Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Cannot wait for these to hit the UK!

5 Likes

Dang, I wish Walmart Canada carried this stuff.:disappointed: You Americans can get all the best stuff at Walmart. We getā€¦ less. :cry:

4 Likes

I cant see asda selling these,can you?

5 Likes

Prob not in the Asda where I live but who knowsā€¦Iā€™m off to bug Walt on the RF thread! :+1:

2 Likes

Hey there! That bottle issue should be gone now, they are now heat sealed, then a special CRC cap is put on to tighten it even more.

11 Likes

I have the rice krispy treat tester steeping at 2%. Will report results

5 Likes

I know i cant get pyure here. Maybe walt can arrange a deal with walmarr Canada

4 Likes

@Pro_Vapes did you by chance get their boysenberry flavor? Iā€™m hoping to see your notes and mixing recommendations for it.

3 Likes

No I donā€™t have it. Unless I hear something fantastic about it, Iā€™ll probably stick with FLV version.

4 Likes

My experience with their VG based fruits is that they are much less floral than some of the other brands which is something i like a lot. Havent used this particular flavoring but have used quite a few of the others.

2 Likes

I was hoping to see you mixing suggestions on it, I used it in a recipe that I had previously used FLV in I used the FLV at 3% and reduced this to 2% and the flavor is there but there is a lot of floral notes to it that havenā€™t seemed to change in 10 days of steeping so far. I like the FLV but I guess Iā€™m cheap and am hoping I can replace it with this at a rate that makes it more cost effective.

1 Like

i mix FLV Boysenberry @ .5-1%. Itā€™s extremely concentrated so I can see why you get a floral note @ 2-3%.

2 Likes

I think I need to try the FLV at a lower rate and see what I get. I adapted a recipe I had and just reduced the flavor from CAP Raspberry a little, but I didnā€™t realize I should reduce it that much.

1 Like

Pumpkin Pie Extract tasting notes from Trevorxgage on reddit:

Hot damn Iā€™m glad I got this. Picked it up on a whim because I have been buying every pumpkin flavor I could, including many lesser known companies stuff. I REALLY enjoy RF offerings for a pumpkin pie. It has body, a very soft, slightly creamed type mouth feel like youā€™d get from a pumpkin pie.

I donā€™t get any crust from it, but thatā€™s no issue since the body is the main thing I was looking for. As far as Spice goes, this leans heavier on the ginger of pumpkin spice, very light cinnamon, and a slightly subtle allspice and nutmeg, so itā€™s not perfect on the spice side of it but as youā€™ll see itā€™s an easy remedy.

They posted a recipe on reddit using the PP Extract: Link

5 Likes

This eases a lot of my curiousity about this extractā€¦ I have this on the way. Thanks for posting.

5 Likes

Look forward to your notes. If you are going to continue buying them at this rate maybe shoot Walt a message about a slight discount or something.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if they ship to Canada but I bought my Pyure direct from the manufacturer as I never could find it at my local WalMart.
https://shop.pyuresweet.com/collections/all/products/organic-liquid-stevia?variant=23639138883

2 Likes

Thank you. Alas at checkout the only country available is United States :frowning: Walmart will not ship to Canada either

2 Likes

That is unfortunate. Is Pyure restricted in Canada ? If not I would have no problem shipping you a bottle.
Perhaps another option is making your own. I remember seeing a post from @ozo that he has now started making his own and that it is a simple process.

3 Likes

First you must get the RIGHT organic stevia powderā€¦
Then itā€™s a simple 1 teaspoon /30ml VGā€¦or PG if you wish.Or even mixed.
Research ELRā€¦the best tools are on hereā€¦do the work, get the rewards.
Again :

2 Likes