weaker version compared to how gooey and intense it is in that first week.

Cream SC:

Tested at 1% on the Vengeance .2 coil at 35W.

At a 3 day steep: a light sweet cream at this point. Flavor is slightly sweet, not overwhelming or heavy. A basic cream, this has a little bit of a thick creamy mouth feel. I was hoping for a whipped cream flavor, hoping this develops into one with either a longer steep or higher percentage. Or both :wink:

So far a light flavor, but waiting for a tradition steep time for creams before final decision. Based on the first taste test, I’m thinking this will be better at a 1.5-2% range. I will retest at 4 week and decide then.

EDIT: 4 week steep. This hasn’t changed much, still a light sweet cream. No hints of buttermilk/cheese. Pure clean cream, just slightly sweet. TBH, I’m thinking the sweetness is just the natural sweetness of the VG as it doesn’t seem any sweeter than vaping plain VG. Very small amount of a thick mouth feel at this percentage, I think this will increase with higher percentage. I think this would be best in the 1.5-3% range in a mix depending on how dominant you want the cream. I don’t see myself using this as a SF.

This didn’t change much if at all with a longer steep, so huge reduction in waiting time :slight_smile:

Funnel Cake SC:

Mixed at 1.7% SF 30/70 PG/VG using SG of 1.05 g/ml

At a 3 day steep: This one is not quite as strong as the other extracts I have tried so far. Still not weak, just a very delicate flavor, and it’s obvious with the sniff test, so I started this one a bit higher than the others. I got a very very sweet pile of powdered sugar with a hint of greasiness overlaying a slight play doh. Not really much dough or cake yet. Definitely needs a longer steep time on this one.

Let me say that I am one of the unlucky ones that can only taste Play Doh with CAPs Donut as well, so if you don’t you won’t taste that in here either.

At a 1 week steep: This has strengthened and developed a deeper flavor. It’s still very light, and I am now getting a very small hint of play doh every 3rd or 4th hit instead of every one. Except extremely sweet. I am now tasting a weak amount of greasy dough that is drowned in powder sugar. For me, the sweetness is so much more pronounced than the dough, it’s not balanced at all. I don’t get that light fluffy fried dough from it. I can almost taste it though. Hard to tell with this one. I am going to taste this again at 4 weeks to see if the sugar settles and the dough comes out. I am also going to mix another one at 2.5% and see if a little bit stronger blend will bring the dough more forward without being too sweet. And no, this doesn’t taste of cinnamon. If you are looking for cinnamon, I would recommend a churro flavoring. This dough so far will not stand up against adding cinnamon. So still undecided on this flavor, further testing required.

At the 4 week steep, the occasional hint of play doh has completely disappeared, as well as the greasy flavor. It does taste like a very authentic funnel cake, including the powdered sugar flavor. The overwhelming sugar has calmed down, and although still very sweet, it’s more balanced with the cake now. It is a very light flavor though. At least at this percentage. My concern is that the flavor of the dough would disappear if mixed with any other flavors. However, the higher percentage of 2.5% may strengthen this a lot. I will update this with the stronger tests. If you are looking for just a funnel cake, this at a higher percentage would be great. Might also be good in lower percentages .5-1.5) for adding a powdered sugar flavor to bakery recipes as that is quite prominent.

Marshmallow SC:

Tested at 1% in a Troll on a .5 fused clapton at 26W.

At a 3 day steep: this is so far a very sweet generic flavor. It seems delicate, has a body to the mouth feel but not a creaminess. Getting a strange, slight chemical back note. Not getting marshmallow from it at all.

Based on these early results, I think this flavor needs a little higher percentage as it’s so delicate. I would guess 2% maybe? That will be my next tester percentage, as well as retasting the 1% at 4 weeks to see if the flavor develops more with time.

EDIT: 4 week steep. The 1% tester has remained a generic sweetness with an exhale of slight marshmallow. Has a great body to it, and the chemical note has disappeared completely. At 1% working great as a sweetener and to add a little body to a mix without actual marshmallow flavor. I do think the authentic marshmallow flavor will be more prominent in the 1.5-3% range.

This one is very similar with the longer steep in comparison to the 3 day. I did see the improvement of that chemical note disappearing, but that might have very well been improved at 1 or 2 weeks, so might consider testing it with less of a steep.

Yumberry SC:

Tested at 1% on the Vengeance .2 coil at 35W.

At a 3 day steep: a lovely bright sweet berry. This is my first experience with yumberry, and I’m not sure what the real thing tastes like. The flavor is similar to boysenberry to me, which has been until now my favorite. That type of bright refreshing sweet berry without any perfume or tart flavor. Seems to be a good percentage of flavor. I am going to mix another tester at 1.5% to see if I can push it a little stronger without adding perfume, just to see how well it will stand up in heavier bakery flavors.

Time will tell if this stays the same strength or deepens a little with a steep. Already planning Yumberries & Cream, Yumberry Danish, Yumberry Cobbler, Yumberry Ice Cream, Waffles with Yumberries, PB & Yumberry Jam Sandwich.

EDIT: At a 4 week steep. This flavor has surprisingly faded a little bit with the longer steep. Still bright and juicy, just not as strong. I will be using this as a S&V at around 1-1.5% as it’s plenty strong as a SF. If using in something I will be steeping I would start at 1.5-2.5% SF. Starting point as a mixer for me will be at 1% and go up from there. Very refreshing, I’m liking it a lot. If you like boysenberry you will like this one.

Cola SC:

Mixed at 1.5% SF 30/70 PG/VG using SG of 1.05 g/ml

Warning on this one. It separates extremely fast. Shake well and shake often and right before measuring. Even when trying to pull 1 ml up in a syringe to weigh it for gravity, I had to cap and shake again between every syringe full. Even though there was less than a minute in between drawing each syringe. It would weigh at 1.04g, then .79g. Then I’d shake and it would go back up to 1.05. Many times. When trying to weight for gravity, I usually draw three 1ml syringes and use the number that comes up most, usually 2 of 3 times. This one I had to weight like 8 times and shake between each one before I got the same number a few times, so please go by your own SG on this one. And shake immediately before using. Also when putting it into the pg and vg in the flask, the flavoring stayed suspended in little black bubbles by themselves, they didn’t dissolve. I was worried that it would keep separating after mixing. No worries, it blended fine with the frother, and seemed to stay blended after mixing. And it’s very black. Like blended with the black rubber in the syringes so made it hard to see black. However, it didn’t stain the syringes like I thought it would, but with longer exposure it might. I’m also not sure if that will affect how quickly your coils gunk either.

At a 3 day steep: This is a very good strength at 1% at 3 days. It’s nice and sweet. And I absolutely hate it! Which is good for you, as I hate Coke. I have been a Diet Pepsi person my entire life. I can’t even drink regular soda as to me it tastes like pure sugar. This tastes exactly like regular Coke. Not Pepsi, and we all know there is a difference. It is not effervescent, as that means fizzy and bubbly. And obviously it can’t be that as it contains no carbonation. However, it doesn’t have that overly sweet flat taste either. So it tastes like the real thing, just without the tingles. My husband loves it. He likes Coke. He wants me to make him a bottle of rum and coke, and vanilla coke, and cherry coke, and maybe lime coke. And he says maybe cherry vanilla coke. Which I will happily do as long as I don’t have to vape it. I will not be updating this at a 4 week steep, blech. I will leave that to the other testers that actually like coke and let them talk about how a longer steep changes the strength/flavor.

Premium French Vanilla SC:

Mixed at 1% SF 30/70 PG/VG using SG of 1.19 g/ml

I mostly covered this in a short chat on the forums, so mostly copied and pasted from that conversation with others as I think it mostly covers it?

At a 3 day steep: FV is like a gourmet french vanilla with that thick rich mouth feel even after only a 3 day steep, really curious what a 4 week steep will taste like. It actually tastes like a true FV Custard, rich with the egg yolk but no eggy taste, and the creamy mouth feel rivals CAP V1 for me. I am a huge custard person and CAP V1 has always been my favorite. This has overtaken it and is now number 1 for me. It has that caramelized vanilla flavor, so it won’t be a sub in recipes that just need that plain vanilla creaminess. I would compare it to a super creamy, thick rich home churned FV ice cream.

It’s not that true classic “custard” taste. Most custards are known for that rich egg based and flavored thick vanilla cream. This is more of a an ice cream base french vanilla. I compare it to CAP to compare that creamy mouth feel. Almost like when you eat a bite of pudding or drink buttermilk. You can almost feel that cream type film on your tongue. If I tasted this blind without knowing the name Premium French Vanilla, I would say it is a french vanilla ice cream with the creamy mouth feel and density of a Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream. Or a french vanilla custard. It could be very versatile. I believe this is an excellent SF, and will make an excellent accent as well. I will update at 4 weeks to see how this strengthens/changes with a steep.

At a 4 week steep this is still blowing my socks off. This has mellowed slightly with a steep. Until I tried it at 4 weeks, I didn’t realize it had a very slight sharpness/harshness to it at the 3 day test. I thought it was part of the caramelization in the flavoring. Now it has smoothed out noticeably. I loved it at the 3 day mark as well though, it’s so slight I didn’t notice until I had a longer steep to compare (maybe a bit of alcohol in the flavoring?) I will go on record as saying this has moved into the number 1 slot for custards for me. I still love CAP V1 for a classic vanilla custard. But if you are looking for a rich french custard or ice cream this is it.

EDIT: Changed names from original extract to the new Super Concentrates.

22 Likes

Excellent in depth notes. Thanks for sharing.

9 Likes

First, i suck at this kind of thing, i can ramble on about nothing for hours but when it comes to describing things… Sorry for the brevity here.

All vaped at 65w on a Troll V2 316L 24g dual coil build @ .24ohms. All cured for a month.

Brownie Batter Extract

Very real fudgy brownie batter. Im not big on chocolate vapes, i like the real thing. As @MysticRose said in her review it does lose its potency after awhile. If you are making a cream or custard with it, or heavy bready vapes, and want to cure the custard for the proper amount of time then add this in a few days before vaping. It is very dark.

Mixed @ 1.25%

Cola Extract (RF)

For the love of all that is holy why does this separate so quickly! It is fine once mixed but #&$)(#$)(@@&#&$(*$&#! I had to heat up the VG/PG a bit as i went with a 80/20 in a 10ml sample. After it was mixed it was fine and it is Old Coke, pre HFCS. I didnt have much of this so i was unable to experiment but the wife loved the Vanilla Coke i made.

mixed @ .75% with a touch of French Vanilla Extract (MF)

Condensed Milk Extract (RF)

Rich cream, lightly sweet and very realistic. Has many applications, in creams, cereals, fruits, ice creams, bakeries and on and on.

Keep it under 1% in mixes.

Cream Soda Extract (RF)

I like and old time cream soda, not the cheap canned stuff made today. Nice and creamy without being overly sweet and it can be mixed with damn near anything.

Used in the 1-1.5% range, mixed.

French Vanilla Extract (RF)

If only i had more of this (3ml), this would be very versatile. Coffee, custard, chocolate, bakery, soda’s and much much more.

Used @ 1.25%, for single mix and .75% for the French Vanilla Coke.

Funnel Cake Extract (RF)

This is a copy/paste from the ratings:

While this is a fantastic flavor, with 4 weeks curing time, it is also a bit delicate. My first mix was at 2% and then 2.25%. As MysticRose said 2.5% should be the single mix sweet spot.

If this were a bit stronger I would have given it 4 stars. I only had around 3ml so there wasnt much to play with.

Use in the 2.25-2.5% range.

Ginger Ale (RF)

Review to come as the mix is curing.

This is a fantastic VG based flavor.

Vanilla Custard Extract (RF)

Review to come as the mix is curing.

I will say this tho, VC (RF) is more of a nice vanilla pudding from a box or snack pack. I have used the VG based flavoring in quite a few mixes that required this type of profile. I always wanted it to be stronger to make it easier to work with and now it is.

So that is it. Flavors i have set for the next time that i can order, which will be awhile, are Strawberry, Pineapple, Honey, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Oatmeal Cookie and Pear. If it is an extract of the regular pear then it is slightly cooked, this is what i am hoping for. Flavorings id like done in Extracts, Cinnamon Custard, Bread Pudding and THIMBLEBERRY!

Id like to do further testing with Funnel Cake but other than that one i would order all of these again. Id also be interested in swapping a few with someone.

15 Likes

Thank you very much for the notes. I’m not good at this sort of stuff either, I ramble. However, it is very very helpful, thank you, I think you did a great job

5 Likes

That is incorrect, I very much like reading your flavor notes. The spoon licker thing transported me into the past to when my granny made brownies from scratch and we kids would fuss over who got the spoon, who got the mixer blades, and who got the bowl. Some of my most treasured memories.

And thank you. >:^)

9 Likes

BTW, thanks for getting this started @Pro_Vapes. This is a much needed thread, compiling all this info will be easier on both us and @Walt_RealFlavors.

@BoyHowdy, Jump on in, bud. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’ll be good to separate the studs from the duds. I’m planning on buying a lot of these once I see what’s exceptional. Thanks for sharing your notes.

8 Likes

As @MysticRose said some of these do weaken a bit, probably as a result of the evaporation of the alcohol.

That Yumberry sounds delicious, think ill need to bump that to the top of the list. I bought mine during the BOGO and i think i have an extra Ginger Ale. I can run by the Post Office in the morning if you want to give it a try. I have an extra Condensed Milk and Vanilla Custard too but i see you have both.

5 Likes

Thanks but I have these two. As for the Ginger Ale, I really wouldn’t know what to mix it with. Thanks very much for the offer tho.

4 Likes

Alrighty, i bought it for the wife as Ginger Ale is her favorite bubbly drink but a 30ml of this should last the rest of her days.

I was chatting with one of my favorite vendors recently and they said they were looking into getting the extracts, for smaller size breakdown as well.

5 Likes

That’ll be good for testing flavors to see what you like… kinda like a buffet. lol

6 Likes

I LOVE a good buffet! :slight_smile:

Ill let everyone know if it happens, i am on their site far more often than i would like to admit…

6 Likes

I got mine from the bogo too and will not use them all this year…lol. VapeyMama already traded me her extra Vanilla Custard for the Yumberry. I think my others I have extras in are Cream and Marshmallow? I’m not ambulating well right now due to knee surgery on Thursday, so it will be a couple weeks before I can mail anything. I don’t really know of anything I would use the Ginger Ale in either, but I’m open to send you each one or I can open and make them each into 15ml testers so you can try both. But it will be a couple weeks :frowning:

Edit: meaning you and Provapes share…you each can have 1 of them or I can split them.

5 Likes

No need my friend , I am happy to say this time everyone’s findings are a mirror of my own so I won’t add anything yet.I only have about six and the only ones not mentioned is the ones I have yet to test.
I am grateful that we now have @Pro_Vapes trying these as well.
I am like you as I have almost 50 of the regular VG ones .I do love them but it is much easier to mix with these RAW concentrates.
I do need to get a trial going of the White Chocolate ,Rice Crispy Treat ,and Chocolate RAW extracts.I got impatient looking for a chocolate that would work so I purchased all three of the MF extracts and have been using them thus far.

7 Likes

You just worry about you right now. Ive had several knee surgeries, i know it isnt fun!

6 Likes

Thanks @MysticRose… I’m really stocked on MM and Creams. I’m mostly concerned with RF bakery and fruits, but I really appreciate your offer.

5 Likes

These are two I’m very interested in. Keep us posted once you try them.

5 Likes

I will get a test started on them tonight. I am hopeful about the chocolate due to the Brownie Batter RAW. It is a very good chocolate IMO but I am not sold on the batter part of it yet.I made the mistake of not testing from the two day mark until a full month had passed as I had forgotten about it.

5 Likes

Ohhhh no! Make another tester tonight with the others and try it on day 3. You will be amazed at the difference!

5 Likes

I decided that as soon as I read your notes.:blush: I got a chocolate fudge brownie but not so much wet batter “mouth feel” so I am sure it lost a little over time with you and @Ken_O_Where stating you both had that happen.
I think I experienced a similar result with the cola but like Ken mentioned , I didn’t have enough to do much testing and it was very good so there wasn’t much left after a couple of weeks!

6 Likes